New stories for Halo and gears maybe.

As we have seen the coalition and 343 are working together in gears, so maybe we could get book’s of expanded lore were they go to a different time line planet or dimension. the reason why I say another planet is because the planet’s name is “Sarah” correct me if I am wrong. Gears is a fun series I suggest playing it Gears of War 3’s beast mode is worth it. i want to shout out to Happy Place8166 he has posted on a bunch of my post’s and has respectful post’s i am supprised he has survived my bad grammer and all that. hope you have had a nice day.

Happy Place if you are a female I apologize I there are few girls I know play halo or game’s in general.

> 2535424780973442;1:
> As we have seen the coalition and 343 are working together in gears, so maybe we could get book’s of expanded lore were they go to a different time line planet or dimension. the reason why I say another planet is because the planet’s name is “Sarah” correct me if I am wrong. Gears is a fun series I suggest playing it Gears of War 3’s beast mode is worth it. i want to shout out to Happy Place8166 he has posted on a bunch of my post’s and has respectful post’s i am supprised he has survived my bad grammer and all that. hope you have had a nice day.

I’m just gonna politely say that along with time travel shenanigans and reviving Johnson, this is another one of those bad ideas. Halo has collaborated with dozens of other IPs, you want to add all of them to the lore too? Personally can’t wait for the Halo Mountain Dew trilogy.

Ha thanks for the shout out! Also no worries, I’m a dude.

There have been a few other threads discussing topics like time travel and the Gears news… As for time travel/alternate dimensions, I’m not a big fan of that idea. Halo’s story is complex and interesting enough, and it’s not built around the premise of time travel. Adding in time travel to a well established series has a tendency to ruin it, or at least make it an entirely different animal going forward.

As to the Gears news, it’s a pretty fun idea, and one that I can’t wait to try out when I pick up Gears 5. But that’s about the maximum level of crossover I’m comfortable with at this point. I don’t think Gears fans would be all that excited either about Halo creeping on their turf tbh. Besides that, crossovers have a tendency to come off as gimmicky. That doesn’t make the crossover necessarily bad or good. It’s just worth considering, especially in the context of expanding the lore of both series. I don’t like the idea of Halo’s lore getting expanded to incorporate a marketing gimmick.

To clarify, 343i and TC’s collaboration on Gears extends only to the Reach character pack, unless there’s some secret project we don’t know of. Gears is TC’s IP just like Halo is 343i’s. I was really thrilled to see Kat and Emile’s appearance on the Gears MP character roster, of course. But, I also don’t want to see Halo/Gears crossovers extend any further than a couple of cosmetics here and there. Each universe’s lore and gameplay are unique and getting them mixed with each other will not do either any favors.

Just an FYI, it’s spelled “Sera” but pronounced like “Sarah,” so you got the gist of it :slight_smile: Beast mode is super cool, agreed.

Not likely, but I’d be down for Gears 6 suddenly revealing Sera to be a lost human colony and Kait fighting alongside Locke to clean up the Swarm once and for all.
Give Marcus a breather, for real.

> 2535435902217648;4:
> Ha thanks for the shout out! Also no worries, I’m a dude.
>
> There have been a few other threads discussing topics like time travel and the Gears news… As for time travel/alternate dimensions, I’m not a big fan of that idea. Halo’s story is complex and interesting enough, and it’s not built around the premise of time travel. Adding in time travel to a well established series has a tendency to ruin it, or at least make it an entirely different animal going forward.
>
> As to the Gears news, it’s a pretty fun idea, and one that I can’t wait to try out when I pick up Gears 5. But that’s about the maximum level of crossover I’m comfortable with at this point. I don’t think Gears fans would be all that excited either about Halo creeping on their turf tbh. Besides that, crossovers have a tendency to come off as gimmicky. That doesn’t make the crossover necessarily bad or good. It’s just worth considering, especially in the context of expanding the lore of both series. I don’t like the idea of Halo’s lore getting expanded to incorporate a marketing gimmick.

It could make sense in a Halo Legends-type context. But Halo Legends was, like you pointed out this would be, kinda gimmicky.