New (Possibly Brute) Carbine found?

So now that Anvil’s Legacy has been released, I figured that I would play around in Forge with the Weapon Pad combination glitch. For fun, I decided to combine the Tartarus’ Gavel with an Energy Sword, and behold, swinging the Sword unleashed the Gavel’s energy wave effect! It was so awesome, you should try it!

So then I asked myself : “Can this be done with other weapons?”

So I went and did it with the Carbine, specifically the Rain of Oblivion. But when I picked up the Carbine, I noticed something different :
Pic

So then I tried it with a couple of other weapons, and obtained results from some of them :

Storm Rifle
Halo 2 Beam Rifle
Plasma Rifle (sort of)

The weapon behaved the same as the Rain of Oblivion, but it was interesting to see that there was a fully red version of the Carbine, Storm Rifle, and an alternate skin for the Halo 2 Beam Rifle. Anyway, I thought that I would share! Any thoughts on what these might be?

Maybe it’s just a color replacement type thing.

> 2533274950478805;2:
> Maybe it’s just a color replacement type thing.

Maybe, but why go and make a completely red skin for the Carbine and Storm Rifle like that if it weren’t for anything?

The Halo 2 Beam Rifle (pic now up), I can see as maybe being an alternative look to the Tier 2 version, but this seems like more than a glitch.

what ^ said, plus why would brutes use elite weapons when they have their own, heck it shouldn’t be possible for brutes to get their own Storm Rifle.

it might be something to do with the fact that they have made that req weapon glitch a sort of official feature

Erg mah gerd! So cool!

> 2533274816487930;5:
> it might be something to do with the fact that they have made that req weapon glitch a sort of official feature

Could be, yeah, but I feel like there’s probably more to it. Maybe they’re a hint at what’s to come, or maybe they’re just placeholders that were replaced. It’s still interesting to see though!

We want more Brute´s weapons!

looks cool but not sure if legit :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274806857048;9:
> looks cool but not sure if legit :stuck_out_tongue:

Try it yourself! Go to Forge, put down a weapon pad, and then have it spawn Tartarus’ Gavel (or any other Mythic weapon should do the trick, being Prophet’s Bane, Nornfang or Oathsworm). And then, switch the weapon over to the Carbine or Rain of Oblivion, and you should reproduce the same thing!

As you can see, the Storm Rifle, Halo 2 Beam Rifle and Brute Plasma Rifle (kind of) have a similar effect.

Ah man I just posted about this XD, anyways if you want more legitimacy to the possibilities here is a beaten up Blue Plasma Rifle

My guess is that since these (Except H2 Beam Rifle, I didn’t find that) they might be new mythics, considering I had to use mythics to get the skin (following the logic of how this glitch works anyways)

Awesome find. They could have done skins in advance for hypothetical Tier 4 variants, it doesn’t necessarily mean implementations of these weapons are planned. Are those the only ones in the sandbox to do that? If so that is certainly interesting.

Nice find dude, good job

> 2533274808386392;1:
> So now that Anvil’s Legacy has been released, I figured that I would play around in Forge with the Weapon Pad combination glitch. For fun, I decided to combine the Tartarus’ Gavel with an Energy Sword, and behold, swinging the Sword unleashed the Gavel’s energy wave effect! It was so awesome, you should try it!
>
> So then I asked myself : “Can this be done with other weapons?”
>
> So I went and did it with the Carbine, specifically the Rain of Oblivion. But when I picked up the Carbine, I noticed something different :
> Pic
>
> So then I tried it with a couple of other weapons, and obtained results from some of them :
>
> Storm Rifle
> Halo 2 Beam Rifle
> Plasma Rifle (sort of)
>
> The weapon behaved the same as the Rain of Oblivion, but it was interesting to see that there was a fully red version of the Carbine, Storm Rifle, and an alternate skin for the Halo 2 Beam Rifle. Anyway, I thought that I would share! Any thoughts on what these might be?

I got the same thing on a plasma rifle mixed with nornfang. It was OP too.

> 2533274973681092;14:
> > 2533274808386392;1:
> > So now that Anvil’s Legacy has been released, I figured that I would play around in Forge with the Weapon Pad combination glitch. For fun, I decided to combine the Tartarus’ Gavel with an Energy Sword, and behold, swinging the Sword unleashed the Gavel’s energy wave effect! It was so awesome, you should try it!
> >
> > So then I asked myself : “Can this be done with other weapons?”
> >
> > So I went and did it with the Carbine, specifically the Rain of Oblivion. But when I picked up the Carbine, I noticed something different :
> > Pic
> >
> > So then I tried it with a couple of other weapons, and obtained results from some of them :
> >
> > Storm Rifle
> > Halo 2 Beam Rifle
> > Plasma Rifle (sort of)
> >
> > The weapon behaved the same as the Rain of Oblivion, but it was interesting to see that there was a fully red version of the Carbine, Storm Rifle, and an alternate skin for the Halo 2 Beam Rifle. Anyway, I thought that I would share! Any thoughts on what these might be?
>
>
> I got the same thing on a plasma rifle mixed with nornfang. It was OP too.

That should become a legitimate power weapon in the game!

> 2533274808386392;1:
> So now that Anvil’s Legacy has been released, I figured that I would play around in Forge with the Weapon Pad combination glitch. For fun, I decided to combine the Tartarus’ Gavel with an Energy Sword, and behold, swinging the Sword unleashed the Gavel’s energy wave effect! It was so awesome, you should try it!
>
> So then I asked myself : “Can this be done with other weapons?”
>
> So I went and did it with the Carbine, specifically the Rain of Oblivion. But when I picked up the Carbine, I noticed something different :
> Pic
>
> So then I tried it with a couple of other weapons, and obtained results from some of them :
>
> Storm Rifle
> Halo 2 Beam Rifle
> Plasma Rifle (sort of)
>
> The weapon behaved the same as the Rain of Oblivion, but it was interesting to see that there was a fully red version of the Carbine, Storm Rifle, and an alternate skin for the Halo 2 Beam Rifle. Anyway, I thought that I would share! Any thoughts on what these might be?

Actually I believe that may be a mythic or legendary brute plasma rifle skin as it only appears when mixed with legendary weapons! I’m guessing may see it in a future update.

Couple things.

First off, this was first found a day ago by Kornillious.

Second, the new Beam Rifle has the same exact color scheme as the Spitfire Plasma Pistol, but it does have a unique texture map, meaning they intentionally mimicked the Spitfire but it’s not just taking the texture from the Spitfire. Considering the Delta functions a lot like the Void’s Tear…something is up with these two guns being related somehow. Both used by Jackals? Hmm.

Third, the Shaders on the Red Storm Rifle and Red Carbine are still default, so the closer the weapon is to the camera, the more it looks like the original colors, because a blue-ish shader is being applied to it. I doubt that would be the case, so I’d chalk it up to being unfinished.

Finally, the Blue Plasma Rifle is borrowing its texture from somewhere else. It’s NOT destroyed, it’s just got parts not suitable for the Plasma Rifle’s model on it. Since the Brute Plasma Rifle functions a lot like the Storm Rifle, I suspect it’s the Storm Rifle’s original textures. This may have happened if they copied the Storm Rifle’s stats, models, and textures before modifying the stats, giving it the Plasma Rifle model, and texturing the new model.

> 2533274910481960;8:
> We want more Brute´s weapons!

Yeah, like the Bruteshot!

Figured out where the “Blue” Plasma Rifle was getting it’s textures from. Needless to say, it’s not a new gun, it’s a glitch.

I noticed the red carbine, I had to take a second look at it to make sure it was red lol