New Update

I thought today was going to be the day of the new update and some people say it is but when i went on halo 5 this morning i did not receive a notification that their was an update. I got m warzone req packs but no update. Can some one please tell me what day the new update is coming out because as i said earlier i thought it was today.

The update will land somewhere this week, but it hasn’t been specified exactly when. Patience! :smiley:

> 2533274874054915;2:
> The update will land somewhere this week, but it hasn’t been specified exactly when. Patience! :smiley:

Ok thanks :slight_smile: ( IM SO HYPED!!!)

i was hoping it would be today so i am waiting to open the REQ packs i earn for the update

There won’t be any prompt to update the game, the REQs, maps, and more will be added in behind the scenes. You might get a new message of the day for it but you don’t need to actually update the game to get the new stuff. This is how it will be for probably all of Halo 5’s updates, aside from maybe December with Forge.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> There won’t be any prompt to update the game, the REQs, maps, and more will be added in behind the scenes. You might get a new message of the day for it but you don’t need to actually update the game to get the new stuff. This is how it will be for probably all of Halo 5’s updates, aside from maybe December with Forge.

Ok i thought we would get a prompt to update like on the xbox 360

> 2535449389447310;6:
> > 2533274883849234;5:
> > There won’t be any prompt to update the game, the REQs, maps, and more will be added in behind the scenes. You might get a new message of the day for it but you don’t need to actually update the game to get the new stuff. This is how it will be for probably all of Halo 5’s updates, aside from maybe December with Forge.
>
>
> Ok i thought we would get a prompt to update like on the xbox 360

Nope, I can’t remember where it was from but someone from 343i was talking about how they could add stuff in on the fly so stuff like REQs and maps can join the roster at any time. A good trick for knowing when the update is out is checking your REQs on Waypoint since we currently have 175 helmets and armor but that’s going to increase by a few numbers once the update is out. Though there could be a delay between Waypoint’s update verus the game’s… guess this will be a good time to test that then

soon young padawan. Then we get btb :slight_smile:

welcome to 343i…they never tell you when they are gonna release anything until they release it!

Get ready for 4 BRAND NEW MULTIPLAYER EPIC BTB forge MAPS INCLUDING FAVORITES SUCH AS BLOOD GULCH AND LONGBOW!

I suppose 343 is going to tweet it once it’s released, so everyone knows it’s out.

I thought it was confirmed to be today sometime in the AM/noonish Pacific time?

> 2533274804597910;12:
> I thought it was confirmed to be today sometime in the AM/noonish Pacific time?

that is most likely…the did release the patches for MCC in the afternoon (3pm ish) PST.

Playlist adjustments, small weapon tweeks, and other small things can be done server side just like H4, but adding maps, forge and other big things i would think would be a download.

There is still going to be an update.
BTB is being packaged with an aim drag fix, which doesn’t just magickally happen.
Q.E.D. You still DL an update.

> 2533274883849234;7:
> > 2535449389447310;6:
> > > 2533274883849234;5:
> > > There won’t be any prompt to update the game, the REQs, maps, and more will be added in behind the scenes. You might get a new message of the day for it but you don’t need to actually update the game to get the new stuff. This is how it will be for probably all of Halo 5’s updates, aside from maybe December with Forge.
> >
> >
> > Ok i thought we would get a prompt to update like on the xbox 360
>
>
> Nope, I can’t remember where it was from but someone from 343i was talking about how they could add stuff in on the fly so stuff like REQs and maps can join the roster at any time. A good trick for knowing when the update is out is checking your REQs on Waypoint since we currently have 175 helmets and armor but that’s going to increase by a few numbers once the update is out. Though there could be a delay between Waypoint’s update verus the game’s… guess this will be a good time to test that then

Huh that’s interesting… So are we essentialy ‘streaming’ the new REQ items instead of downloading?