New subtle but cool idea for halo 4

I was just thinking about gameplay changes they could make to halo 4. I think a neat idea would be to make each encounter in the game feel different everytime. I was thinking that they could make each enemy’s stats in the game vary each time, like if u were versing elites in the game, their damage resistance varies randomly between 90%- 125% by chance along with other stats.

I think this would be cool because you couldn’t exactly tell for sure what you would be up against around the next corner of a mission, even if u played it before

it does sound cool but we must remember how this will affect the other gameplay varaints
like if elites did more damage than spartans then every one would be an elite on multiplayer

I was thinking this would be only for use in campaign (i used elites as an example because I dont know what we’re fighting in halo 4). I think it would add an unpedictable-ness to the game like L4D, how you never know what enemies are coming next.

I agree this would be interesting, but I don’t think the DR should vary as much as you suggested.

I like your idea,

Yea I think the range of how much this varies shouldn’t be too much that it effects the difficulty of the game from what the player has initially chosen.

Perhaps another additional change could be the structure of enemies of each encounter. Using Covenant enemies purely for convenience:

1st encounter: 3 Elites, 2 Hunters, 3 Jackals, 8 Grunts
2nd encounter: 1 Elite, 2 Hunters, 7 Jackals, 14 Grunts

You could also change the weapons wielded by the enemies and also weapons that are available lying around.

> I like your idea,
>
> Yea I think the range of how much this varies shouldn’t be too much that it effects the difficulty of the game from what the player has initially chosen.
>
> Perhaps another additional change could be the structure of enemies of each encounter. Using Covenant enemies purely for convenience:
>
> 1st encounter: 3 Elites, 2 Hunters, 3 Jackals, 8 Grunts
> 2nd encounter: 1 Elite, 2 Hunters, 7 Jackals, 14 Grunts
>
> You could also change the weapons wielded by the enemies and also weapons that are available lying around.

i wanna give everyone armor lock, 300% speed and infinite rockets, that’s a real challenge, lol

> i wanna give everyone armor lock, 300% speed and infinite rockets, that’s a real challenge, lol

Halo: Reach, Firefight custom settings :slight_smile:

I like the thinking behind your idea, making every encounter slightly different every time you play it. It would definitely add some variety into playing the campaign, which I like a lot.

[deleted]

> Awesome idea! You too ilexia.
>
> With changes like these, the campaign will actually stay interesting after the 5th- play through. If it is possible, weather should also change each time you play it.
>
> For example:
>
> 1st = Sunny
> 2nd = Cloudy
> 3rd = rainy
> 4th = Cloudy again

Yeah there are a lot of variables that could randomly change each play through.

I agree with you there and think weather could be a nice aesthetic change each encounter. This would obviously have to depend on the stage of the mission and even the entire mission depending on the intended emotions e.g. Tragic loss + Distraught weather/Rain/Overcast - A random change in weather such as a sunny day should not interfere with this. Perhaps a certain stage(s) of the level could enable these random factors.