NEW Surprise Playlist Update! *a wish list*

Playlists to be changed:

Edit: Before reading this please understand the difference between Throwdown (the competitive playlist already in MM) and Throwback (the new AR/magnum start playlist, with no AA and PO, but still has radar and JIP and is a social slayer)

Infinity slayer:
Infinity slayer will be replaced with Team Slayer and include the gametypes: Infinity Slayer, Team Regicide, Team Throwback, and Team Slayer. Team Throwback will be AR and magnum starts with no PO or AA and weapon spawns similar to Throwdown. Teams Slayer will be the same as Infinity Slayer but with no PO.

Big Team:
Big Team will now include Big Team CTF and Big Team Throwback. Big Team Slayer will now replace all loudout grenade types with frag grenades and all secondary weapons with magnums. The same will be true for the objective gametypes in Big Team.

Dominion:
Dominion will be replaced with Territories. It will include Dominion and Extraction.

CTF:
1 Flag will be added.

Team Objective:
Team Regicide will be replaced with 1 Site Extraction.

Finally the new playlist will be Action Sack! no spoilers on the gametypes, though prepare for some craziness. It will be especially crazy because it will be Multi-team!

For those of us, who feel like 343 isn’t hearing us, wouldn’t this be a welcome surprise? Even just a small part of it? I hope you are reading 343 because this would make a lot of players happy and would renew our faith that you are listening. Honestly if this happens within the next few weeks, it would restore my faith that 343 wants to have community input and is willing to go through with more. PLEAS 343! I want to believe!

Edit: Forcing all casual players to play Infinity Slayer is totalitarian, not adding options for other play styles. There are people that want to play a balanced social Slayer gametype. Saying “That’s not fair, because then everyone won’t be forced to play exactly how I want to’” is not constructive criticism and is a self defeating argument.

I was grinning ear to ear until the last paragraph…

Big Team Throwback ? - NEVER. I dont like your idea

Infinity slayer: Team Throwback ? NO !!!

Sorry but I play for fun.
I dont want to be forced to play with
this super pro ultra mega Die Hard expert competitive gaymers that quit a game after one dead.

Just no !!!

The other ideas are ok…want Action sack, too.

  1. The title is misleading.

  2. I don’t like most of the changes you would like too see.

> Big Team Slayer will now replace all loadout grenade types with frag grenades and all secondary weapons with magnums.

But… wait… they can’t do that!

Vehicles would then last more than 10 seconds before being destroyed…

Change whatever you want but leave Big Team the way it is right now!

> Big Team Throwback ? - NEVER. I dont like your idea
>
> Infinity slayer: Team Throwback ? NO !!!
>
> Sorry but I play for fun.
> I dont want to be forced to play with
> this super pro ultra mega Die Hard expert competitive gaymers that quit a game after one dead.
>
> Just no !!!
>
> The other ideas are ok…want Action sack, too.

ThrowDOWN is the competitive playlist. Every other halo has had preset starts so ThrowBACK isn’t competitive it’s just retro and balanced. I don’t always want to play a super competitive playlist either, but that doesn’t mean the only other choice I should have is Infinity Slayer. I’m not proposing replacing what you like with what I like, I’m proposing making it an option between the two. There would still be two options that have custom loadouts and one with PO. They could even always have them in the same order, putting throwback last so it would always need more votes to win. I just want the OPTION to play a way I would like. I’m not forcing you to play my way, but I shouldn’t always have to play your way either.

> 1) The title is misleading.
>
> 2) I don’t like most of the changes you would like too see.

I’m just adding options, not taking anything away. Halo 4 is losing players fast, so although you might like playing the same thing over and over it’s obvious that many others do not. And really? MOST of the changes? Which ones? I can understand being hesitant about throwback, because we are all so used to playing halo with our own personal crutches now, me included. But other than thowback I am just adding some more variables that would make A LOT of people happy. Adding extraction to MM for example. Also giving CTF some variety with 1 Flag, while still maintaining it as a CTF exclusive playlist. These are not major game altering changes. Especially adding Action Sack/Multi-team. BTB is the only other major change really, and every other halo has had a combination of slayer and objective in BTB so it’s not even revolutionary. On top of that there is a major following to get it into matchmaking. Either way, this is just sort of a wish list. Say what you don’t like about it specifically, because then it will be constructive input. Like I said in the OP, all of this would be great from my perspective, but I’m realistic in that I will probably only get some of it.

Halo used to have a community that appreciated variety. if that is no longer the case, maybe my problem isn’t with the developers not hearing, but with a community that has devolved to liking more stagnant less balanced gameplay. I hope I’m wrong.

> > 1) The title is misleading.
> >
> > 2) I don’t like most of the changes you would like too see.
>
> I’m just adding options, not taking anything away. Halo 4 is losing players fast, so although you might like playing the same thing over and over it’s obvious that many others do not. And really? MOST of the changes? Which ones? I can understand being hesitant about throwback, because we are all so used to playing halo with our own personal crutches now, me included. But other than thowback I am just adding some more variables that would make A LOT of people happy. Adding extraction to MM for example. Also giving CTF some variety with 1 Flag, while still maintaining it as a CTF exclusive playlist. These are not major game alerting changes. Especially adding Action Sack/Multi-team. BTB is the only other major change really, and every other halo has had a combination of slayer and objective in BTB so it’s not even revolutionary. On top of that there is a major following to get it into matchmaking. Either way, this is just sort of a wish list. Say what you don’t like about it specifically, because then it will be constructive input. Like I said in the OP, all of this would be great from my perspective, but I’m realistic in that I will probably only get some of it.
>
> Halo used to have a community that appreciated variety. if that is no longer the case, maybe my problem isn’t with the developers not hearing, but with a community that has devolved to liking more stagnant less balanced gameplay. I hope I’m wrong.

but you are taking stuff away.

lumping all the slayers into 1 playlist is forcing people to play in ways that they do not want to. I’ve yet to play in team throwback, and I have no interest in playing in that game type. I do not want to be forced to play halo short handed because people quit out and JiP is off, I do not want to be forced to play with the BR, a weapon I’ve never liked.

you are trying to cram all the game types into a limited play list in hopes of forcing more people to play together and I think this will do more harm than good. I probably wouldn’t play slayer anymore if I was forced into a watching people vote for throwback when I have no interest in playing it.

> I was grinning ear to ear until the last paragraph…

That’s what I’m saying…

get your friends to support this thread! Even if there are a couple things people don’t like, if all the smaller communities that want their additions to MM stick together we can get something if not everything accomplished.

Even if we never get a Throwback gametype, I think all the other changes will improve the longevity of the game.

> > I was grinning ear to ear until the last paragraph…
>
> That’s what I’m saying…
>
> get your friends to support this thread! Even if there are a couple things people don’t like, if all the smaller communities that want their additions to MM stick together we can get something if not everything accomplished.
>
> Even if we never get a Throwback gametype, I think all the other changes will improve the longevity of the game.

those changes would decrease the longevity for me.

you have a team throwback playlist… go enjoy it and quit trying to force others to play your way.

action sack?
heck yes.

Its Team Throwdown! Not Throwback!

> > > I was grinning ear to ear until the last paragraph…
> >
> > That’s what I’m saying…
> >
> > get your friends to support this thread! Even if there are a couple things people don’t like, if all the smaller communities that want their additions to MM stick together we can get something if not everything accomplished.
> >
> > Even if we never get a Throwback gametype, I think all the other changes will improve the longevity of the game.
>
> those changes would decrease the longevity for me.
>
> you have a team throwback playlist… go enjoy it and quit trying to force others to play your way.

Funny how Halo thrived so well with mixed playlists before. Leisure games like Swords and Infection were even thrown in the mix. The only issue I see with variety in the playlists is the voting system. The old veto function kept different maps and modes going, while now the most popular map/mode is usually the top choice by the lobby, ending the variety.

Halo’s audience has changed, and sadly you can’t please everybody.

> but you are taking stuff away.
>
> lumping all the slayers into 1 playlist is forcing people to play in ways that they do not want to. I’ve yet to play in team throwback, and I have no interest in playing in that game type. I do not want to be forced to play halo short handed because people quit out and JiP is off, I do not want to be forced to play with the BR, a weapon I’ve never liked.
>
> you are trying to cram all the game types into a limited play list in hopes of forcing more people to play together and I think this will do more harm than good. I probably wouldn’t play slayer anymore if I was forced into a watching people vote for throwback when I have no interest in playing it.

You are misreading the OP. Throwback is new to this thread. ThrowDOWN is the competitive playlist. NO ONE HAS PLAYED TEAM THROWBACK. It has yet to exist. JIP will not be changed in social slayer. I SAID AR NOT BR. And if you don’t like it you can pick up another gun on the map.

I already don’t play slayer anymore because it IS ONE GAMETYPE. You are being more obtuse than I am, I promise. You are saying it that I have to play Infinity slayer because it’s what you like. I HATE INFINITY SLAYER. All I want is the OPTION. You say you would rage quit over something you don’t like having the option to get voted on. I DON’T EVEN HAVE A CHOICE TO BEGIN WITH.

You are basically saying you wouldn’t vote in an election unless the only candidate was your candidate. That’s upsurd. Give other people that have other tastes a chance.

misleading title.

> those changes would decrease the longevity for me.
>
> you have a team throwback playlist… go enjoy it and quit trying to force others to play your way.

Funny how Halo thrived so well with mixed playlists before. Leisure games like Swords and Infection were even thrown in the mix. The only issue I see with variety in the playlists is the voting system. The old veto function kept different maps and modes going, while now the most popular map/mode is usually the top choice by the lobby, ending the variety.

Halo’s audience has changed, and sadly you can’t please everybody.
[/quote]
I quite agree with you. it they should still add options on the of chance the fan favorite doesn’t win. My top playlist in Reach was multi-team. There was headhunter, KOTH, 3 ball, slayer, elite slayer, and rocket hog race. Maybe even more than that, and different things got voted for every time. My favorites were headhunter and Rocket Race. I hated Elite slayer, but it was totally worth playing every once in an while, if I got to play headhunter and rocket race too. Players seem so close minded these days. It’s suddenly “my way or the highway” and as 343 is realizing a vast majority of the halo community is choosing the highway.

Big team objective will probly come as some sort of playlist with the castle map pack at this point. (exclusive to the dlc of course)

Infinity Slayer should not have more than one gametype. I thought they learned that from the last two Halos…

theam throwback AR starts… why? BR is more balanced for a start and still has that classic feel.