New player? Get in here!

This thread is for newer players who are having a hard time getting used to Halo Wars or RTS in general.

There might be other threads about this, but let’s try to consolidate them into this one.

If you have a question about something, or want to just get better, please be as detailed as possible. We can’t help you unless we know what the core problem is. Keep in mind we’re not all basement dwellers who are here 24/7, so your question may go unanswered for periods of time up to a couple of days.

I’m not exactly the guy to ask for gameplay help, but I’ll contribute by linking some older threads that might help you out. We have some pretty great mentors here, so feel free to ask for one.

TL;DR noob + this thread = respectable player

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

TL;DR

I wouldn’t mind any tips you can provide. I don’t play online at all. Can’t afford to, but used the 3 month free gold coupon that came with my 360 so I could get Civ Rev, and I’ve found I alwayys lose 1v1, and other games aren’t as awesome as I thought they’d be

> I wouldn’t mind any tips you can provide. I don’t play online at all. Can’t afford to, but used the 3 month free gold coupon that came with my 360 so I could get Civ Rev, and I’ve found I alwayys lose 1v1, and other games aren’t as awesome as I thought they’d be

Look up some Anders Warthog strategies for 1v1 and 2v2.

I don’t have much time in my day to help you personally, as if I would do much anyway, but finding a buddy is great because you’ll do nothing but improve each other.