New to the game...

Hi, all! Well, my topic is a little bit off. I’ve owned Halo Wars since release, and I beat it, but now I am wanting to go back and play it. But I’ll admit, I’m a bit scared. I remember when I played through the campaign, my only real strategy was mass produce scorpions. I know that isn’t a good strategy at all, so I’m wondering if any of you have any tips. I want to play multiplayer, but I know I’m gonna be such a noob at it.

actually, mass scorps works pretty good actually, but you need to mix things up. like mass scorps with some wolverines to stop the enemy going air.

the best advice is start with forge, 4 heavy supply pads, 2 reactors, vehicle depo, tanks tanks tanks, tech 3 cannister shell, the rest is up to you.

Practice building up hordes of monolithic proportions as fast as possible in skirmish, work out a build order that works for you and try and come up with various harebrained schemes that few people will expect.

Forge can usually handle pretty much everything if you get the balance of units right, mainly tanks and AA. If you come up against masses of cobras or hunters you might need to reconsider.

Of course you need to see what the enemy is up to first before you set your plan in stone, but until then scorps are a good choice. Maybe put spartans in if you can afford it.

1st off: WELCOME!!

2nd: Scorpions are usually a good idea, but like the above post, mixing the units helps alot

advice, use Andres for the cheap upgrades, or forge if you need to hoard supplies,

another suggestion;

as much as the UNSC’s super units (ODST, Grizzly, Hawks) are indeed very powerful, they are expensive to get to, and therefore, are an unwise tactical decision.

instead of hoarding supplies or the Super-units, try using other strategies with different leaders

-like use forge to make an effective infantry army, with SPlaser Spartans, Fully upgraded Marines, and those cyclopes, so you can get an edge on buildings

or use, like I said, Anderes to make scorpions, They work EXTREAMLY well with those Gremlins.

another advantage to using different units besides being cheaper, is the fact that you can confuse your enemy,

usually, when a player sees that someone is playing as anderes, they pile up on Anti-air, or an anti-rush defense, but if you then come barging in with tanks, they’re Effed!

Something good that helps is to practice with covies.

They are harder to use because you half to figure out how to use their weaknesses and turn them into strengths.

After you figure out how to use covies the unsc becomes second nature

Also one suggestion
The one thing you never want to do is upgrade to grizzly’s
They are weaker then normal tanks and shoot a lot slower

^^That is true grizzles r sucky unless all you have is tanks and your going against cobras then upgrade them they will take less damage.

Thanks for the tips. I am gonna kick start the game when I get home from work today.

gooooooooooood

I wish you good luck.

> actually, mass scorps works pretty good actually, but you need to mix things up. like mass scorps with some wolverines to stop the enemy going air.
>
> the best advice is start with forge, 4 heavy supply pads, 2 reactors, vehicle depo, tanks tanks tanks, tech 3 cannister shell, the rest is up to you.

3 heavy’s followed by two reactors and vehicle will get tanks out faster… Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

> > actually, mass scorps works pretty good actually, but you need to mix things up. like mass scorps with some wolverines to stop the enemy going air.
> >
> > the best advice is start with forge, 4 heavy supply pads, 2 reactors, vehicle depo, tanks tanks tanks, tech 3 cannister shell, the rest is up to you.
>
> 3 heavy’s followed by two reactors and vehicle will get tanks out faster… Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

but 4 is standard and simple for new people. 2 heavies and 2 reactors will get tanks out even faster.

> > > actually, mass scorps works pretty good actually, but you need to mix things up. like mass scorps with some wolverines to stop the enemy going air.
> > >
> > > the best advice is start with forge, 4 heavy supply pads, 2 reactors, vehicle depo, tanks tanks tanks, tech 3 cannister shell, the rest is up to you.
> >
> > 3 heavy’s followed by two reactors and vehicle will get tanks out faster… Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> but 4 is standard and simple for new people. 2 heavies and 2 reactors will get tanks out even faster.

But then your economy is screwed. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > > actually, mass scorps works pretty good actually, but you need to mix things up. like mass scorps with some wolverines to stop the enemy going air.
> > > >
> > > > the best advice is start with forge, 4 heavy supply pads, 2 reactors, vehicle depo, tanks tanks tanks, tech 3 cannister shell, the rest is up to you.
> > >
> > > 3 heavy’s followed by two reactors and vehicle will get tanks out faster… Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > but 4 is standard and simple for new people. 2 heavies and 2 reactors will get tanks out even faster.
>
> But then your economy is screwed. :stuck_out_tongue:

but then you delete your reactor and build barracks for spartan and then rush.

you both are forgetting the essayist way to protect from leader powers.

Just play as cutter and plop and elephant into your bace.
dont believe me
LINK

> you both are forgetting the essayist way to protect from leader powers.
>
> Just play as cutter and plop and elephant into your bace.
> dont believe me
> LINK

bace?

> > you both are forgetting the essayist way to protect from leader powers.
> >
> > Just play as cutter and plop and elephant into your bace.
> > dont believe me
> > LINK
>
> bace?

base

Begin as UNSC Forge, he’s the easiest, you have your Super unit and two quality counters all from the same building.

Grizzlies are great, their health is ridiculous. While they will lose to Scorpions under perfect micro as their Canister Shell got nerfed, at pretty much any level below the top, they will both dominate Scorpions and be better all round due to the health buff. Though I wouldn’t go for the upgrade unless you’ve got money to burn.