New to Reach, should i get extra maps?

hey all - as my title asks, is it worth it now, given how long ago the game hit?

Inital impressions pretty awesome

Also, is there a way to download the classic map packs from Anniversary to this one? or would I have to buy it separately? How often do the map packs go on sale?

Thanks for the noob questions

don’t buy the DLC maps because 343 removed the DLC playlist .

Really? Doesn’t seem too smart of them!!! Holy cow!!!

The only way to play them is thru anniversary or IF everyone in a lobby also has the dlc ( which almost never happens )

Don’t buy them unless you feel like filling your friendliest with almost only DLC friends. I do it, I love my maps… But it’s a hassle. Really don’t suggest buying unless you really mean it.

But if you do play only with DLC owners, then you will be one happy DLC owner.

Thanks for the responses; I notice that Anniversary has a dedicated playlist and the game indicated 1500 people on that

May get that one and skip the others bases on the responses here.

Thanks!

> Thanks for the responses; I notice that Anniversary has a dedicated playlist and the game indicated 1500 people on that
>
> May get that one and skip the others bases on the responses here.
>
> Thanks!

I think the population counter has been broken on Halo: Reach since the release of Halo 4, so it’s probably not 1,500 people on there (Could be).

Nah, everyone’s runnin’ back to Reach because H4 was a sh** load of lies and failures. Starting ordnance isn’t random, it doesn’t go back to Halo’s roots, the score system hasn’t changed, personal ordnance is too capitalist for Halo (obviously), DMR has no bloom and is god, boltshot is a bit OP as a loadout makeshift shotgun, all kinds of snipers everywhere, bad playlists, can’t play as elites, perfect weps like grenade launcher gone, JIP has it’s issues, the campaign is decent but very lacking and all the AI is stupid as a rock… The list goes on and on!

And that’s why I’m here, on THIS forum. I’m pretty sure it’s easier to create the sticky detonator than the grenade launcher… GL was actually tactical, SD becomes OP with the explosives perk.

And by stupid AI I mean marines that can’t drive, and knights that patrol backwards into my combat knife. And yet they have beefed up snipers, shotguns, and rocket launchers, watchers that make them invincible even without the hardlight shield (tested) and pull away your grenades, warping etc. I beat the campaign solo legendary but it was really just poor and frustrating. Not too hard, but I got stuck on a knight with a binary rifle. He was sniping me across the map on the slow moving gondola oh god…

Unless they fix… basically the whole game, Halo 4 is looking at a title change.

Most anticipated game of 2012! > Most dissapointing game of 2012!

I still play Halo 4, and was playing Halo 3, except the matches there take forever to find, but Reach is still jammin’

Hope to see some of you online in Reach!!!

No, they even ruined the Anniversary playlist by taking out some of the gametypes.

Just buy Halo Anniversary itself! It’s a lot for $30: The original game ($20), the original game remade ($20) the Anniversary map pack ($15) 1 day of gold (huh, like $0.50) and if (by hope) you get an old copy, the Grunt Funeral skull (Grunts blow up like plasma grenades) and Master Chief armor for your avatar- Opps, sorry I went on like that, I just think it’s great :smiley:

<mark>Sorry</mark>