New vehicles

Not sure if mentioned before but if you go to the xbox website now and search for HW2 you can see new stuff for use with your Avatar.
Among those are some new vehicles:

1: Banished Chopper
2: UNSC Jackrabbit

Could it be the Brutes in HW2 are a former Covenant splinter faction much like the Storm? That would at least indicate why the focus is on Brutes so much and not on Elites, plus: why their gear looks different.

> 2674012278771805;1:
> Not sure if mentioned before but if you go to the xbox website now and search for HW2 you can see new stuff for use with your Avatar.
> Among those are some new vehicles:
>
> 1: Banished Chopper
> 2: UNSC Jackrabbit
>
> Could it be the Brutes in HW2 are a former Covenant splinter faction much like the Storm? That would at least indicate why the focus is on Brutes so much and not on Elites, plus: why their gear looks different.

The Covenant splinter faction isn’t actually called The Storm, just saying. “Storm” is a rank of soldier in the faction (Elite Storm), much like Major, Ultra, Zealot, etc. And Storm Rifle comes from the German word “Sturmgewehr” that means Assault, so Storm Rifle = Assault Rifle.

That being said, the Brutes in Halo Wars 2 definitely seem to be an offshot of the Covenant, especially due to their technology looking different than usual Covenant tech. I guess we’ll find out more today!

seems to me if this new chopper is called a banished chopper that the brute faction will be called the banished

> 2533274808386392;2:
> > 2674012278771805;1:
> > Not sure if mentioned before but if you go to the xbox website now and search for HW2 you can see new stuff for use with your Avatar.
> > Among those are some new vehicles:
> >
> > 1: Banished Chopper
> > 2: UNSC Jackrabbit
> >
> > Could it be the Brutes in HW2 are a former Covenant splinter faction much like the Storm? That would at least indicate why the focus is on Brutes so much and not on Elites, plus: why their gear looks different.
>
>
> The Covenant splinter faction isn’t actually called The Storm, just saying. “Storm” is a rank of soldier in the faction (Elite Storm), much like Major, Ultra, Zealot, etc. And Storm Rifle comes from the German word “Sturmgewehr” that means Assault, so Storm Rifle = Assault Rifle.
>
> That being said, the Brutes in Halo Wars 2 definitely seem to be an offshot of the Covenant, especially due to their technology looking different than usual Covenant tech. I guess we’ll find out more today!

Don’t need to tell a Dutchman the meaning of Sturmgewehr :wink: But you’re right, just didn’t had time to Google the official title of the group. Appearantly just Covenant Remnants by the way (which seems utterly odd to me, as the Covenant relied on a religious structure held together by the Prophets and without the Prophets there can be no Covenant…)

Anyway: looking forward to the big reveal in a few hours! :slight_smile:

> 2674012278771805;4:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > > 2674012278771805;1:
> > > Not sure if mentioned before but if you go to the xbox website now and search for HW2 you can see new stuff for use with your Avatar.
> > > Among those are some new vehicles:
> > >
> > > 1: Banished Chopper
> > > 2: UNSC Jackrabbit
> > >
> > > Could it be the Brutes in HW2 are a former Covenant splinter faction much like the Storm? That would at least indicate why the focus is on Brutes so much and not on Elites, plus: why their gear looks different.
> >
> >
> > The Covenant splinter faction isn’t actually called The Storm, just saying. “Storm” is a rank of soldier in the faction (Elite Storm), much like Major, Ultra, Zealot, etc. And Storm Rifle comes from the German word “Sturmgewehr” that means Assault, so Storm Rifle = Assault Rifle.
> >
> > That being said, the Brutes in Halo Wars 2 definitely seem to be an offshot of the Covenant, especially due to their technology looking different than usual Covenant tech. I guess we’ll find out more today!
>
>
> Don’t need to tell a Dutchman the meaning of Sturmgewehr :wink: But you’re right, just didn’t had time to Google the official title of the group. Appearantly just Covenant Remnants by the way (which seems utterly odd to me, as the Covenant relied on a religious structure held together by the Prophets and without the Prophets there can be no Covenant…)
>
> Anyway: looking forward to the big reveal in a few hours! :slight_smile:

Same here! :smiley: I can’t wait to get my hands on the beta and be completely irresponsible this week towards all of the other stuff I should do!