New Playable Species, (humaniod) Hunters

If clicked on this I have to say i don’t mean the hulk smash monsters we know but a smaller more humaniod version of them. Hunters are already pretty humanoid but what i mean something like the Alpha Big Daddies to whose who have played Bioshock.

Basically this, just with the shield being smaller, no cannon arm and no visable weak points. The reason for no visible weak points i, if i recall corretly the reason the hunters had those in the first place was so the Covenant would kill them if they ever rebelled.

A hunter type that is basically an Alpha Big Daddy. Smaller, yet still very capable. It would be easy for them to have very unique things about them like a shield similar to The Clone Assassins for melee.

The could have a think armored layer instead of shields, which would give them a backwards advantage.

Spartans- Shields weak to plasma, armor weak against projectiles.

Hunters- Hull weak to projectiles, while flesh is weak to plasma.

Or Vise Versa

Of course certain features would be different from the other hunters. The Spines would be much smaller compared to larger Hunters.

A back story would be easy.

These Hunters have sided with us and want to show their loyalty in serving our armed forces. They even have taken on a basic human look and size.( or Spartan)

Unique look, assassinations, awhile still being the same size as a Spartan.

I’m not a big fan of Canon MP but this could easily go in well. The Hunters could be training aboard the Infinity or on an off site location where, when they feel the need to train the just hook up to the system and they are ready.(Epiphany) This same thing could be done for the Elites couldn’t it?

Thoughts?

You have a very interesting idea but my personal feeling is that we have enough species in halo. What I would really like to see are ODSTs make their triumphant return. The opening sequence from Halo 3 ODST was truly epic and needs to be revisited IMHO.

> You have a very interesting idea but my personal feeling is that we have enough species in halo. What I would really like to see are ODSTs make their triumphant return. The opening sequence from Halo 3 ODST was truly epic and needs to be revisited IMHO.

What do you mean enough species. This isn’t a new species, just a different type of Hunter.

The only playable species has been human and Sangheili.

This adds in an alien but with no altering of hit boxes, that has enormous power,speed and efficiency.

Nahhhhh

Just bring back the elites

> Nahhhhh
>
> Just bring back the elites

I love the Elites, hence my Gamer Tag, but i’m sure no one wants to be around when people start complaining about us again. Then 343i will just remove them like before.

If that doesn’t work at least give us something.

I can’t emphasize enough how fundamentally unusual I find this idea. I emphatically say no to this in matchmaking, but I am always interested in finding new COMPELLING enemies for the campaign.

> > Nahhhhh
> >
> > Just bring back the elites
>
> I love the Elites, hence my Gamer Tag, but i’m sure no one wants to be around when people start complaining about us again. Then 343i will just remove them like before.
>
> If that doesn’t work at least give us something.

It wouldn’t be too hard to design the Elite model to be completely fair. If they just scaled the size and made them statistically exactly the same then any complaints people do give will be completely unjustifiable.

Your idea for Armour instead of shields, for instance, would be complained about REALLY bad. Because in order for it to be fair, they must be the same in every way.

> It wouldn’t be too hard to design the Elite model to be completely fair. If they just scaled the size and made them statistically exactly the same then any complaints people do give will be completely unjustifiable.

You would have to break just about every bone in their bodies to make the hit boxes match up.

> > > Nahhhhh
> > >
> > > Just bring back the elites
> >
> > I love the Elites, hence my Gamer Tag, but i’m sure no one wants to be around when people start complaining about us again. Then 343i will just remove them like before.
> >
> > If that doesn’t work at least give us something.
>
> It wouldn’t be too hard to design the Elite model to be completely fair. If they just scaled the size and made them statistically exactly the same then any complaints people do give will be completely unjustifiable.
>
> Your idea for Armour instead of shields, for instance, would be complained about REALLY bad. Because in order for it to be fair, they must be the same in every way.

The Armor instead of shields was just an example of things that could be alerted between the two different species and like in the pose above matching the elites hitboxes with Spartans would be weird for their anatomy.

But going to one of my old threads. I said let us play as Spartan II’s in MP again. That takes away the entire whos bigger or better equation.

Like i said before. I don,t care about Spartans IV’s, many fans don’t care for the IV’s, so why make them for MP. Having Spartan IV’s only make it harder to add in elites. They are canon, but why should we have to be them since out of the 4 types of Spartans they are probably the worst. If you gave Johnson Mjolnir i’m sure he and the Orion Project troops would topple the Spartan IV’s. Spartan IV’s have too much bravado for a war they have a little chance of winning.

This would be something interesting to add. I could see this as being the equivalent of a promethian battlewagon, a covent foe that takes a lot more than just running around and blasting in the back with a shotgun.

> This would be something interesting to add. I could see this as being the equivalent of a promethian battlewagon, a covent foe that takes a lot more than just running around and blasting in the back with a shotgun.

true, if this wouldn’t be good for MP at least having it for a new foe would be nice.

> If clicked on this I have to say i don’t mean the hulk smash monsters we know but a smaller more humaniod version of them. Hunters are already pretty humanoid but what i mean something like the Alpha Big Daddies to whose who have played Bioshock.

I believe that you should do some research on the way that Lekgolo Worms link together to form colonies. You might find that it wouldn’t be quite possible for them to form into one smaller form.

> Basically this, just with the shield being smaller, no cannon arm and no visable weak points. The reason for no visible weak points i, if i recall corretly the reason the hunters had those in the first place was so the Covenant would kill them if they ever rebelled.

Another problem: How would this work with Mulitplayer? Would the shield give the player extra protection or would it be purely cosmetic? How would you customize your armor?

> A hunter type that is basically an Alpha Big Daddy. Smaller, yet still very capable. It would be easy for them to have very unique things about them like a shield similar to The Clone Assassins for melee.

Being able to play as a species that has different abilities than Spartans doesn’t equal balance in my mind, and I’m still having trouble figuring out how this makes canonical sense.

> The could have a think armored layer instead of shields, which would give them a backwards advantage.
>
> Spartans- Shields weak to plasma, armor weak against projectiles.
>
> Hunters- Hull weak to projectiles, while flesh is weak to plasma.

This right here does allow some balance, but it would make the humanoid hunters have to be exclusive to separate gamemodes like invasion.

> Or Vise Versa
>
> Of course certain features would be different from the other hunters. The Spines would be much smaller compared to larger Hunters.

Wouldn’t the spines look weird when the player has a weapon on his/her back? It would seem very broken looking.

> A back story would be easy.
>
> These Hunters have sided with us and want to show their loyalty in serving our armed forces. They even have taken on a basic human look and size.( or Spartan)

There are Hunters sided with the Elite Separatists and the UNSC during Halo 2/3. While I’m not sure if that alliance still exists as of now, they wouldn’t have to change their common form just to show loyalty to the humans.

> Unique look, assassinations, awhile still being the same size as a Spartan.
>
> I’m not a big fan of Canon MP but this could easily go in well. The Hunters could be training aboard the Infinity or on an off site location where, when they feel the need to train the just hook up to the system and they are ready.(Epiphany) This same thing could be done for the Elites couldn’t it?
>
> Thoughts?

Given that Humanoid Hunters doesn’t make very much canonical sense, and that it would throw off balance, I think that we should reintroduce Elites into Multiplayer and even let Brutes join the fun before we add a completely new race.

> > If clicked on this I have to say i don’t mean the hulk smash monsters we know but a smaller more humaniod version of them. Hunters are already pretty humanoid but what i mean something like the Alpha Big Daddies to whose who have played Bioshock.
>
> I believe that you should do some research on the way that Lekgolo Worms link together to form colonies. You might find that it wouldn’t be quite possible for them to form into one smaller form.
>
>
>
> > Basically this, just with the shield being smaller, no cannon arm and no visable weak points. The reason for no visible weak points i, if i recall corretly the reason the hunters had those in the first place was so the Covenant would kill them if they ever rebelled.
>
> Another problem: How would this work with Mulitplayer? Would the shield give the player extra protection or would it be purely cosmetic? How would you customize your armor?
>
>
>
> > A hunter type that is basically an Alpha Big Daddy. Smaller, yet still very capable. It would be easy for them to have very unique things about them like a shield similar to The Clone Assassins for melee.
>
> Being able to play as a species that has different abilities than Spartans doesn’t equal balance in my mind, and I’m still having trouble figuring out how this makes canonical sense.
>
>
>
> > The could have a think armored layer instead of shields, which would give them a backwards advantage.
> >
> > Spartans- Shields weak to plasma, armor weak against projectiles.
> >
> > Hunters- Hull weak to projectiles, while flesh is weak to plasma.
>
> This right here does allow some balance, but it would make the humanoid hunters have to be exclusive to separate gamemodes like invasion.
>
>
>
> > Or Vise Versa
> >
> > Of course certain features would be different from the other hunters. The Spines would be much smaller compared to larger Hunters.
>
> Wouldn’t the spines look weird when the player has a weapon on his/her back? It would seem very broken looking.
>
>
>
> > A back story would be easy.
> >
> > These Hunters have sided with us and want to show their loyalty in serving our armed forces. They even have taken on a basic human look and size.( or Spartan)
>
> There are Hunters sided with the Elite Separatists and the UNSC during Halo 2/3. While I’m not sure if that alliance still exists as of now, they wouldn’t have to change their common form just to show loyalty to the humans.
>
>
>
> > Unique look, assassinations, awhile still being the same size as a Spartan.
> >
> > I’m not a big fan of Canon MP but this could easily go in well. The Hunters could be training aboard the Infinity or on an off site location where, when they feel the need to train the just hook up to the system and they are ready.(Epiphany) This same thing could be done for the Elites couldn’t it?
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Given that Humanoid Hunters doesn’t make very much canonical sense, and that it would throw off balance, I think that we should reintroduce Elites into Multiplayer and even let Brutes join the fun before we add a completely new race.

  1. Funny how they can do that but choose not to.

  2. Great, your questioning the shield even before you read the entire post.

  3. I nver said they had different abilities only that the shield would react like the clone assassins blades when the Hunter melee. Its not like it would be hard to make up a reason why these Hunters never saw full combat in the war. There are many things in the Covenant that they didn’t send against us.

  4. What are you even talking about. How does the spines on the back of the Hunter change how the gun looks. You are just trying to find things to complain about.

  5. Yet again…WHAT! I said they want to show their loyalty by serving in our armed forces not to being in human shape. The human shape was to make it easier for them to use our tech and other items. You say i need to look up Hunter lore but you don’t even know why they sided with the elites in Halo 2 and why some were with the brutes in 3.

most were with the Elites because they honored them more as warriors many sided with the Brutes out of fear that when the war was over, if they lost their homewould would be destroyed and clearly Halo 4 shows Hunters with the Elites, Hunter joining up with us because Thel is with us isn’t far of a stretch for story.

  1. Adding in brutes so we don’t have to add in another race in MP, adding in Brutes is adding another race into MP, not to mention they were in Halo before the brutes were.

If this is something that has just developed in the story then it could be made canon. The future isn’t canon but the past and present are.