New shotgun

Am I completely trash with the shotgun, or is this new shotgun a complete pea shooter compared to the OG shotguns in the prior Halo games? 343i needs to buff this before launch in my opinion

> 2533274932845124;1:
> Am I completely trash with the shotgun, or is this new shotgun a complete pea shooter compared to the OG shotguns in the prior Halo games? 343i needs to buff this before launch in my opinion

The new shotgun pretty much sucks. If you’re facing more than one opponent you’re pretty much bound to lose in most cases.

The shotgun was great before now it just has to be “this” because lets face it duck down to avoid radars, or wait around corners would not be a valid tactic today where AR is god. It was deadly up close, terrible at range. Now every weapon has to be somewhere in the middle.

> 2533274932845124;1:
> Am I completely trash with the shotgun, or is this new shotgun a complete pea shooter compared to the OG shotguns in the prior Halo games? 343i needs to buff this before launch in my opinion

No i’ts pretty good if used correctly.

  • Has fully automatic fire - Has more constrained spread (more range + more accurate) - Can and should be used in conjunction with melee - Melee is the new sword (long lunge + BXB)

I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.

I hate the new shotgun,why they changed something that DID NOT NEED CHANGING idk , imagine it in infection it will be completely useless if they keep it as it is.

I think the main point of a Shotgun is to punch through things with the intent to inflict some serious damage and not just rapidly spray buckshot that wouldn’t properly or realistically penetrate heavy metal let alone a plasma shield. The new shotty feels more like an old DMR firing 4 to 5 shots at one time.

In my opinion, the Heatwave already does what this shotgun does…

> 2533274932845124;1:
> Am I completely trash with the shotgun, or is this new shotgun a complete pea shooter compared to the OG shotguns in the prior Halo games? 343i needs to buff this before launch in my opinion

The Shotgun from the older games was a power weapon designed to one-shot enemies in close range. The Bulldog in halo Infinite is a weaker shotgun with increased range and fire rate, which is a 2-3 shot kill. The old shotgun still will likely be added in after launch as a power weapon, but certainly don’t run into fights with the bulldog expecting to one-shot people because that’s not how it works

> 2535438388661507;4:
> > 2533274932845124;1:
> > Am I completely trash with the shotgun, or is this new shotgun a complete pea shooter compared to the OG shotguns in the prior Halo games? 343i needs to buff this before launch in my opinion
>
> No i’ts pretty good if used correctly.
> - Has fully automatic fire - Has more constrained spread (more range + more accurate) - Can and should be used in conjunction with melee - Melee is the new sword (long lunge + BXB)

BXB was a glitch and has been patched in the final version of Infinite for launch, just so you know

> 2535438388661507;4:
> > 2533274932845124;1:
> > Am I completely trash with the shotgun, or is this new shotgun a complete pea shooter compared to the OG shotguns in the prior Halo games? 343i needs to buff this before launch in my opinion
>
> No i’ts pretty good if used correctly.
> - Has fully automatic fire - Has more constrained spread (more range + more accurate) - Can and should be used in conjunction with melee - Melee is the new sword (long lunge + BXB)

The new shotgun is a two shot + weapon. It can never one shot kill unless the Shields are down.

It is not Fully automatic fire as it still needs to be pumped after every shot meaning the fire rate is set.

It only has 8 rounds for a 12 gauge with a drum mag!

It’s pellets are slow so you have to lead shots most of the time.

It’s not a fun weapon to use in close quarters as melee is a better option and faster even without BXB.

The range is very limited as far as killing damage is concerned.

> 2533274812735572;5:
> I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.

Lmfao so you like the new shotgun because you die to it less? Doesn’t that mean the new shotgun is the worse weapon?

> 2533274812735572;5:
> I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.

What is the point of adding the shot gun to the game if it doesn’t one shot kill your opponent? Just stick with other weapons, you’ll be safer by being far from your opponent. The shotgun shoot so slowly I wasn’t able to kill 2 opponent in their back because of it; in OG Halo games, I would have kicked both butts. The shotgun is definitively a no go for me.

> 2533274834716337;12:
> > 2533274812735572;5:
> > I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.
>
> What is the point of adding the shot gun to the game if it doesn’t one shot kill your opponent? Just stick with other weapons, you’ll be safer by being far from your opponent. The shotgun shoot so slowly I wasn’t able to kill 2 opponent in their back because of it; in OG Halo games, I would have kicked both butts. The shotgun is definitively a no go for me.

The Bulldog is functionally a replacement for the SMG. It’s a close quarters kinetic damage weapon designed to outplay weapons like the AR, BR, CO, and SK in close range combat. It’s readily available on the map most of the time to give people the ability to kill opponents in close quarters with easily obtainable kinetic damage. It’s not designed to be a replacement for the old shotgun in any way shape or form, the two weapons are different in every way except the fact that they are both shotguns.

I hope my my assumption is right, that 343i want to implement more OG weapons after launch. If that’s true, the OG shotgun (i really love the reload animation, where you see the single shells) and new shotgun can co-exist, because they play differently. But it’s only an assumption.

> 2533274812735572;5:
> I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.

It’s a new tipe of shotgun not a remake of the old one and thay say thay mite add the old one back later on.

> 2533274834716337;12:
> > 2533274812735572;5:
> > I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.
>
> What is the point of adding the shot gun to the game if it doesn’t one shot kill your opponent? Just stick with other weapons, you’ll be safer by being far from your opponent. The shotgun shoot so slowly I wasn’t able to kill 2 opponent in their back because of it; in OG Halo games, I would have kicked both butts. The shotgun is definitively a no go for me.

Because dying to a shotgun in 1 shot close range just isnt fun? The gun is still realy viable you just have to be skilled to use it unlike the older versions.

> 2533274801675813;11:
> > 2533274812735572;5:
> > I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.
>
> Lmfao so you like the new shotgun because you die to it less? Doesn’t that mean the new shotgun is the worse weapon?

The new shotgun is still a really good weapon and I use it a lot when I get it, but the fact that it takes skill to get kills with now instead of the older version is better imo.

> 2533274812735572;17:
> > 2533274801675813;11:
> > > 2533274812735572;5:
> > > I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.
> >
> > Lmfao so you like the new shotgun because you die to it less? Doesn’t that mean the new shotgun is the worse weapon?
>
> The new shotgun is still a really good weapon and I use it a lot when I get it, but the fact that it takes skill to get kills with now instead of the older version is better imo.

Tell that to the flood.

> 2533274812735572;5:
> I think the new shotgun is a lot better than the older shotguns in the series. It was really annoying dying to the shotgun before because it was way too strong close range. It now doesnt kill in one shot which is a lot better, and has the added range to make up for its lower DPS.

I hate that though, shot gun has always been a close quarter weapon. Making it something to spray and assist makes it useless and redundant. I get you can kill good with it still, but now you can only get about 2 kills reliably with it.

the bulldog needs a bigger clip, solved!