New REQ Idea - First Person Melee Animations

Do you think it would be a cool idea?

What kind of melee animations would you guys like?

I like spamming the first person gun bash takedown in fallout 4 (the gun butt strike to the head followed by a straight up bash to the forehead.)

The option for first person assassinations would be kind of cool.

First Person assassinations would be great. Mele animations seem to be tied to weapons so that wouldn’t work.

first person ground pound

> 2533274819069969;3:
> First Person assassinations would be great. Mele animations seem to be tied to weapons so that wouldn’t work.

INB4 someone says we’re copying doom because of the glory kills

First person assassinations would be awesome. I can imagine some of the assassinations atm looking pretty cool from the Spartan’s point of view.

I’d still prefer 3rd person as it is. That way you can see your spartan performing the wicked assassination. And I like ground pound as 3rd person so I can se what is going on around me as I’m hurtling through the air.

> 2533274808132968;5:
> > 2533274819069969;3:
> > First Person assassinations would be great. Mele animations seem to be tied to weapons so that wouldn’t work.
>
>
> INB4 someone says we’re copying doom because of the glory kills

Why? Serious Sam 3 had first person takedown kills way before DOOM ever had them… I tend to buy rather obscure games so that’s how I know.

> 2533274915643658;8:
> > 2533274808132968;5:
> > > 2533274819069969;3:
> > > First Person assassinations would be great. Mele animations seem to be tied to weapons so that wouldn’t work.
> >
> >
> > INB4 someone says we’re copying doom because of the glory kills
>
>
> Why? Serious Sam 3 had first person takedown kills way before DOOM ever had them… I tend to buy rather obscure games so that’s how I know.

A lot of games share similarities in one form or another such as first-person takedowns.

But I prefer third-person anyway… it goes with the Halo style, seeing as many other things are preformed in third-person while in most other FP games it’s done in that perspective all the time.

That would be -Yoinking!- awesome. Like Doom glory kills in Halo where you just punch through the guy’s visor and rip his freakin’ eyeballs out… -Yoink!-, why did H5 have to have a teen rating?

Or maybe I’m just a crazy -Yoink- who likes brutally murdering people in video games.

It should just be an option we can choose from in the options.

> 2533274796110793;1:
> Do you think it would be a cool idea?
>
> What kind of melee animations would you guys like?

Do you mean first person assassinations, because there was a mod for that in Halo 4, and it was too fast and too close up for you to really see any thing.