New Warzone mode confirmed.

I greatly apologize if this is old news, but I just found this article interesting http://www.gamepur.com/news/20059-halo-5-guardians-warzone-will-have-base-attack-assaultdefend-mode-without.html. This new Warzone adaptation (the newer attacker vs defender mode, not the core Warzone mode) reminds me of Rush from battlefield 4, (but better because it’s halo ;)). And for those of you asking about BTB, Holmes says “shortly after launch” along with “specific BTB maps”. This great news for me personally because I was under the impression that BTB games would be played on smaller areas of Warzone maps. It’s great to hear that theyre going as far as to make brand new maps. (Again, sorry if this is old news. I haven’t seen anything for it yet)

War zone is more like onslaught from unreal tournament 2004, it’s actually exactly like it except to destroy the generator in halo 5 you just have to control all 3 points, in unreal tournament you could control different points as long as they led to the enemy base, would allow you to destroy generator, in rush for battlefield, you just destroy 2 objectives 3 times in a row on 3 different parts of 1 map… Which now that I think of it, isn’t like war zone at all

Yes this is old…

clickable link

I approve of this game mode. I always like Rush in BF games.

Nice, hadn’t seen this, thanks! Sounds awesome!

This is very old news, but I’ll cut you some slack.

The Warzone variant is actually a larger version of Invasion from Halo: Reach, but to be fair that was basically just a Rush, rip-off.

I have been paying a good amount to Halo5. I guess I over looked this. I am happy Halo 5 is adding 2/3 of my fav games aspect…Halo and Battlefield!!

> 2533274939958452;7:
> This is very old news, but I’ll cut you some slack.
>
> The Warzone variant is actually a larger version of Invasion from Halo: Reach, but to be fair that was basically just a Rush, rip-off.

No no no. I phrased it badly. I’ve known about Warzone ever since its announcement. I’m talking about this secondary variant of it, where its a base by base capture system wth defenders vs attackers. Warzone itself is VERY old news.

Good

> 2535468947915585;9:
> > 2533274939958452;7:
> > This is very old news, but I’ll cut you some slack.
> >
> > The Warzone variant is actually a larger version of Invasion from Halo: Reach, but to be fair that was basically just a Rush rip-off.
>
>
> No no no. I phrased it badly. I’ve known about Warzone ever since its announcement. I’m talking about this secondary variant of it, where its a base by base capture system wth defenders vs attackers. Warzone itself is VERY old news.

I knew you were talking about the Warzone variant. I was just comparing it to Invasion, which was a defender vs. attacker game mode as well.

We got this news in June, so saying “very old news” is a stretch, sorry about that.

Damn this Is old :frowning: I don’t hate you though Op :slight_smile:

This is indeed old news, but I’ve been noticing quite a few people talk about wanting Invasion back and ignoring my comments about who this second game mode is basically Invasion 2.0.

It’s probably for the best that a new thread was created to spread awareness that the spirit of Invasion lives on in Halo 5.