New Rushing Strategies?

If you’re here to complain about rushes in Halo Wars 2 or to beat my skull in because I like rushing you’re in the wrong place. Let’s keep the salt level to a minimum. With that being said, lets get on with the topic.

Ok so I’ve been rushing for a while and I usually used shipmaster with a locust rush or Jerome with a marine rush, but recently I’ve been finding success with Kinsano (rushing with grenade throw marines, hell bringers, and Kinsano hero). This got me thinking, there are so many rush strategies, one not necessarily being better than the other, but I was wondering what everyone else uses. Am I with the majority in using Kinsano or is there another rush out there that is better I never knew? If possible post a reason as to why you prefer whichever rush you use and if you agree or disagree with me.

Enforcer rush is one of the best, if not the best rushes in the game. They’re super fast and drop buildings like nothing, their stasis grenades can effectively halt most counter measures. Plus you can use teleport to dodge the enemy’s army and sneak your units in or retreat if things go wrong.

Rushing goliaths with Colony is also pretty strong, especially if you attach skitterers to them. Goliaths have so much hp that they can endure quite a while and they’re also great at dropping buildings.

The problem is that those rushes probably won’t work in the current meta, due to everybody spamming OP marines/flamers the second the game begins.

I don’t know much about rushing strats, I used to marine rush with a mix of jackrabbits but I’m sure that’s out the window now.

Setting a rally point on the enemy base and just sending infinite grunts. Use the Hero unit to destroy turrets since grunts suck against them.

Rush like Old kinsano

Flamer spam+ drop straight into flame hogs. Edge the game out in about 9m.

There are no “rushes” in this game. The closest thing to what your talking about is an aggressive opener. JP Brutes with Atriox’s counter measures is seems to be semi popular and I am a fan of Arbiters enforcers along with Cutter or Anders Marines/Flamers. With these armies, good micro can help you get very early map control. If you have map control by 4 minutes, scout their base. If you don’t see turrets or a large army, feel free to take the kill shot or take out some important buildings. If you make 15 enforcers with the soul intention of rushing the base with no scout and taking no nodes, 8 times out of 10 a good player will scout you, counter, and you wont be able to recover because you invested so much in the initial push.

> 2533274840245702;6:
> There are no “rushes” in this game. The closest thing to what your talking about is an aggressive opener. JP Brutes with Atriox’s counter measures is seems to be semi popular and I am a fan of Arbiters enforcers along with Cutter or Anders Marines/Flamers. With these armies, good micro can help you get very early map control. If you have map control by 4 minutes, scout their base. If you don’t see turrets or a large army, feel free to take the kill shot or take out some important buildings. If you make 15 enforcers with the soul intention of rushing the base with no scout and taking no nodes, 8 times out of 10 a good player will scout you, counter, and you wont be able to recover because you invested so much in the initial push.

Spot on, Push when the opportunity arises, no early encounters, no turrets or no army then push to end the game quickly. If your sole intention is to rush from the beginning and you fail, your almost certain to lose.