New Species: The Yonhet

The Halo Channel is upon us. And new information is confirmed

Halo Nightfall has a character called Axl. And axl isnt Human, Elite or anything like that. He is a brand new Species

The Yonhet.

Axls profile on Halo Channel

Note fun fact this species was actually being used as slaves in Halo Escalations Issue 11.

I just saw this! I’m glad to see that Escalation 11 wasn’t just bad art, and it’s exciting to encounter new species :smiley:

EDIT: A thought just occured. We now how this potentially unlimited source of new species (the Covenant fringe). It was also recently confirmed that the Sharquoi are still considered canon. Could the Sharquoi (for whatever reason) be part of this Covenant fringe, explaining why we never saw them?

Whoa.

That is all I can say.

> 2533274813012755;2:
> I just saw this! I’m glad to see that Escalation 11 wasn’t just bad art, and it’s exciting to encounter new species :smiley:

I am glad also. ^^ Wonder what other races they are. Cause this covenant fringe is a collection of species not just this one.

> 2533274813012755;2:
> EDIT: A thought just occured. We now how this potentially unlimited source of new species (the Covenant fringe). It was also recently confirmed that the Sharquoi are still considered canon. Could the Sharquoi (for whatever reason) be part of this Covenant fringe, explaining why we never saw them?

Yes I just thought that also. xD haha

Very interesting! Not too keen on the look of these aliens personally, but my nitpicks with the design aside, a new species added into the Halo Universe is certainly a plus and I’m eager to see where they go with this! Also relieved to know that those weren’t simply badly-drawn humans in Escalation.

Very strange… So this is the guy that Randall smacked in the mouth. Ugly creature this is.

Woah this amazing! More and more Covenant species! But i didn’t liked this. They look way too human. If they improve their apperance in anyway i would really like to see what they are capable.

Looks gross

[deleted]

> 2533274917900859;10:
> Looks unoriginal. This is like Star Trek levels of lazy, atrocious design. At least 343i is consistent in their damage to this universe.
>
> BEHOLD!
> The epitome of design!
>
>
#hoork

Not a Star Trek fan I see. It’s not always about being “lazy” as it mostly comes down to budget and the fact that they are being played by human actors. Besides that, there is a term for what we are seeing.

Humanoid.

That thing looks almost like the Didact. Creepy.

Twin nostrils :open_mouth:

He reminds me of mutated people from hills have eyes 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274872596817;12:
> That thing looks almost like the Didact. Creepy.

it looks like a ugly fish -man from the deeps xD

> 2533274793749599;11:
> > 2533274917900859;10:
> > Looks unoriginal. This is like Star Trek levels of lazy, atrocious design. At least 343i is consistent in their damage to this universe.
> >
> > BEHOLD!
> > The epitome of design!
> >
> >
#hoork
>
>
> Not a Star Trek fan I see. It’s not always about being “lazy” as it mostly comes down to budget and the fact that they are being played by human actors. Besides that, there is a term for what we are seeing.
>
> Humanoid.

I’m going with “Lazy character design”. When the only thing that differentiates an alien from a human is the funny bumps on its head, the costuming department doesn’t have the funding to justify that character.

> 2533274843421039;15:
> > 2533274793749599;11:
> > > 2533274917900859;10:
> > > Looks unoriginal. This is like Star Trek levels of lazy, atrocious design. At least 343i is consistent in their damage to this universe.
> > >
> > > BEHOLD!
> > > The epitome of design!
> > >
> > > #hoork
> >
> >
> >
> > Not a Star Trek fan I see. It’s not always about being “lazy” as it mostly comes down to budget and the fact that they are being played by human actors. Besides that, there is a term for what we are seeing.
> >
> > Humanoid.
>
>
> I’m going with “Lazy character design”. When the only thing that differentiates an alien from a human is the funny bumps on its head, the costuming department doesn’t have the funding to justify that character.

That’s just the exterior. How many differences are inside, one wonders?

I’m genuinely curious how much influence they’ll be holding in the future. You can do a lot of things with a newer species.

Really hope 343 doesnt go Star Trek on Halo.

> 2533274843421039;15:
> I’m going with “Lazy character design”. When the only thing that differentiates an alien from a human is the funny bumps on its head, the costuming department doesn’t have the funding to justify that character.

I can’t say I agree. You have to realize that, realistically, not all alien species would necessarily be wild and crazy in design. This new species is just an example of a small, isolated race on the literal fringes of known territory. Of course there’s bound to be a generic-looking sci-fi humanoid creature…

> 2533274843421039;15:

He looks more “complicated” than Rubber-Forehead Alien. I would go with Humanoid Alien instead. Clearly he’s humanoid in appearance because he’s played by a human actor, but other than that his entire anatomy could be different. His skeletal structure could be different, his organs could be located in different areas or he could have organs we don’t have. His blood could be completely different from our own as well. To me he actually looks like he could be amphibian.