new player questions.

Ok so i only just got an xbox with halo wars and really enjoying it although i have a few questions and hoping people of the community can help me to become a better player. Ive watched some youtube vids and red up on here but just want some clarification.

Do shields stack on your base or is getting 2+ on the same base pointless?

I upgraded my snipers so they had camo yet they still got shot by turrents, even though there was no units or watchtowers close, how come?

How do i activate the bridge on that 2v2 map?

I always try to build a diverse army yet people who mass 1 unit manage to beat me.

When playing with randoms what advice can you give to play a support role / which leader are good to play supportive.

I like cutter and attiox so any advice at all on units build orders rush or turtle espcially for these 2 would be great.

Sorry for all the questions i just wanna get better, add me if u dont mind playing with a newb :stuck_out_tongue:

TIA.

I’ll try to answer a few, as I am temporarily retired from the game.
I believe shields do stack, but you won’t see 2 separate shield bars. It just strengthens the already established bar.
Some units can reveal camo
Last time I played the bridge activates whenever it wants to, you have to wait for it then send a ground unit to the switch to have control of it. I believe it costs 200 supplies to use it.

Shields do stack, Snipers have to have the camo activated and it isn’t permanent. Practice will make your diverse armies better, and to activate the bridge you need an infantry unit near the console that controls the bridge.

If you’d like to add me I can help you out in game. Cheers!

> 2533274927740213;3:
> Shields do stack, Snipers have to have the camo activated and it isn’t permanent. Practice will make your diverse armies better, and to activate the bridge you need an infantry unit near the console that controls the bridge.
>
> If you’d like to add me I can help you out in game. Cheers!

Will do thanks, any suggestions on ateiox late game strats/army strutures

It’s not just that a mixed army will always win or always lose against a single unit spam army. It depends on the unit in itself and the dps, soft or hard counter etc. Many factors involved, and it will only get better for you the more you play and the more you get to know each unit strengths and weaknesses.

For example, a few days ago I had an army with a few engineers and infantry but also had upgraded choppers 4 or 6, the enemy came with a bunch of snipers and wolverines, if I would’ve engaged in a ball I would’ve lost, so I just split my army and sent my choppers in, wolves have pitiful dps against ground and snipers can’t attack vehicles.

When my shrapnel rounds choppers killed all the snipers I moved in with my infantry and won. So getting to know each unit is super important and it only comes by playing more.

> 2535428831534420;4:
> > 2533274927740213;3:
> > Shields do stack, Snipers have to have the camo activated and it isn’t permanent. Practice will make your diverse armies better, and to activate the bridge you need an infantry unit near the console that controls the bridge.
> >
> > If you’d like to add me I can help you out in game. Cheers!
>
> Will do thanks, any suggestions on ateiox late game strats/army strutures

Try to get lots of supply pads so you can afford your powers. And Ranger/Hunter/Locust is good along with Wraiths plus Reavers

Shields stack and each shields adds 50% more resistance before the shield goes down. So it takes 3 shields to double the resistance of 1 shield.