New Warzone Variants

Ok, so I got into warzone after finally playing it, but I think they need to mix it up a bit. I like that you get a mix of the Covenant and Prometheans, but they need some maps with different settings and some classic enemies. Having a map with the Flood as the primary AI would be a good twist. Make the setting in a swamp possibly? What about all the those Forerunner robots hitting you with those annoying lasers, and the large ones with shields?(forgot the names and to lazy to go look) Getting some enemies from the original 3 games would be epic! Adding a Gravemind as the Legendary Boss? Make some even larger scale maps that require more points and throw in tougher bosses? Any other thoughts on some newer maps?

For the gravemind as a boss
First 150 boss: There could tentacles around each base tormenting players at the very start (like Lochagos on March on Stormbreak), so two large ones at each base worth 25 points so three bases will total 150 points
Second 150 boss: 3 heavily armoured pure (tank) forms from halo 3 that don’t transform (regular ones do) spawn altogether
Third 150 boss: Good Ol’ tentacle face itself, hopefully the map design will allow it to have its face vaguely towards all the bases and can only be harmed in the mouth, so as it attacks it’s changing its target base, tentacles can sprout and retract anywhere on the map to attack anyone.
Maybe in the bases we have a pair of sentinels instead of marines which would bring back the sentinel beam too.

Maybe have monitor that floats around and comments on players killing each other instead of the flood.
“Claiming the lives of your people whilst the infection still resides amongst the battlefield?”
“This one has slain five opposing humans without falling, now try aiming at the flood”
“Remarkable! You defy the gravemind, aaaand now you’re killing each other again…”

If sentinels return then the more powerful enforcers (appeared in halo 2 have the dual shields in front of them) which could support the Warden or be an individual boss.

Since the Grav Hammer is returning soon might as well bring back the whole brute sandbox, which could bring back brutes themselves. Perhaps it’ll allow SoS elites to appear in the bases instead of marines (I’m bored of marines if you couldn’t tell)

> 2533274857165616;2:
> For the gravemind as a boss
> First 150 boss: There could tentacles around each base tormenting players at the very start (like Lochagos on March on Stormbreak), so two large ones at each base worth 25 points so three bases will total 150 points
> Second 150 boss: 3 heavily armoured pure (tank) forms from halo 3 that don’t transform (regular ones do) spawn altogether
> Third 150 boss: Good Ol’ tentacle face itself, hopefully the map design will allow it to have its face vaguely towards all the bases and can only be harmed in the mouth, so as it attacks it’s changing its target base, tentacles can sprout and retract anywhere on the map to attack anyone.
> Maybe in the bases we have a pair of sentinels instead of marines which would bring back the sentinel beam too.
>
> Maybe have monitor that floats around and comments on players killing each other instead of the flood.
> “Claiming the lives of your people whilst the infection still resides amongst the battlefield?”
> “This one has slain five opposing humans without falling, now try aiming at the flood”
> “Remarkable! You defy the gravemind, aaaand now you’re killing each other again…”
>
> If sentinels return then the more powerful enforcers (appeared in halo 2 have the dual shields in front of them) which could support the Warden or be an individual boss.
>
> Since the Grav Hammer is returning soon might as well bring back the whole brute sandbox, which could bring back brutes themselves. Perhaps it’ll allow SoS elites to appear in the bases instead of marines (I’m bored of marines if you couldn’t tell)

Love your concept man
Thumbs up

It would be awesome but will probably never happen unfortunately

great idea if this were halo 3

Exactly! ! That would be am epic match to bring in all that to the playing field! That was pretty much how I envisioned it, but you brought some even better thoughts and details about the gameplay! Having the different types of flood that was introduced in the 3rd installment? More difficult ones get added after a team reaches a certain number of points? The Gravemind could basically “spit” large amounts of spores to ad to the frustration? Maybe even allow them to take over a fallen body of a spartan to add to the intensity? Having tentacles appearing and attacking randomly without Palmer letting you know where they appear like she does for all the other bosses would make it harder, maybe just have the Monitor be able to say where the Gravemind head will be?

Bringing in the Brutes would be a nice touch as well! ! Sentinels vs Marines would make it interesting. Add the devices on the walls where the Sentinels appear from to either limit how many can appear, or make a new req that allows you to add a sentinel to your bases to help defend it?

The Monitor mocking the players throughout the game would be a hilarious touch. Maybe have it worth negative points if a team shoots him down?

I would like to see a variant more centered around pvp. Btb is too small and you never get points for killing Spartans

There was a fightable flood boss in Halo 2’s code called the flood juggernaut. I would love to see that, the grave mind couldn’t really fit in a map, seeing as it is insanely massive

> 2533274832089275;8:
> There was a fightable flood boss in Halo 2’s code called the flood juggernaut. I would love to see that, the grave mind couldn’t really fit in a map, seeing as it is insanely massive

The juggernaut would be a pretty accurate size boss when compared to the current ones. For the Gravemind to work only it’s head would be able to be visible when coming through the ground, while having tentacles periodically come out of the ground in random locations.