New Warp Armor Ability

Shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCiGiVqgqTA.
It is used twice back to back. The footage of this is very short. It can be seen at 0:33 through 0:35. <mark>It is the warping ability that the promethean knights have</mark>. You can only warp a few feet <mark>it looks like the replacement for the evade</mark> armor ability.

You have an AWESOME eye. Very nice find!

You have an AWESOME eye. Very nice find!

EDIT: Gah, the forums have so much traffic. Sorry for the double post.

Actually i think thats the Thruster armour abilty that have been confirmed.

> Actually i think thats the Thruster armour abilty that have been confirmed.

Yes it is the Thruster armour ability.

what happens to the warthog close to 1:25? it flashes might be the shields?

> what happens to the warthog close to 1:25? it flashes might be the shields?

It’s being EMP’d.

I like what that ability does in the campaign, but is it just me or did it take the player from one point to another completely random point in the map?? He went from a stair case to the middle of the map.

Where did that blue get his knife from at 1:39? 0_0 Just saying Lol.

> You have an AWESOME eye. Very nice find!

Bah.

OP didn’t talk about the yellow dude seemingly side stepping in the one clip.

> > Actually i think thats the Thruster armour abilty that have been confirmed.
>
> Yes it is the Thruster armour ability.

I honestly think it’s a warp ability. A thruster would launch a player up right? Not backwards or forwards (on ground level). It’s the warp. Notice how there’s a ball of light and then they dissappear. And as for the sparks that could just be because it’s promethean/forerunner tech that the UNSC probably tried to replicate, so it’s probably not nearly as good. Explaining the movement of only a few feet. Do you notice how fast the second guy moved? I doubt a thruster would do that. But maybe you are right. But a warp ability would make sense.

> > You have an AWESOME eye. Very nice find!
>
> Bah.
>
> OP didn’t talk about the yellow dude seemingly side stepping in the one clip.

Hmmm, sorry I didn’t see it. I probably was aware of it but didn’t really think about it. I probably asume the player just strafed and stepped to the side. I don’t know what clip you are talking about for sure though.

That wasn’t a warp, that was the blue Spartan using the Thruster Pack Armor Ability.

As you can see, the Spartan remains in reality without warping (you see no rips or singularities anywhere) and instead dashes back wards. Which to me looks like the new Evade and reminds me of how you can dash in War for Cybertron. The sound effects are also have that “boost/rocket” sound to it.

> > > Actually i think thats the Thruster armour abilty that have been confirmed.
> >
> > Yes it is the Thruster armour ability.
>
> I honestly think it’s a warp ability. A thruster would launch a player up right? Not backwards or forwards (on ground level). It’s the warp. Notice how there’s a ball of light and then they dissappear. And as for the sparks that could just be because it’s promethean/forerunner tech that the UNSC probably tried to replicate, so it’s probably not nearly as good. Explaining the movement of only a few feet. Do you notice how fast the second guy moved? I doubt a thruster would do that. But maybe you are right. But a warp ability would make sense.

Go here then go to gameplay and scroll down to see a description of the Thruster armour ability plusit shows the thruster boosting him forward just like in the video you showed.

> That wasn’t a warp, that was the blue Spartan using the Thruster Pack Armor Ability.
>
>
> As you can see, the Spartan remains in reality without warping (you see no rips or singularities anywhere) and instead dashes back wards. Which to me looks like the new Evade and reminds me of how you can dash in War for Cybertron. The sound effects are also have that “boost/rocket” sound to it.

Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking thruster as in like jump pack. thats my bad.

> > > Actually i think thats the Thruster armour abilty that have been confirmed.
> >
> > Yes it is the Thruster armour ability.
>
> I honestly think it’s a warp ability. A thruster would launch a player up right? Not backwards or forwards (on ground level). It’s the warp. Notice how there’s a ball of light and then they dissappear. And as for the sparks that could just be because it’s promethean/forerunner tech that the UNSC probably tried to replicate, so it’s probably not nearly as good. Explaining the movement of only a few feet. Do you notice how fast the second guy moved? I doubt a thruster would do that. But maybe you are right. But a warp ability would make sense.

maybe that is why they called it “thruster”. if it was just for making them go up, it could have just remained as “jetpack”, but thruster kinda implies just increased movement. if it can make a player go up AND move faster in the x and y axis then i say WOOT.

since sprint is now default ability that everyone can use, maybe if you run with thrusters you do that gliding thingy with the thrusters

i just wonder if that will be ok for mp, i mean people said sprint made beat downs easy in reach

the thrusters look insane on speed
maybe lol, they will be worse than sprint.

It could be either warp or thrusters, I honestly can’t tell. Notice how during that double assassination the AA bar was blinking red… im curious if this feature is in bursts of one meaning you can only use this AA once before using it again.