*NEW Voting System*

The Voting System is something that has been forever a part of Halo since Halo 3. It has increasingly become better with each installment in the series. However, there are issues with where it stands today.

In Halo 2, the Servers randomly determined a gametype/map combination. There was no vetoing, you played what was given.

In Halo 3, the same happened as with Halo 2, but you could Veto for a new gametype/map combo. The Veto would work only with a majority (5/8 or >51%) vote occured. The next combo is non-vetoable and thus you were stuck with what you got the 2nd time.

In Halo Reach, we got 3 gametype/map combos, and a None of the Above option. If None of the Above was picked, then another 3 gametype/map combos came up. The people in-game then vote and whichever receives the highest vote wins. However, in the case of a tie, the TOP-most option gets picked.

^The last statement is what needs improved on in the Voting System for Halo 4. I find it terrible that 2 teams of 5 separately vote for 2 different options, yet the 1 team will win the vote only because the gametype/map THEY wanted to play is TOP-most in the voting selection. This isn’t fair when it comes to voting, as a single team can completely influence the outcome of what game is going to be played.

Here’s the 2 choices that can happen:

1:
-If there is a tie of the 2 top-picked gametype/map combos on the 1st Voting Round, then the system should assume None of the Above and start a 2nd Voting Round.

-If there is a tie of the 2 top-picked gametype/map combo on the 2nd (and Final) Voting Round, then a Random gametype/map combo that hasn’t been shown yet in EITHER round will be loaded instead.

This way neither party can favor over another when it comes to votes. Yes, I know that brings up a whole other issue of, “what if one team purposely ties another vote just to NOT get what 1 team picked?” There will always be issues, but this seems the fairest as neither team knows what’s being picked and the server will choose it automatically. Neither party is favored in this case.

2:
Another way to handle it would be if ties occur, that 1 person from each team has 5 seconds to choose a number between 1 and 10. Whichever person is closest to a number randomly generated by the server, their team’s choice would win in a tie. When a team locks in their number, the opposing team will no longer be able to select said number.

How do these options sound?

Or when a tie occur:

1. the game pick a map and deal with it

2. you have 50% chance that the map you selected will be randomly picked by the game.

Both those are better than what you proposed since it doesn’t drag the pre-match for 30-40 additional seconds when adding second voting/random number and all those gimmick. Why make something that complicated when it can be easy.

> Or when a tie occur:
>
> 1) the game pick a map and deal with it
>
> 2) you have 50% chance that the map you selected will be randomly picked by the game.
>
>
>
> Both those are better than what you proposed since it doesn’t drag the pre-match for 30-40 additional seconds when adding second voting/random number and all those gimmick. Why make something that complicated when it can be easy.

I like the 50-50 thing better, but I do agree with OP’s frustration with AR’s being the top and if a team wants AR’s nothing is going to stop them :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean im fine with a little AR action every once in a while but… sheesh

Did you ever think that the voting options themselves are randomly generated?

There’s no need to add another random generator to map selection; it’s already there.

Dumb!

I just want the veto system back. It was much quicker and cleaner.

> > Or when a tie occur:
> >
> > 1) the game pick a map and deal with it
> >
> > 2) you have 50% chance that the map you selected will be randomly picked by the game.
> >
> >
> >
> > Both those are better than what you proposed since it doesn’t drag the pre-match for 30-40 additional seconds when adding second voting/random number and all those gimmick. Why make something that complicated when it can be easy.
>
> I like the 50-50 thing better, but I do agree with OP’s frustration with AR’s being the top and if a team wants AR’s nothing is going to stop them :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I mean im fine with a little AR action every once in a while but… sheesh

It’s not even just that. It’s that 1 team may not like ANY of the 3 options, so they pick the bottom. We want the middle option, so it’s a tie (5/5) for the 2nd and 3rd options. Ours would win, but oh no! DMR Starts! So they ALL switch to the TOP option and now their option wins soley because it’s above ours. Not fair.

I think my 1st option is the most fair because it’s what you said, the server will randomly generate a game and map on ties to solve it. There’s is literally only milliseconds of extra time taken to do that. Not even noticeable.

The 2nd option is just there for giggles and would only take an additional 6 seconds to determine the outcome of a tie. Not an additional 30 seconds like you stated. That’s by far being exaggerated.

> Did you ever think that the voting options themselves are randomly generated?
>
> There’s no need to add another random generator to map selection; it’s already there.

Voting is only there for people who want to play different things. The more options the better. However, people don’t agree on things all the time. That’s why something needs changed to force the game to decide ties better than how it currently handles it.

We COULD go back to H3’s voting, then everyone would complain about how we don’t have enough choices. Or Halo 2 where there is no choice.

> > Or when a tie occur:
> >
> > 1) the game pick a map and deal with it
> >
> > 2) you have 50% chance that the map you selected will be randomly picked by the game.
> >
> >
> >
> > Both those are better than what you proposed since it doesn’t drag the pre-match for 30-40 additional seconds when adding second voting/random number and all those gimmick. Why make something that complicated when it can be easy.
>
> I like the 50-50 thing better, but I do agree with OP’s frustration with AR’s being the top and if a team wants AR’s nothing is going to stop them :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I mean im fine with a little AR action every once in a while but… sheesh

Or if FF Arcade is on the top (Which it always is…)

> Or when a tie occur:
>
> 1) the game pick a map and deal with it
>
> 2) you have 50% chance that the map you selected will be randomly picked by the game.
>
>
>
> Both those are better than what you proposed since it doesn’t drag the pre-match for 30-40 additional seconds when adding second voting/random number and all those gimmick. Why make something that complicated when it can be easy.

The 2nd option would be the best.

I think the best way would be if we had the option of filtering where you could choose what gametype and map you want to play with/on. Like a lighter version of the BF 3 system.

But that’s only my opinion :slight_smile:

> > > Or when a tie occur:
> > >
> > > 1) the game pick a map and deal with it
> > >
> > > 2) you have 50% chance that the map you selected will be randomly picked by the game.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Both those are better than what you proposed since it doesn’t drag the pre-match for 30-40 additional seconds when adding second voting/random number and all those gimmick. Why make something that complicated when it can be easy.
> >
> > I like the 50-50 thing better, but I do agree with OP’s frustration with AR’s being the top and if a team wants AR’s nothing is going to stop them :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > I mean im fine with a little AR action every once in a while but… sheesh
>
> Or if FF Arcade is on the top (Which it always is…)

When 343i wants to push a gametype they put it on top. Remember the TU/Non-TU debacle?

The game at the top should be random, if for no other reason than the company doesn’t get to decide which gametype is most popular.

I think it’s fine. If it becomes too complex, things will get worse. There’s no need for a hassle just to play one game.

I like the first one.

Bring back the Halo 3 veto system. In Reach everyone voted for the same maps again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again…

Don’t believe me? 9/10 games in infection were either Asylum or Cage.

ROCK PAPER SCISSORS for it!! Or maybe draw a card? or MAYBE play bingo for it? OO OO OO Maybe even hide and seek.

In all seriousness though. your second option is a bit ridiculous. Your first option seems a bit more logical. Yet the randomization factors can be a bit much at times. Id say go back to halo 2 days and just get stuck with whatever map you get. The only thing is it was easier back then because there were no gametypes that differed from starting weapon. Only map default differences. So people will obviously complain, then again dont they always?

I say take it back old school. No BR Slayer or DMR Slayer or any starting weapon gametype and make the map default the starting for every game and just grab a map at random. You can complain but you can only complain so much. You cant yell at your teammates for picking a map you dont like then raging and betraying. You cant cry about how you hate AR’s and now you have to find a BR/DMR.

Well with Halo 4 classes i dont think thats a problem. You can choose whatever weapon you want to start with and go from there. So i say no voting or vetoing. Just one random map and everyone should be content.

I’d go for Number 1, same system is used in Gears of war (at least Horde/beast) and works flawlessly. Either you get a map you’d like, or not, but if it’s a tie it’s a tie and the game decides. Funny thing, it often picks good maps :slight_smile:
Number 2 is slow and random, people can be AFK or choose the same number, or manipulate the system using some exploit, we all know it would happen. Better to let the game decide and let injustice rule equally in a tie, then give one random the power of the despot!

I just want the Reach voting system, just Tweak it so once your vote is cast you can’t change it at the last second.

> I just want the Reach voting system, just Tweak it so once your vote is cast you can’t change it at the last second.

You should also hide the number of votes for each option. When a player sees that his/her option is losing they generally go for their second pick or just pick the winning vote for the sake of being the majority.

Map/gametype
Map 2/gametype 2
Map 3/gametype 3
Random

If:

[ 4 ] Map/gametype
[ 4 ] Map 2/gametype 2
[ 0 ] Map 3/gametype 3
[ 0 ] Random

Than (when coutdown expires)this situation is forced:

[ 0 ] Map/gametype
[ 0 ] Map 2/gametype 2
[ 0 ] Map 3/gametype 3
[ 8 ] Random

Problem solved.

Different maps will be played, different gametypes will be played and the top option doesn’t win.