New Streets map shown :-D

IGN got a first look at streets, with Cayle George (Infinite’s lead multiplayer level designer for those who don’t know). It looks awesome :smiley: Can’t wait
Map even has a Halo Infinite 80’s arcade game in it lol, nice touch

It reminds me of Plaza from Halo 5, I wish there were more night/urban maps in Halo since Halo 4 onward. It just looks so great.

Nevertheless, night urban combat in general.

I knew about the map already as it was listed on pvp playlist at start of 2nd flight, which quickly got removed, Love the heatwave in the vending machine, so glad they paying attention to sight lines

after playing the flight for a while (absolutely loved it btw, already getting nostalgic lol) a common gripe I had was just how horrid the maps were, Behemoth is only really suitable for casual play with friends, Bazaar is bad for Slayer, Reactor was really good overall though, Live Fire was also great if a bit bland…

What really impresses me though overall is that the maps in Infinite actually look/feel like Halo maps, even though none of them so far look like they’re classics, I feel that all of them feel inspired compared to most Halo 4/5 maps.

Clickable link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVzmkTojNo

I like how there is an arcade in 2560. Makes you realize that pixel games just never die.

This is gonna be a crazy month of a hype train wort wort

Awesome level design!

Beautiful looking level and the sightline balances, and movement options sound great, I love asymmetric maps in Halo games the most so can’t wait to play it.

The reflections are beautiful. Really has so much personality and looks well designed for competitive. Can’t wait to play on it.

When he picks up the Spike Grenades at 1:50 his AI shows up as Mister Chief in the subtitles.

I wonder if it’s the same voice as the infamous REQ trailer for Halo 5 xD

I think you can put a mangoes on that map

> 2535419166122192;6:
> I like how there is an arcade in 2560. Makes you realize that pixel games just never die.

Pity we can’t play the arcade games……

great maps, loved bazar and live fire. I like a lot Fhatom an plaza from H5, even a lot of players don’t like fhatom.

One thing I’ve been wondering about…

Bungie tended to do this more than 343, but it’s still worth mentioning. Halo games often based their MP maps off of areas from the campaign (usually/sometime). Most of CE’s maps were either on the ring, or in some forerunner facility (exception being Damnation). H2 had maps like Turf and Zanzibar as African maps, Gemini for High Charity, and even Colossus for the gas mine. H3 maps were near Mombasa or on the ark (until map pack arrived). And Reach pulled MP maps directly from campaign.

H:I has two maps already that feature New/Old Mombasa. Do you think this is simply because it’s a cool location or do you think the campaign has a mombasa section? I’m not entirely convinced that ALL of H:I with take place on Zeta Halo (especially within its open world map). So could this be implying that we’re getting a linear level set in Mombasa? Idk why it would, but that would be cool.

We better have some 1-flag ctf or 1-bomb assault.

One bomb assault and, one flag ctf looks like it would play well one this map. Hope those two gametypes make an official return to the rotation in Infinite.

> 2533274979963735;15:
> We better have some 1-flag ctf or 1-bomb assault.

Great minds think alike! :face_with_monocle:

> 2533274845983347;4:
> after playing the flight for a while (absolutely loved it btw, already getting nostalgic lol) a common gripe I had was just how horrid the maps were, Behemoth is only really suitable for casual play with friends, Bazaar is bad for Slayer, Reactor was really good overall though, Live Fire was also great if a bit bland…
>
> What really impresses me though overall is that the maps in Infinite actually look/feel like Halo maps, even though none of them so far look like they’re classics, I feel that all of them feel inspired compared to most Halo 4/5 maps.

Behemoths layout was a bit too straightforward but it’s aesthetic was like a glass of water after the drought of ideas. That drought being 343s crutch of having bland prefab UNSC spaces with little colour, interesting geometry or map flow. Halo 4 while it was a bad MP experience didn’t suffer this to the degree H5 or the Infinite maps have. Recharge plays well but it looks like a detailed forge map, live fire does too slightly, remove the neon and Streets also, as well as some of the maps to come. Bazaar doesn’t follow this but also looks as bland as possible given the theme. Aside from Behemoth I don’t think it’s a cut above what we’ve seen. Even H2A manages to take an old idea and make it feel a little less distinctive and more prefab / forge-y than what it could be. I just can’t place my finger on the exact reason(s).

They say if you stand still for long enough on this map, you can hear the distant sound of saxophones and rain.

> 2533274979963735;14:
> One thing I’ve been wondering about…
>
> Bungie tended to do this more than 343, but it’s still worth mentioning. Halo games often based their MP maps off of areas from the campaign (usually/sometime). Most of CE’s maps were either on the ring, or in some forerunner facility (exception being Damnation). H2 had maps like Turf and Zanzibar as African maps, Gemini for High Charity, and even Colossus for the gas mine. H3 maps were near Mombasa or on the ark (until map pack arrived). And Reach pulled MP maps directly from campaign.
>
> H:I has two maps already that feature New/Old Mombasa. Do you think this is simply because it’s a cool location or do you think the campaign has a mombasa section? I’m not entirely convinced that ALL of H:I with take place on Zeta Halo (especially within its open world map). So could this be implying that we’re getting a linear level set in Mombasa? Idk why it would, but that would be cool.

I would love for the campaign to visit other worlds/places besides just Zeta Halo. That being said I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Mombasa inspired maps were simply made more for a throwback to a location in an older Halo game. It’s most likely that we’ll get a mix of maps inspired from campaign such as Fragmentation and Behemoth, as well as maps that call back to maps from previous Halos like Streets and Bazaar. Who knows though in a future campaign maybe we will revisit New Mombasa and other locations around the galaxy. Then we could get cool maps from those locations for multiplayer as well!