New Players/Skill Based Matchmaking

Before I begin, this is my own experience, and my own personal opinions that’ll be stated below. That’s about it.

So for the past week or so I’ve played Matchmaking in Halo 5, I’ve been paired up with some… less than decent players. To give an example, I had one game where I was paired with a teammate who went 2 and 24. Like seriously. I’ve also noticed a trend where higher level players are matched with lower level players to ‘‘balance’’ (very loose use of the word balance) the game. One game it was me, a 143, a 53, and a 2. In that same game, the winning team had a 141, a 142, and a 50. (Multi-Team, if anyone is wondering.)

This use of ‘‘balancing’’ the game by pairing higher skilled players with lower skilled players I BELIEVE isn’t the best way to handle matchmaking. This is because the the lower skilled players get absolutely demolished, and the higher skilled players are forced to take a loss, due to the system matchmaking takes place. I think a system that pairs bad players with the bad, and good players with the good is the best way to go about it, since 343i is obviously trying to implement a system where the teams are ‘‘balanced’’.

Just my opinion on the topic.

That is what ranked is for…

> 2533274924401014;2:
> That is what ranked is for…

Ranked doesn’t have multi-team though, and this is besides ranked playlists. I’m talking about just the general Social Playlist. I know that Ranked exists for a reason.

> 2533274864477733;1:
> Before I begin, this is my own experience, and my own personal opinions that’ll be stated below. That’s about it.
>
> So for the past week or so I’ve played Matchmaking in Halo 5, I’ve been paired up with some… less than decent players. To give an example, I had one game where I was paired with a teammate who went 2 and 24. Like seriously. I’ve also noticed a trend where higher level players are matched with lower level players to ‘‘balance’’ (very loose use of the word balance) the game. One game it was me, a 143, a 53, and a 2. In that same game, the winning team had a 141, a 142, and a 50. (Multi-Team, if anyone is wondering.)
>
> This use of ‘‘balancing’’ the game by pairing higher skilled players with lower skilled players I BELIEVE isn’t the best way to handle matchmaking. This is because the the lower skilled players get absolutely demolished, and the higher skilled players are forced to take a loss, due to the system matchmaking takes place. I think a system that pairs bad players with the bad, and good players with the good is the best way to go about it, since 343i is obviously trying to implement a system where the teams are ‘‘balanced’’.
>
> Just my opinion on the topic.

Question: Does Guardians have MMR? If so, said system is already implemented. Perhaps the means by which a player’s skill is calculated could be tweaked/improved.

Try changing your search preference to see if that helps.

I would also like to add that high SR does not equate to high skill.

> 2533274864477733;3:
> > 2533274924401014;2:
> > That is what ranked is for…
>
> Ranked doesn’t have multi-team though, and this is besides ranked playlists. I’m talking about just the general Social Playlist. I know that Ranked exists for a reason.

So why does it even matter if you are more concerned with with a Social Playlist.

Either way, Ranked or not, I have experienced these kinds of matches more often than not.

> 2533274924401014;5:
> I would also like to add that high SR does not equate to high skill.

It may not, but a majority of the time it does. There are so many times I have played Team Arena recently and get matched with very low SR players, and they quite obviously are new to the game.