New Vehicle Speculation

So we know alot about the new weapons that were displayed through E3, RTX, PAX, and other such events throughout the summer. They even went into the armor abilities and showed them off, which, to me, is not that bad. What concerns me is how little to nothing we know about new or returning vehicles besides the staple vehicles we have known since Combat Evolved.

We know that there are a good number of existing vehicles so far in the Halo universe that have’nt put into the shooter iteration of the game via Halo Wars. Any number of them would be a very cool addition to the game in its own way. So lets take a look at the candidates so far (This does not include the Scorpion and Hornet upgrades:

Wolverine: Pretty much a reskinned rocket hog with more speed and maneauverability due to the treads replacing the rear wheels.

Cobra: Again, another reskin, but this time of the gauss hog. However, it would sport a pair of less powerful railguns that acts like a faster variation of the shade turret, but when put into its lockdown mode, fires rounds that could put a scorpion to shame.

Cyclops Mk1: Like the large one in the game that is a Mk2 variant, the Mk1 is a far smaller, less powerful unit meant more for melee combat and vehicle repair. I could see something like the heavy machine gun turret being grasped and handled as a weapon, but otherwise, not much in the armor department unless there are more heavy weapons like the missile pod and flamethrower again.

Vulture: I don’t know how they can put this into the game without making it overpowered, but its still nice if we could pilot this beast. Maybe having different weapon controls available the more people that ride it, and have very slow maneuverability due to the combined weight of the pilots.

Gremlin. For those moments that you don’t want vehicles to be active. Anytime this vehicle is ridden, it can fire a pulse in any given direction. Direct contact to either soldiers or vehicles from this blast will strip them of energy and power. Meaning no Shields and diabled vehicles.

Locust: The only vehicle from HW worth of H4’s time. A vehicle that has a very frail body, but in fact, has a shielding system, it can climb up a steep precipice and use its mining drill( Much like a focus rifle) to decimate targets from a distance.

Firstly: I don’t think you know the difference between “speculation” and “things I want to see from other games”.

Secondly: I don’t think you know what “reskinned” means. Reskinning is just making a new texture. Much like the snow-hog variant in Halo 3’s Avalanche. All of these would require separate 3D models, made as well as their own animations, sound effects, physics, explosion models, and a smattering of others.

Unfortunately I doubt you will be seeing anything from Halo Wars.

> Firstly: <mark>I don’t think you know the difference between “speculation” and “things I want to see from other games”</mark>.
>
> Secondly: I don’t think you know what “reskinned” means. Reskinning is just making a new texture. Much like the snow-hog variant in Halo 3’s Avalanche. All of these would require separate 3D models, made as well as their own animations, sound effects, physics, explosion models, and a smattering of others.
>
> Unfortunately I doubt you will be seeing anything from Halo Wars.

<mark>agreed</mark>

what they said ^

and you forgot Hawks