New Warzone Map is Terrible

I cannot be the only one experiencing terrible match experiences on the new Warzone map, Noctus. I’m no expert map designer, I’m no expert at Halo, but I have played enough of this game, and enough of this map to determine that it is almost impossible to win the match if you do not secure the monument during the initial rush which should not be the case.

Whether it be the incredible size of the monument, and the terrible lines of site into but not out of the base, it just becomes a long range death fest for the team trying to steal the monument.

Initial thoughts to fix this would be to have covenant spawns in the monument more frequently, and maybe start the mission off with two hunters rather than an elite squad

Maybe I’m alone. But I don’t think I am. I have also been off the forums for a while so I apologize if this topic has already been thoroughly discussed.

Every time I play it I regret not dashboarding before it starts. I have only had one exceptional game on it where I went 47/2, and most other times it just leaves me infuriated. Spawns are terrible, sight lines are annoying, and the monument is way too critical. Most games end up heavily one sided.

If you capture the two garages, you can sandwich the other team and steal the boss kills. Has happened once or twice when we didn’t capture monument. It’s also open season for snipers on that map, so you can wrack up kills even if you don’t have the monument. From my experience, I haven’t noticed much of a difference to the other maps as far as strategy goes. Getting the middle base is helpful, but not required.

> 2533274826203061;2:
> Every time I play it I regret not dashboarding before it starts. I have only had one exceptional game on it where I went 47/2, and most other times it just leaves me infuriated. Spawns are terrible, sight lines are annoying, and the monument is way too critical. Most games end up heavily one sided.

This is my exact experience. Out of the 3-4 games that I’ve played on it, my team hasn’t come within 600 points of winning. I’m not saying that I’m upset cause I’m losing, but when 100% of your games are decided by more than 600 points it is frustrating and telling that the map is not perfect. It looks awesome, but plays mediocre.

I thought it was the best Warzone map by far…

> 2533274873580796;5:
> I thought it was the best Warzone map by far…

The shiniest of four turds…

> 2533274830756546;4:
> > 2533274826203061;2:
> >
>
>
> This is my exact experience. Out of the 3-4 games that I’ve played on it, my team hasn’t come within 600 points of winning. I’m not saying that I’m upset cause I’m losing, but when 100% of your games are decided by more than 600 points it is frustrating and telling that the map is not perfect. It looks awesome, but plays mediocre.

I also find that any time I play on the map, whether I am on the losing or winning team, I always get killed before being able to fully utilize a power weapon. Every time you either get sniped or killed by some stupid grenade and smg spam.

Despite the map kind of having the “vehicle battle” aesthetic to it, tanks are literally a death sentence. Their awful controls and slow speed ensure that you get boarded due to the plethora of man cannons and boardwalks, or get blown up by BR’s.

I once spawned on the highway.

In the open with no cover.

Near an enemy-controlled garage.

While an enemy sniper was active.

Yaaaay…

I find it to be very fun, but in a different way than the other Warzone maps. It’s more like slayer than objective.

> 2533274905097737;6:
> > 2533274873580796;5:
> > I thought it was the best Warzone map by far…
>
>
> The shiniest of four turds…

I guess you could say that… lol

I’d say the best of the lot tbh, nice and open with some close quarters, my only gripe is the nice curved buildings make head-glitching a real issue

OP is right the Monument is imperative

> 2533274905097737;6:
> > 2533274873580796;5:
> > I thought it was the best Warzone map by far…
>
>
> The shiniest of four turds…

Eww… I didn’t even know that was an expression… lol

I agree, while the map looks nice it encourages sitting atop the monument and its approaches camping, zoomed in with a BR and picking off incoming attackers. There does not seem to be any back an fourth game play on it, and therefore pretty boring. Even on the winning side its pretty boring.

Can it or bring back blood gulch.

Just my opinion, take it for what its worth trolls.

I decided I hated the map when I spawned a Legendary Scorpion and got ground pounded by 3 people as soon as I left the base and instantly destroyed by a tank that was just eyeing our garage up. We couldn’t leave the base the last 5 minutes of the match. Their was just no chance. I’m close to never playing Halo 5 again. Playing as a random I get too many teammates that AFK causing the other team to take full control of the map.

Control the monument, you win.

> 2533274802678598;14:
> I agree, while the map looks nice it encourages sitting atop the monument and its approaches camping, zoomed in with a BR and picking off incoming attackers. There does not seem to be any back an fourth game play on it, and therefore pretty boring. Even on the winning side its pretty boring.
>
> Can it or bring back blood gulch.
>
> Just my opinion, take it for what its worth trolls.

Not saying that we should can it completely, but I feel like adding a couple hunters in the beginning will slow the capture down and give a team a fighting chance at dying once and then trying to get the monument captured.

This along side elites, hunters, forerunners spawning inside the monument to keep the campers busy would be super helpful for any team attacking the monument.

> 2533274802678598;14:
> I agree, while the map looks nice it encourages sitting atop the monument and its approaches camping, zoomed in with a BR and picking off incoming attackers. There does not seem to be any back an fourth game play on it, and therefore pretty boring. Even on the winning side its pretty boring.
>
> Can it or bring back blood gulch.
>
> Just my opinion, take it for what its worth trolls.

Not saying that we should can it completely, but I feel like adding a couple hunters in the beginning will slow the capture down and give a team a fighting chance at dying once and then trying to get the monument captured.

This along side elites, hunters, forerunners spawning inside the monument to keep the campers busy would be super helpful for any team attacking the monument.

one word -terrible-