New pistol looks pointless

A 6sk weapon with 8 rounds per clip? it sounds pretty much pointless and is just a weapon you would throw away the second you run into anything better. Atleast the reach pistol had an edge in CQB but at 6sk the weapon seems pointless save for as a rare worst case scenario.

In halo a genuine “side arm” aka a weapon that is inferior in every way to your main weapon is nothing more than clutter. onc eyou kill your first enemy whatever they are useing will likely be instantly picked up and the pistol discarded.

Halo has always had powerful pistols save h3’s, hell in the defining halo title it was the MAIN weapon! So why has the pistol become what looks to be pretty much a worthless placeholder? At the very least the p[istol should be a 5sk like the BR and DMR and with a 12rd clip and a CE sized reticule.

anyway what do you think about the new pistol?

Its called a side arm / Support weapon. not every gun is suppose to be a main slayer tool. Objective games has different roles and combining the magnum with other weapons is good for supporting.

If you dont like it dont use it that simple.

It’s called a magnum.

Saying “Pistol” for this iconic weapon is weird.

Anyways, yes I agree.

It used to be a power weapon and should still be a power weapon. They can bring in new pistols.

It’s just fine. The magnum is a pistol, and pistols shouldn’t be as strong or stronger than an actual rifle. It’s pretty good if your primary weapon runs out of ammo and you need something to finish off an enemy.

It fell victim to the increase-kill-times cancer. I don’t see people using it even for clean up kills.

It’s meant to be a sidearm you switch to when your opponent has no shield, or you run out of ammo in your other weapon.

Also, with things like Speed Boost, you can switch weapons faster, which allows the switch to Magnum for the final headshot much easier.

> Its called a side arm / Support weapon. not every gun is suppose to be a main slayer tool. Objective games has different roles and combining the magnum with other weapons is good for supporting.
>
> If you dont like it dont use it that simple.

Plasma Pistol can drop shields, and the DMR, Carbine, and BR do literally everything the Magnum does, but better in every way.

The Magnum has went from “when I have to, it can be okay” to just plain worthless. The Magnum has no role anymore, it is just a weaker DMR with a lot less range.

The pistole (magnum excuse me) doesn’t need to be as powerful this time around. There is an expanded sandbox and you get to choose your starting weapons where in Reach you had to worry about DMR vs AR start, where in the AR starts you needed the magnum to be reliable. I think it’s fine the mag. Is 6sk now although I think 343i should up the clip to 10.

I hope theres an option to not even spawn with it…that way you can pick up other weapons faster…

> I hope theres an option to not even spawn with it…that way you can pick up other weapons faster…

Good news!, you can spawn with the plasma pistol or use the firepower specialization to spawn with two primaries such as the ever classic BR/AR.

> > I hope theres an option to not even spawn with it…that way you can pick up other weapons faster…
>
>
> Good news!, you can spawn with the plasma pistol or use the firepower specialization to spawn with two primaries such as the ever classic BR/AR.

That’s not what he said.

Spawning with any secondary weapon takes time (Hit Y) before picking up a power weapon. Spawning without a secondary just makes it easier to pick up a weapon, as you hold B as you walk over it.

> It’s called a magnum.
>
> Saying “Pistol” for this iconic weapon is weird.
>
> Anyways, yes I agree.
>
> It used to be a power weapon and should still be a power weapon. They can bring in new pistols.

umm sorry i started playing halo when i was 15 when CE dropped, we all called it the pistol back then. You must be new?

> > I hope theres an option to not even spawn with it…that way you can pick up other weapons faster…
>
>
> Good news!, you can spawn with the plasma pistol or use the firepower specialization to spawn with two primaries such as the ever classic BR/AR.

True, i hope halo 4 isnt everyone just noob comboing each other…

>
>

Im glad the Warlord Perk is in ROFL

> > Its called a side arm / Support weapon. not every gun is suppose to be a main slayer tool. Objective games has different roles and combining the magnum with other weapons is good for supporting.
> >
> > If you dont like it dont use it that simple.
>
> Plasma Pistol can drop shields, and the DMR, Carbine, and BR do literally everything the Magnum does, but better in every way.
>
> The Magnum has went from “when I have to, it can be okay” to just plain worthless. The Magnum has no role anymore, it is just a weaker DMR with a lot less range.

Right, a magnum. What’s the problem here?

Personally I just want it back to a 5sk and if they could maybe increase the ammo clip size to 12.

> > It’s called a magnum.
> >
> > Saying “Pistol” for this iconic weapon is weird.
> >
> > Anyways, yes I agree.
> >
> > It used to be a power weapon and should still be a power weapon. They can bring in new pistols.
>
> umm sorry i started playing halo when i was 15 when CE dropped, we all called it the pistol back then. You must be new?

Of course you would. But you’ve obviously played with it enough to call it by it’s name.

> > > I hope theres an option to not even spawn with it…that way you can pick up other weapons faster…
> >
> >
> > Good news!, you can spawn with the plasma pistol or use the firepower specialization to spawn with two primaries such as the ever classic BR/AR.
>
> That’s not what he said.
>
> Spawning with any secondary weapon takes time (Hit Y) before picking up a power weapon. Spawning without a secondary just makes it easier to pick up a weapon, as you hold B as you walk over it.

I knew what he ment. But I said that to point out it isn’t necessary and that he can spawn with two good weapons.

nm

I think the point is to make the pistol a side arm, not a primary. Changing the damage output kinda screws that up.