New preorder bonus really, WHY?

Im sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i couldnt see anyone post addressing this.

According to Game a UK retailer if you pre order halo 4 now you will get early access to 6 specializations.

Games Halo4 page

This surely cant be right can it. Because if this is true its basically taking more away from the people who get the limited editon, whats the point if you can get a season pass to get all maps and then just pre order the standard edition to get the specializations.

I hope this is a mistake, but what are your thoughts on this.

GAME doesn’t always get their facts right.

I’m not a European, but that has to be wrong. The 6 extra specializations come with the LE addition, I don’t see why it would be a pre-order bonus.

> GAME doesn’t always get their facts right.

And even then if it’s true, perhaps it’s to make up for the UK’s lack of pre-order options. Since you know, they have like 1, whereas NA has a combined total of around 5.

> > GAME doesn’t always get their facts right.
>
> And even then if it’s true, perhaps it’s to make up for the UK’s lack of pre-order options. Since you know, they have like 1, whereas NA has a combined total of around 5.

That too

The UK has plenty of preorder bonus they different ones from amazon, blockbuster, play.com, tesco and then game, thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.

> The UK has plenty of preorder bonus they different ones from amazon, blockbuster, play.com, tesco and then game, thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.

To my knowledge, based from the UK-forum goers of this site, the only real site giving any bonuses is GAME. Amazon is currently in question because it hasnt been stated if the codes will be region locked as NA codes. More or less anyways.

Hmm… So now the people who get the standard edition from GAME get one of the L.E. things too? Fair enough. Not exactly game breaking, as you have to reach level 50 first anyway.

Also, the people who get the L.E. get it twice?

> > The UK has plenty of preorder bonus they different ones from amazon, blockbuster, play.com, tesco and then game, thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.
>
> To my knowledge, based from the UK-forum goers of this site, the only real site giving any bonuses is GAME. Amazon is currently in question because it hasnt been stated if the codes will be region locked as NA codes. More or less anyways.

Well being from the UK my self i have looked around to see which bonuses i can get and the only one i dont think you can get in the UK is the locus helmet skin apart from that all other skins i have found available in the UK, so i still dont think that is the reason for this.

I’m so sick of all these exclusive bonuses. I bought the game, I should get everything that comes with it.

> > > The UK has plenty of preorder bonus they different ones from amazon, blockbuster, play.com, tesco and then game, thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.
> >
> > To my knowledge, based from the UK-forum goers of this site, the only real site giving any bonuses is GAME. Amazon is currently in question because it hasnt been stated if the codes will be region locked as NA codes. More or less anyways.
>
> Well being from the UK my self i have looked around to see which bonuses i can get and the only one i dont think you can get in the UK is the locus helmet skin apart from that all other skins i have found available in the UK, so i still dont think that is the reason for this.

If that is true then my point is mute, but I do have one question.
This may be a typo, or I’m missing a point, but in your first response, you say ‘thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.’
If you’re from the UK, and GAME is stationed in the UK, then who did you refer to as ‘they’? Because if you’re referring to the UK, don’t you mean ‘we’?

> I’m so sick of all these exclusive bonuses. I bought the game, I should get everything that comes with it.

"WE DECIDED TO MAKE THE DECISION OF BUYING THE GAME EASIER BY GIVING YOU TWO EDITIONS TO PICK FROM.

…BUT WITH SEVEN OR SO DIFFERENT PRE-ORDER OPTIONS. U MAD?"

this is what ran through my mind when they announced all this, so I’m in the same boat as you.

> > > > The UK has plenty of preorder bonus they different ones from amazon, blockbuster, play.com, tesco and then game, thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.
> > >
> > > To my knowledge, based from the UK-forum goers of this site, the only real site giving any bonuses is GAME. Amazon is currently in question because it hasnt been stated if the codes will be region locked as NA codes. More or less anyways.
> >
> > Well being from the UK my self i have looked around to see which bonuses i can get and the only one i dont think you can get in the UK is the locus helmet skin apart from that all other skins i have found available in the UK, so i still dont think that is the reason for this.
>
> If that is true then my point is mute, but I do have one question.
> This may be a typo, or I’m missing a point, but in your first response, you say ‘thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.’
> If you’re from the UK, and GAME is stationed in the UK, then who did you refer to as ‘they’? Because if you’re referring to the UK, don’t you mean ‘we’?

yeah sorry :frowning: I did mean ‘we’. Also just in general 343 shouldn’t do this with any country no matter how many bonus are available, it takes away form the limited.

> > > > > The UK has plenty of preorder bonus they different ones from amazon, blockbuster, play.com, tesco and then game, thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.
> > > >
> > > > To my knowledge, based from the UK-forum goers of this site, the only real site giving any bonuses is GAME. Amazon is currently in question because it hasnt been stated if the codes will be region locked as NA codes. More or less anyways.
> > >
> > > Well being from the UK my self i have looked around to see which bonuses i can get and the only one i dont think you can get in the UK is the locus helmet skin apart from that all other skins i have found available in the UK, so i still dont think that is the reason for this.
> >
> > If that is true then my point is mute, but I do have one question.
> > This may be a typo, or I’m missing a point, but in your first response, you say ‘thats 5 different ones. the same as other countries They dont need this as an extra one.’
> > If you’re from the UK, and GAME is stationed in the UK, then who did you refer to as ‘they’? Because if you’re referring to the UK, don’t you mean ‘we’?
>
> yeah sorry :frowning: I did mean ‘we’. Also just in general 343 shouldn’t do this with any country no matter how many bonus are available, it takes away form the limited.

I concur. This could be a ploy by GAME as I’ve been keeping tabs on their situations (they’re talked about quite a bit here and on kotaku) and it seems they recently went into administration. So perhaps this is just a way to help their sales. But as you said, the limited edition has been suffering in terms of what makes it limited.

wait, blockbuster sells games in the UK? They only rent here (sell some used, but not new), or atleast they did before the bankruptcy issue.

I suppose you could be right with the whole situation that game is in.

And yes over here blockbusters sells new games.

> Im sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i couldnt see anyone post addressing this.
>
> According to Game a UK retailer if you pre order halo 4 now you will get early access to 6 specializations.
>
> Games Halo4 page
>
> This surely cant be right can it. Because if this is true its basically taking more away from the people who get the limited editon, whats the point if you can get a season pass to get all maps and then just pre order the standard edition to get the specializations.
>
> I hope this is a mistake, but what are your thoughts on this.

It doesn’t matter anyway, you need to be max rank to use specializations, i’m pretty sure nobody is gonna get max rank by the time they add the rest of the specializations in.

> > I’m so sick of all these exclusive bonuses. I bought the game, I should get everything that comes with it.
>
> “WE DECIDED TO MAKE THE DECISION OF BUYING THE GAME EASIER BY GIVING YOU TWO EDITIONS TO PICK FROM.
>
>
>
>
> …BUT WITH SEVEN OR SO DIFFERENT PRE-ORDER OPTIONS. U MAD?”
>
> this is what ran through my mind when they announced all this, so I’m in the same boat as you.

It’s confusing and absurd. :frowning:

Oh well, i can just give it to my friend, or sell it on eBay.

I posted this yesterday.

Edit, wrong link. Fixed now.

> > > I’m so sick of all these exclusive bonuses. I bought the game, I should get everything that comes with it.
> >
> > “WE DECIDED TO MAKE THE DECISION OF BUYING THE GAME EASIER BY GIVING YOU TWO EDITIONS TO PICK FROM.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > …BUT WITH SEVEN OR SO DIFFERENT PRE-ORDER OPTIONS. U MAD?”
> >
> > this is what ran through my mind when they announced all this, so I’m in the same boat as you.
>
> It’s confusing and absurd. :frowning:

Not to mention incredibly contradictary to their original statement on what’s available.