New to halo 5. Btb issues

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

So just getting into halo 5. Used to love halo 3 btb. Been trying to play btb in halo 5 and for some reason it will find 15/16 players almost every time but never find the 16th then it usually throws an error and kicks me back to menu. It’s happened probably 85% of the time. Super weird. Wondering if that’s a common thing with halo 5 to not be able to find a full game and play?
thanks.

Super common thing form my experience.
I don’t know what to do about it either - but I feel like some other forum users will likely chime in on this soon.

Gotcha glad to know I’m not the only one seeing it. It makes it tough because I’ve been playing for like an hour or two and only completed 2 games so far.

Yeah, the “15/16” issue is pretty common. Someone from 343i has commented on it in the past saying that it has to do with how players are found I believe.

It’s a known bug that’s been happening for a year now. Dr. Menke mentioned why it hasn’t been fixed below.

> So I might be wrong on this since it’s not my area, but I believe the issue with the lobby glitch is that in order to track it down, we would need to add additional logging to the client to see exactly what happens, which would mean another client patch and update.
>
> Doing a client update is a “big deal” the way H5 is structured, and would require engaging a large portion of the entire dev team, so is pretty much a non-starter.

> 2535415691022495;1:
>

Halo 5 system runs similar to its predecessors based off of minimum and maximum player count the game wants a full team in order to start the game. To be honest this feature should be changed for reasons such as this. But obviously that all depends how important the issue is and if the team has the time to attend to the matter.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274824050480;4:
> Yeah, the “15/16” issue is pretty common. Someone from 343i has commented on it in the past saying that it has to do with how players are found I believe
>
> The issue has been going on since the past halo games before halo 5 was released.

Yes, very common occurrence. Seems like it happens to me roughly 50% of the time.

Yes. Very common.

No. It will not be fixed.

Were stuck with this issue at least until infinite is done it seems.

That’s too bad.

I’d say its because of low H5 population. I’ve stopped trying to get Infection and BTB games a long time ago.

> 2535415887445552;11:
> I’ve stopped trying to get Infection and BTB games a long time ago.

I’m surprised you said Infection since that’s usually always a popular playlist.

I haven’t been having that problem for a few days

> 2535415887445552;11:
> I’d say its because of low H5 population. I’ve stopped trying to get Infection and BTB games a long time ago.

Low population doesn’t make sense because it always finds 15 players. Not 12 or 13 or 14. It’s literally always 15. So low population seems strange if it’s always missing only 1 player. Seems more likely that it is finding 16 players then glitches or something and drops somebody.

> 2535415691022495;14:
>

That’s a glitch, but BTB does have a low population. It’s being considered for a rotational playlist since BTB Super Fiesta is taking away the majority its players.

> 2535415691022495;1:
>

From what Im aware, BTB tries to place large groups against large groups and people that are playing solo, against others playing solo or close to it. So when 7 and 8 match up, the 1 spot won’t be filled due to the poor system decisions.
Im constantly playing BTB, and this happens all the time. I also HATE how they added BTB fiesta because it cut the BTB regular playlist down to nothing. I have to search in fiesta if I even want to play BTB. Another poor decision.

> 2533274798778494;16:
> I also HATE how they added BTB fiesta because it cut the BTB regular playlist down to nothing. I have to search in fiesta if I even want to play BTB. Another poor decision.

That’s not even the worst part. BTB will be going to a rotational playlist if the population doesn’t recover after the holidays and a refresh coming in the near future. Link. I’m boycotting the BTSF playlist.

> 2727626560040591;17:
> > 2533274798778494;16:
> > I also HATE how they added BTB fiesta because it cut the BTB regular playlist down to nothing. I have to search in fiesta if I even want to play BTB. Another poor decision.
>
> That’s not even the worst part. BTB will be going to a rotational playlist if the population doesn’t recover after the holidays and a refresh coming in the near future. Link. I’m boycotting the BTSF playlist.

That would be awful it’s the only playlist I play.

> 2535415691022495;1:
>

I used to get irritated by this because you pretty much have to sign out (if it let’s you) or quit and restart the game. Now what I do is just pick up my guitar, squeeze a stress ball, do a handstand against my door, etc while I wait to get sharpened for the match…which you will have to rejoin after it times out lol.