New things, things that should return, and things that should die

Return

-Dual Wielding(don’t make the wieldable weapons suck when alone)
-Awesome Aesthetics(good amount of light, amazingly beautiful Color)
-Equipment
-Sprint(as a default)

New Things

-Slide(sprint crouch)
-Weapon Attachment pickups on map(suppressors, flashlights, grips)
-Far Cry 2 Map Maker
-Weapon Creation in Forge
-Playable Brutes
-Cheat Codes(disables Achievements, get stuff like infinite health, 9000% Damage, flying, play as 343 GS, spawn any weapon/vehicle infront of you)

Stuff to Die

-Loadouts in MM(except in Invasion)
-AAs(should convert to once-use equipment)

Thoughts?

> Return
>
> -Dual Wielding(don’t make the wieldable weapons suck when alone)
> -Awesome Aesthetics(good amount of light, amazingly beautiful Color)
> -Equipment
> -Sprint(as a default)
>
> New Things
>
> <mark>-Slide(sprint crouch)</mark>
> <mark>-Weapon Attachment pickups on map(suppressors, flashlights, grips)</mark>
> <mark>-Far Cry 2 Map Maker</mark>
> <mark>-Weapon Creation in Forge</mark>
> <mark>-Playable Brutes</mark>
> <mark>-Cheat Codes(disables Achievements, get stuff like infinite health, 9000% Damage, flying, play as 343 GS, spawn any weapon/vehicle infront of you)</mark>
>
> Stuff to Die
>
> -Loadouts in MM(except in Invasion)
> -AAs(should convert to once-use equipment)
>
> Thoughts?

stuff i highlighted, no. just no no no no no. this is Halo.

I agree with the stuff to die, but i would also like to add something to that. Bloom, knives on the chest plate, visor colors (IMO) and the weird Reach spartan models. And no loadouts, JETPACKS should return but ONLY in custom games.

stuff that should return, i agree somewhat. i dont agree with the sprint, but if it was to return theyd need to fix it alot!! NOOO MOREE EXCESSIVE BREATHING! damn that was annoying in Reach lmaoo. i would also like to add Blood Gulch and Sidewinder remakes ;], Mark V (from CE) helmet, 1-50 ranking system, Halo 2 BR, Halo 2 voice masking (that was fun), MM maps with a blue base on one side and a red base on the other like from CE, and a better spartan color palette (like more colors)

I like what you want to return, but the new things you want are for other games, not Halo. Halo doesn’t need to be like CoD or Farcry, Halo is Halo, It has its own formula (Also, why in the world would you want cheat codes, thats just stupid).

> -Sprint(as a default)
> -Slide(sprint crouch)
> -Weapon Attachment pickups on map(suppressors, flashlights, grips)
> -Playable Brutes
> -Cheat Codes(disables Achievements, get stuff like infinite health, 9000% Damage, flying, play as 343 GS, spawn any weapon/vehicle infront of you)

To be honest, these are what I found myself disagreeing with. Sprint is a redundant ability that only harms the game. All the positive effects of sprint could be achieved with a right movement speed without having to deal with negative effects of the ability. Weapon attatchements simply aren’t Halo. Not only having them would be completely redundant, but I really don’t find any purpose for littering them around the map.

Brute player models simply don’t make sense. Whereas Elites can somehow fit into matchmaking, although with serious changes to their shape, Brutes simply don’t work. And in the end, I really doubt we’ll ever see Brutes in Halo 4. And honestly, I won’t miss them. They’re the only characters I have hated for some other reason than being annoying to fight.

Cheat codes, something that doesn’t really fit to modern games, especially not FPS games. You can do all of those things you mentioned about cheat codes in Forge and custom games, and I see no reason for being able to do them outside of those two places.

> Return
>
> -Dual Wielding(don’t make the wieldable weapons suck when alone)
> -Awesome Aesthetics(good amount of light, amazingly beautiful Color)
> -Equipment
> -Sprint(as a default)
>
> New Things
>
> -Slide(sprint crouch)
> -Weapon Attachment pickups on map(suppressors, flashlights, grips)
> -Far Cry 2 Map Maker
> -Weapon Creation in Forge
> -Playable Brutes
> -Cheat Codes(disables Achievements, get stuff like infinite health, 9000% Damage, flying, play as 343 GS, spawn any weapon/vehicle infront of you)
>
> Stuff to Die
>
> -Loadouts in MM(except in Invasion)
> -AAs(should convert to once-use equipment)
>
>
> Thoughts?

Sprint is bad. There is no way around it. if someone tell me a good argument defending it beside the usual “Spartans are suppose to run at 60 miles per hour.” Or “Sprint is realistic.” Then I will consider changing my mind.

i also posted this on my thread. i dont mean to spam if i am, im just sharing my ideas :

some Do’s for Halo 4:

1)Remake Halo CE-3’s fan favorite maps. Specifically Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, maybe a beaver creek. they should start to make polls for Halo 4s DLC.
2)In Forge, allow us to change the weather and time of day. it would be cool to have a map in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm, or in the middle of a blizzard. or during the sunset, thatd be kick -Yoink-
3)Make the MM more like halo 2’s
4)Weapon Lowering for more RvB ;D plus they should make it easier to do and able to do online
5)Bring back Mark V helmet, but one that looks like Halo CE’s not like Reach’s or 3s
6)Put overshields and invisibility back on the maps
7)Bots in custom games and forge, Plus letting us choose from any AI and set weapons and difficulty.
8}if there are AA’s, make them forge and custom games ONLY, but not in MM
9)Bring back halo 2\3 spartan models and spartan color pallet, or atleast they should have fresh new models and an expanded color pallet.
10) BRING BACK VOICE MASKING FROM HALO 2 so now maybe squeakers could use it so there voices aren’t so they don’t get hate just from speaking.
11} 1-50 ranking system
12} More DLC’s
13)Undo option in forge
14)BLOOD GULCH REMAKE!!! ( Halo CE’s dirt ridden one ) and Sidewinder remake !!!
15)Halo 2’s BR and SMG, Halo CE’s Pistol and AR. Unless the DMR needed to return, then the BR and DMR should have a hybrid, kinda like the Halo 2 E3 2004 demo BR. -Yoink!- lmao
16)More CE like maps, when the blue base was on one side of the map, and the red base was on the other side. those games where alot more fun to play.
17) Search Engines for Custom Games/Forge would be really cool, I think 343i should have public list of current custom games, not a matchmaking. Sort of how Halo PC had it’s multiplayer if you guys know what i mean.
18)Bring Back 4 of each grenade like in CE and 2. bring back the flame grenades too, those were fun to mess around with in Custom games and forge, just nerf them a bit
19)Destructive Environments to an extent, like if a grenade hits a tree the tree would fall down or in waterworks from halo 2 if u shot one of the rocks hanging from the top of the cave, it would fall down. that would be cool too

some Donts:

1)NO BLOOM, just non of thatt
2)NO REAL EXTENSIVE CUSTOMIZATION, like vehicle and weapon customization. thatll make it too much like COD
3)NO AA’s EXCEPT SPRINT, but no more heavy breathing. it was really obnoxious and annoying. and even if they dont bring sprint, id be ok
4)No REACH REMAKE, ewwww
5)No forgemade MM maps except in a community playlists.
6}NO REACH REMAKE!!! make it like Halo CE-3. 343 will bring ALOOOOT of players back to halo, like me. im playing Halo CE and 2 on the PC and halo 3 on xbox and reach was in my garbage 8 months ago
7)NO MORE CREDITS OR BUYING ARMOUR. you should have to unlock armour as you level up
8) No more assassination animations, going back to the original beat down to the back assassination IMO is alot better, or atleast make it optional
9)Take the knife off of the spartans chest plate(i didnt see it on the toys so i dont know if itll be back but i didnt like it, it made it Halo more like COD)
10)NO CAMO’s FOR GUNS
11)NO VISOR COLORS AGAIN, just leave it gold like in the original

any thoughts anybody?

> Return
>
> -Dual Wielding(don’t make the wieldable weapons suck when alone)
> -Awesome Aesthetics(good amount of light, amazingly beautiful Color)
> -Equipment
> -Sprint(as a default)
>
> New Things
>
> -Slide(sprint crouch)
> -Weapon Attachment pickups on map(suppressors, flashlights, grips)
> -Far Cry 2 Map Maker
> -Weapon Creation in Forge
> -Playable Brutes
> -Cheat Codes(disables Achievements, get stuff like infinite health, 9000% Damage, flying, play as 343 GS, spawn any weapon/vehicle infront of you)
>
> Stuff to Die
>
> -Loadouts in MM(except in Invasion)
> -AAs(should convert to once-use equipment)
>
> Thoughts?

yes:
-Dual Wielding(don’t make the wieldable weapons suck when alone)
-Awesome Aesthetics(good amount of light, amazingly beautiful colour)
-Equipment
-Sprint(as a default)
-Slide(sprint crouch)
-Playable Brutes
-Loadouts in MM - Nothing wrong with loadouts.

No:
-Weapon Attachment pickups on map(suppressors, flashlights, grips) - Not CoD.
-Far Cry 2 Map Maker - Map editor yes, not far cry’s one though.
-Weapon Creation in Forge - No. just no.
-Cheat Codes - Halo doesn’t need cheats.
-AAs - AA’s were for reach. Equipment followed Halo 3.

I want a rifle that can 1 shot kill from across the map to any part of the body. Oh wait im describing every COD ever made. JK

But really I want the BR back. I also want the graphics to be more in line with Halo 3. They should have armor abilities but only in custom games and maybe a specific playlist.

> i also posted this on my thread. i dont mean to spam if i am, im just sharing my ideas :
>
>
>
> some Do’s for Halo 4:
>
> 1)Remake Halo CE-3’s fan favorite maps. Specifically Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, maybe a beaver creek. they should start to make polls for Halo 4s DLC.
> 2)In Forge, allow us to change the weather and time of day. it would be cool to have a map in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm, or in the middle of a blizzard. or during the sunset, thatd be kick -Yoink!-
> 3)Make the MM more like halo 2’s
> 4)Weapon Lowering for more RvB ;D plus they should make it easier to do and able to do online
> 5)Bring back Mark V helmet, but one that looks like Halo CE’s not like Reach’s or 3s
> 6)Put overshields and invisibility back on the maps
> 7)Bots in custom games and forge, Plus letting us choose from any AI and set weapons and difficulty.
> 8}if there are AA’s, make them forge and custom games ONLY, but not in MM
> 9)Bring back halo 2\3 spartan models and spartan color pallet, or atleast they should have fresh new models and an expanded color pallet.
> 10) BRING BACK VOICE MASKING FROM HALO 2 so now maybe squeakers could use it so there voices aren’t so they don’t get hate just from speaking.
> 11} 1-50 ranking system
> 12} More DLC’s
> 13)Undo option in forge
> 14)BLOOD GULCH REMAKE!!! ( Halo CE’s dirt ridden one ) and Sidewinder remake !!!
> 15)Halo 2’s BR and SMG, Halo CE’s Pistol and AR. Unless the DMR needed to return, then the BR and DMR should have a hybrid, kinda like the Halo 2 E3 2004 demo BR. -Yoink!- lmao
> 16)More CE like maps, when the blue base was on one side of the map, and the red base was on the other side. those games where alot more fun to play.
> 17) Search Engines for Custom Games/Forge would be really cool, I think 343i should have public list of current custom games, not a matchmaking. Sort of how Halo PC had it’s multiplayer if you guys know what i mean.
> 18)Bring Back 4 of each grenade like in CE and 2. bring back the flame grenades too, those were fun to mess around with in Custom games and forge, just nerf them a bit
> 19)Destructive Environments to an extent, like if a grenade hits a tree the tree would fall down or in waterworks from halo 2 if u shot one of the rocks hanging from the top of the cave, it would fall down. that would be cool too
>
>
> some Donts:
>
> 1)NO BLOOM, just non of thatt
> 2)NO REAL EXTENSIVE CUSTOMIZATION, like vehicle and weapon customization. thatll make it too much like COD
> 3)NO AA’s EXCEPT SPRINT, but no more heavy breathing. it was really obnoxious and annoying. and even if they dont bring sprint, id be ok
> 4)No REACH REMAKE, ewwww
> 5)No forgemade MM maps except in a community playlists.
> 6}NO REACH REMAKE!!! make it like Halo CE-3. 343 will bring ALOOOOT of players back to halo, like me. im playing Halo CE and 2 on the PC and halo 3 on xbox and reach was in my garbage 8 months ago
> 7)NO MORE CREDITS OR BUYING ARMOUR. you should have to unlock armour as you level up
> 8) No more assassination animations, going back to the original beat down to the back assassination IMO is alot better, or atleast make it optional
> 9)Take the knife off of the spartans chest plate(i didnt see it on the toys so i dont know if itll be back but i didnt like it, it made it Halo more like COD)
> 10)NO CAMO’s FOR GUNS
> 11)NO VISOR COLORS AGAIN, just leave it gold like in the original
>
> any thoughts anybody?

The DO’s from 1-8 are EXACTLY what I want.

I’m pretty sure he’s just making this thread to make people angry guys.

> > <mark>-Far Cry 2 Map Maker</mark>
>
> stuff i highlighted, no. just no no no no no. this is Halo

I don’t see what’s wrong with wanting a Far Cry 2 map editor. It had a lot of amazing features and was probably the best map editor for consoles that I have used. The ability to snap objects in position, copy/paste, undo, weld objects together, change weather and the time, edit the terrain and water elevation coupled with hundreds of objects to edit onto your map was amazing. Granted it doesn’t need to be as in-depth as that, it could still borrow some features to help improve upon forge.