New Radar Changes (For Proving Grounds Playlist)

(If there is another thread already made about this topic, feel free to lock this one and post a link to the other thread, thank you!)

Who else has tried out the new Proving Grounds playlist? If you haven’t, you should give it a few goes. All it really does as I’ve observed is increased the radar to 25m, but removed walking to be detected. Below, I’m going to post my thoughts on the new radar and suggest some changes that could be made to make it even better.

Now for the most part, I like the new radar, but there is one large problem with it. And that’s the fact that walking is invisible. Although yes, now you know when someone is running around a corner and you can punish them for it, sure. But now it become way to easy to move around unseen or to escape a fight with no trace of where you went. With no radar pings when you’re walking, makes crouching almost pointless, and makes some rather unwanted inconsistencies. Such as, lets say you weaken an opponent and he flees around the corner and he disappears from your radar. In the old radar, your conclusion would be that he is crouching around that corner waiting for his shields to regenerate. But now with the new radar, he could either do that, or begin walking to somewhere else, perhaps around another corner or a doorway and it would look the same either way on your point of view. This is one of a couple of glaring problems with the new radar.

A way to fix this from my point of view, is to have 2 available pings to show up on your radar for walking, and running. Walking radar pings could be dimmed, lightly shaded red dots, while sprinting opponents or thrusting opponents would keep the bright red dots on the radar. This would allow sprinting around corners to still be easily detected and punished, while still allowing some tracking and prediction on fleeing opponents.

What does everyone else think? Do you like that idea? Have a plan of your own? Please post below! (unless of course if this thread gets locked. If it doesn’t I’ll likely go back and edit this to remove these little notations)

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

It is bad. And the people who like it should feel bad.

InB4 WHY do you think it’s bad???

It just is. Doesn’t feel right and is minority pro gamer pandering.

#MakeRadarGreatAgain…25m Halo 3 days plz

thx

I don’t really like that much and it doesn’t feel right to me.

> 2533274925727172;1:
> (If there is another thread already made about this topic, feel free to lock this one and post a link to the other thread, thank you!)

As you wish!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/proving-grounds—official-feedback-thread/bb75b615-351f-421a-8bec-62fc149e6ecb/posts

> 2533274925727172;1:
> (If there is another thread already made about this topic, feel free to lock this one and post a link to the other thread, thank you!)

here ya go.