New Voting System Idea

Would you guys like this kind of voting system for Matchmaking? Answer yes or no in the poll, and explain why if you need to.

What if you had to chose the game type and map separately?

You’re first offered the game type choice. (Or Map) This could include 4 or so options like AR Slayer, BR Slayer, Elite Slayer, or whatever.

When the game type (Or Map) has been chosen, you have to chose the Map. (Or Game type)

It’s not a CRAZY idea but what do you guys think?

There is no poll?

Honestly i’d rather have the Veto system back as with voting it’s highly likely the same maps will be picked several times in a row and that my friend is boring.

Variety is the spice of life, i’d rather the game pick what we are playing and say (taking the new word for ‘Adapt’ from the pro-bad change’s crowd) ‘Deal with it!’.

Before all else they need to fix the “flash-drive pull auto-restart vote” thing that I get at least 5 times per Halo session. It really annoys me.

I think some whole new kind of system needs to be implemented, including a random option for when 2+ choices get the same amount of votes, and not always going with the top one.

I like reach’s over 3’s system, but there really could be an even better one.

I guess it would be fine.

Honestly, I would rather have the Halo 2 style and have the game pick the type for us. If not that, then the vetoing option.

i want the h2 system where you play what it gives you, no vetoing or voting

> Honestly, I would rather have the Halo 2 style and have the game pick the type for us. If not that, then the vetoing option.

Vetoing was a horrible system. For a start, it loaded the map before asking players if they wanted it. Then it asked you whether or not you wanted to play this map or another map/gametype, without telling you what the other game was. Illogical on so many fronts.

Reach’s voting system, with no “none of the above” and a weighted selection system to avoid the same map always coming up, would be perfect.

That’s even more choice than Reach’s system, which is the opposite of what is needed.

I made a thread about this and people largely agreed: less choice in Matchmaking is good because then the most popular gametypes and maps are not played ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I love Headhunter, but I can never play it when with my friends because none of them likes it. The same goes for some community-made Forge World variants on which I have never played a game.

I don’t like this idea just because certain maps will never get played. That’s fine if it’s a bad map, but attaching gametypes to the maps in one vote makes certain maps get played when they otherwise wouldn’t be selected if you were voting on just a map.

I’d like the Reach system back, but instead of the top gametype/map being selected in a tie, it would be randomly selected in a tie.

Some people seem to like the veto system, while other’s seem to like the vote system. My suggestion is to use both by also giving us more choices then what Reach gave us.

3 map choices, 1 being random
3 game type choices, 1 being random

9 different combination choices with 5 being a combination of randomness.

Map 1 - Game type 1
Map 1 - Game type 2
Map 1 - Random Game type

Map 2 - Game type 1
Map 2 - Game type 2
Map 2 - Random Game type

Random Map - Game type 1
Random Map - Game type 2
Random Map - Random Game Type

Now I would also put some rules in place such as:

1. In pregame lobby you can only talk to your teammates. This does a couple of things. It gets rid of the trash talk before the game even starts. Also allows you to talk to your team and see what they want to vote for.

2. Can only see what your team votes for. This adds a bit more randomness to the voting system as you don’t know what the other team is voting for.

3. Make voting for map and game type happen at the same time so it doesn’t take more time to get in the game.

4. In case of a tie, the tie doesn’t always go to the top map or game type. If there is a tie make the system randomly choose which one is choose.

> Some people seem to like the veto system, while other’s seem to like the vote system. My suggestion is to use both by also giving us more choices then what Reach gave us.
>
> 3 map choices, 1 being random
> 3 game type choices, 1 being random
>
> 9 different combination choices with 5 being a combination of randomness.
>
> Map 1 - Game type 1
> Map 1 - Game type 2
> Map 1 - Random Game type
>
> Map 2 - Game type 1
> Map 2 - Game type 2
> Map 2 - Random Game type
>
> Random Map - Game type 1
> Random Map - Game type 2
> Random Map - Random Game Type
>
>
> Now I would also put some rules in place such as:
>
> 1. In pregame lobby you can only talk to your teammates. This does a couple of things. It gets rid of the trash talk before the game even starts. Also allows you to talk to your team and see what they want to vote for.
>
> 2. Can only see what your team votes for. This adds a bit more randomness to the voting system as you don’t know what the other team is voting for.
>
> 3. Make voting for map and game type happen at the same time so it doesn’t take more time to get in the game.
>
> 4. In case of a tie, the tie doesn’t always go to the top map or game type. If there is a tie make the system randomly choose which one is choose.

I’d be okay with this system, except for the voice part. I enjoy talking to the other team, and occasionally, a little bit of sporting trash-talk is a tad fun. :wink: I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. You can always go into games with global mute on, or maybe add an option to mute the opposing team in all MM lobbies.

Great idea, but add the poll already :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnt ad a poll if i were you, they would move it to the voting booth forum.

But i think we need a combination of halo 3’s and reach system.

In reach everyone votes the same thing and theres not enough variety.

In reply to the second post in this thread: the veto system was horrible. First, you’d wait five minutes for a lame gametype to load, only to veto it and be stuck with an even lamer gametype.

to the OP:
That’s actually an epic idea! Although some gametypes are not compatible with some maps, in the case of objective gametypes. Though Reach’s system is fine the way it is imho. It can be tweaked so that the most fun gametype and map combinations get the highest percentage of appearing.

343i should do a lot more ‘decide the future of Team slayer’ esque polls, without us knowing they are taken place.