New Slipspace Engine

What are peoples expectations for the new Slipspace Engine?

It’s been custom built for Halo with an emphasis on making it easier for the artists - and is expected to power the Halo franchise for the next decade.

It’s also been built with inside access to the specifications of the Xbox Series X hardware.

But much like Infinite itself, we know very little about it.

My main hope is that it not only gives 343 the tools they need too create a new magical Halo experience… but that it gives Forge wielders the power to create maps that are indistinguishable from the real thing.

And everyone’s been talking about the new Unreal engine. Their new model rendering and lighting systems look fantastic - but that’s not due out until well into 2021 (and the games well after) and they have a lot of work to do before we can see all the bells and whistles at 60fps.

Maybe we’ll see the engine in anger at the June (hardware?) Xbox event. It would be a great way to show off the power of the engine, the new hardware, and build a little bit of a Halo tease for the July software event.

I agree. I hope with Infinite they get it right.

The new engine apparently has remnants of the old blame engine. My guess is it’s to ensure they can have all they yearn to have in their later titles while will retaining elements to keep it anchored to the Halo series. I’m excited for Infinite and how it plays out with this new engine.

> 2533274903476730;2:
> I agree. I hope with Infinite they get it right.

Even if it doesn’t, I’m still sure 343 will deliver a quality Halo

I’m excited to see what SlipSpace has to offer!
I think having a new engine designed for a new fresh Halo experience shows that 343i is ready to make the Halo Infinite the best it can be.

New graphics, models, lighting, sounds, I can’t wait

I don’t really know much about the actual engine running games I just know I want two things: nice looking forge maps like you said and 120fps MP.

I can’t wait for gameplay and to see what it looks like now.

> 2533275031939856;6:
> I don’t really know much about the actual engine running games I just know I want two things: nice looking forge maps like you said and 120fps MP.

I’m hoping for that 120 FPS. I know they mentioned it in the Project Scarlett video a while back but I’m not fully sold on that being possible yet. Part of me feels like we won’t get it though. Guess we’ll see. Praying for the best of course

> 2533274865778947;8:
> > 2533275031939856;6:
> > I don’t really know much about the actual engine running games I just know I want two things: nice looking forge maps like you said and 120fps MP.
>
> I’m hoping for that 120 FPS. I know they mentioned it in the Project Scarlett video a while back but I’m not fully sold on that being possible yet. Part of me feels like we won’t get it though. Guess we’ll see. Praying for the best of course

no. you can’t force 120fps on people. no computer or system can handle 120fps.

tell me what game has 120fps at stable framrate?

> 2535435958007764;9:
> > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > 2533275031939856;6:
> > > I don’t really know much about the actual engine running games I just know I want two things: nice looking forge maps like you said and 120fps MP.
> >
> > I’m hoping for that 120 FPS. I know they mentioned it in the Project Scarlett video a while back but I’m not fully sold on that being possible yet. Part of me feels like we won’t get it though. Guess we’ll see. Praying for the best of course
>
> no. you can’t force 120fps on people. no computer or system can handle 120fps.
>
> tell me what game has 120fps at stable framrate?

It’s not a matter of forcing it on people…the game may have it if it can support it, if not then it won’t…

I’m not a PC gamer so I can’t tell you what games have 120FPS. I’m sure there are PC’s capable of holding that however they’ll be pretty pricey.

> 2533274865778947;10:
> > 2535435958007764;9:
> > > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > > 2533275031939856;6:
> > > > I don’t really know much about the actual engine running games I just know I want two things: nice looking forge maps like you said and 120fps MP.
> > >
> > > I’m hoping for that 120 FPS. I know they mentioned it in the Project Scarlett video a while back but I’m not fully sold on that being possible yet. Part of me feels like we won’t get it though. Guess we’ll see. Praying for the best of course
> >
> > no. you can’t force 120fps on people. no computer or system can handle 120fps.
> >
> > tell me what game has 120fps at stable framrate?
>
> It’s not a matter of forcing it on people…the game may have it if it can support it, if not then it won’t…
>
> I’m not a PC gamer so I can’t tell you what games have 120FPS. I’m sure there are PC’s capable of holding that however they’ll be pretty pricey.

thats the problem.

only a handle of few pc have taht. i bet those are in the 5,000 dollar range wher ethey can only play fornite. is een pcs up for 50k and many of those can only play fornite, lol.

fornite aint the only game many play. halo is going to struggle finding a community due to fornite and i know cod dying(finally).

it looks like i never stop playing halo even though i say it, lol.

so untell halo finds a alternative to keep a struggle franchise. it wont compete well with fornite in the realm.

plus, you have hunt: shwodown.

so between: Fornite, hunt: showdown, now crysis is back, cod wont survive long if they mess up again. which im sure they will. Doom will be in those mix situations. wolfenstein? its own thing. RTCw on the otehr hand will continue to grow. Quake? hit or miss. tom clancy? idk since the guy died. so really it comes down to: Fornite, hunt: showdown, crysis remastered an Return to castle wolfenstein.

> 2533274865778947;8:
> > 2533275031939856;6:
> > I don’t really know much about the actual engine running games I just know I want two things: nice looking forge maps like you said and 120fps MP.
>
> I’m hoping for that 120 FPS. I know they mentioned it in the Project Scarlett video a while back but I’m not fully sold on that being possible yet. Part of me feels like we won’t get it though. Guess we’ll see. Praying for the best of course

Some games have already been confirmed to have a 120fps mode so I guess it depends on how graphic intensive they want it to be. I’d love it if for the campaign they locked it at 60 and bumped the visuals up as much as they can but MP be at a solid 120 even if that means worse graphics.

So little is revealed, we don’t even have enough to properly speculate on. Something about expansive environments, but we’re not getting far with that. July has to happen now.

I wouldn’t get too carried away with 120fps. Especially early in the lifespan of the console.

Most of the interviews / snippets seem to focus on 4K / 60fps. Which I’m really happy with. I’d much rather stable 60fps and a healthy smattering of next-gen graphical trickery.

The Unreal Engine 5 demo was only 30fps. Still over a year until it’s released… but there is no way that thing is going anywhere near 120fps.

I am hoping that 343 Industries will continue using the Slipspace Engine in future Halo video games. I would love to see a new Halo ODST video game using the Slipspace Engine.