New Physics of halo 5

So for as long as i could imagine all the halo games have been the same physics you can run move left, right up down, jump high and crouch jump. All cool stuff if your into the past and thats your style of gaming now along came battlefeild with realistic levels that fall apart as you shoot things cool right actualy physics placed into a game. Then came titan fall and -Yoink- got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.

Now heres where some old school game may be like no never evolve.

WHat if halo gameplay Physics became as those such things let me share some scenarios below and please read all and really thing about it before passing judgement

first lets say your shooting at a guy with a BR and you also have a rocket launcher and this dude run behind like a wall just a concrete wall right not to thick and in past halo games if you shot it with the rocket launcher the dude was most likely safe behind the wall well not in new halo physics the walls gone well a portion of it and now this guy has to rethink how he takes cover has to be fast on his feet to make his next move.

another thing i when you rush a person with the sword you basicaly were unbeatable unless the dude as fast with a shotty or got a few rounds off on you before you got close enough to kill, but other then that you were basically SOL now lets add some awesome spartan physics to the game lets say you both are rushing each other you got a fe shots into him but need to reload but the gap just got smaller and he pulled out the energy sword and the melee button on your end may be overpowered t this point unless you strafe left or right and get lucky but now with the new gen you have multiple choices from this point. Now at this point the guy with the sword thinks he has you in his killdar but suddenly as you both sprint towards each other you jump left onto a rock and then do a ninja flip over him and grab your enemy while at the same time you plunge a knife into his kneck now thats a game changer again tactics have to be thought out the days of the simple melee button in the past and the new holy crap ninja spartan flips and just doing actual super soldier tactics and abilities things a spartan should be able to use will be applied.

And i know some may reject this form of combat saying things from that would just complicate things to this would kill the nature of halo gaming. and heres my rebut to that stuff the nature of halo gaming has always been to evolve i mean -Yoink- it was called halo combat evolved and lets not deny it we have all had the wet dream of playing as a spartan and running through gunfire as your hopping over and slidding on things and over things only to be up in someones fce and blast them like how one of the members of red team jumpd on an honor guard elite and shot him with two smg’s i mean comeone wouldnt you want to be able to do that or do a back flip off a brutes face i mean all the things you saw happen in the cutscenes or in shorts like when mastercheif was hiding behind the knights only to drop a frag and rush them with guns i mean comeone who wouldnt want that kinda combat.

And to all the veteran players think of it as a new challenge a new way of gaming to master or shun away from and stick to the simple jump crouch jump shoo style hey thats cool but lets play like spartan were sapposed to play as.

Are your punctuation keys broken or something?

> So for as long as i could imagine all the halo games have been the same physics you can run move left, right up down, jump high and crouch jump. All cool stuff if your into the past and thats your style of gaming now along came battlefeild with realistic levels that fall apart as you shoot things cool right actualy physics placed into a game. Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.
>
> Now heres where some old school game may be like no never evolve.
>
> WHat if halo gameplay Physics became as those such things let me share some scenarios below and please read all and really thing about it before passing judgement
>
> first lets say your shooting at a guy with a BR and you also have a rocket launcher and this dude run behind like a wall just a concrete wall right not to thick and in past halo games if you shot it with the rocket launcher the dude was most likely safe behind the wall well not in new halo physics the walls gone well a portion of it and now this guy has to rethink how he takes cover has to be fast on his feet to make his next move.
>
> another thing i when you rush a person with the sword you basicaly were unbeatable unless the dude as fast with a shotty or got a few rounds off on you before you got close enough to kill, but other then that you were basically SOL now lets add some awesome spartan physics to the game lets say you both are rushing each other you got a fe shots into him but need to reload but the gap just got smaller and he pulled out the energy sword and the melee button on your end may be overpowered t this point unless you strafe left or right and get lucky but now with the new gen you have multiple choices from this point. Now at this point the guy with the sword thinks he has you in his killdar but suddenly as you both sprint towards each other you jump left onto a rock and then do a ninja flip over him and grab your enemy while at the same time you plunge a knife into his kneck now thats a game changer again tactics have to be thought out the days of the simple melee button in the past and the new holy crap ninja spartan flips and just doing actual super soldier tactics and abilities things a spartan should be able to use will be applied.
>
> And i know some may reject this form of combat saying things from that would just complicate things to this would kill the nature of halo gaming. and heres my rebut to that stuff the nature of halo gaming has always been to evolve i mean Yoink! it was called halo combat evolved and <mark>lets not deny it we have all had the wet dream of playing as a spartan and running through gunfire as your hopping over and slidding on things and over things only to be up in someones fce and blast them</mark> like how one of the members of red team jumpd on an honor guard elite and shot him with two smg’s i mean comeone wouldnt you want to be able to do that or do a back flip off a brutes face i mean all the things you saw happen in the cutscenes or in shorts like when mastercheif was hiding behind the knights only to drop a frag and rush them with guns i mean comeone who wouldnt want that kinda combat.
>
> And to all the veteran players think of it as a new challenge a new way of gaming to master or shun away from and stick to the simple jump crouch jump shoo style hey thats cool but lets play like spartan were sapposed to play as.

I haven’t had that dream yet.
Other than that, I’ll have to disagree with most of what you said. I agree with you about evolving Halo, not just in the way you are proposing.

> > <mark>lets not deny it we have all had the wet dream of playing as a spartan and running through gunfire as your hopping over and slidding on things and over things only to be up in someones fce and blast them</mark>
>
> I haven’t had that dream yet.
> Other than that, I’ll have to disagree with most of what you said. I agree with you about evolving Halo, not just in the way you are proposing.

+1

It’s cool to visualize while reading the books, and awesome to watch in cinematics and the various animated pieces of the extended Universe, but it’s not something I’ve ever wanted to see nor even thought of seeing in actual gameplay.

I honestly don’t know what I’d think if I saw that as basic features in H5’s multiplayer, but I’d try and adapt anyway. However, I strongly doubt that’s the direction 343’s taking it. What we see in cutscenes doesn’t always reflect what we can do or should be able to do in-game.

Your first idea: No, because halo is an arena shooter where everything is meant to be as even and equal as possible, this would just make maps too random.

Your second idea: Definitely not, how the devil would you be able to perform that using an Xbox remote? The only way that could ever be implemented into any halo game ever is in a cutscene

> So for as long as i could imagine all the halo games have been the same physics you can run move left, right up down, jump high and crouch jump. All cool stuff if your into the past and thats your style of gaming now along came battlefeild with realistic levels that fall apart as you shoot things cool right actualy physics placed into a game. Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.
>
> Now heres where some old school game may be like no never evolve.
>
> WHat if halo gameplay Physics became as those such things let me share some scenarios below and please read all and really thing about it before passing judgement
>
> first lets say your shooting at a guy with a BR and you also have a rocket launcher and this dude run behind like a wall just a concrete wall right not to thick and in past halo games if you shot it with the rocket launcher the dude was most likely safe behind the wall well not in new halo physics the walls gone well a portion of it and now this guy has to rethink how he takes cover has to be fast on his feet to make his next move.
>
> another thing i when you rush a person with the sword you basicaly were unbeatable unless the dude as fast with a shotty or got a few rounds off on you before you got close enough to kill, but other then that you were basically SOL now lets add some awesome spartan physics to the game lets say you both are rushing each other you got a fe shots into him but need to reload but the gap just got smaller and he pulled out the energy sword and the melee button on your end may be overpowered t this point unless you strafe left or right and get lucky but now with the new gen you have multiple choices from this point. Now at this point the guy with the sword thinks he has you in his killdar but suddenly as you both sprint towards each other you jump left onto a rock and then do a ninja flip over him and grab your enemy while at the same time you plunge a knife into his kneck now thats a game changer again tactics have to be thought out the days of the simple melee button in the past and the new holy crap ninja spartan flips and just doing actual super soldier tactics and abilities things a spartan should be able to use will be applied.
>
> And i know some may reject this form of combat saying things from that would just complicate things to this would kill the nature of halo gaming. and heres my rebut to that stuff the nature of halo gaming has always been to evolve i mean Yoink! it was called halo combat evolved and lets not deny it we have all had the wet dream of playing as a spartan and running through gunfire as your hopping over and slidding on things and over things only to be up in someones fce and blast them like how one of the members of red team jumpd on an honor guard elite and shot him with two smg’s i mean comeone wouldnt you want to be able to do that or do a back flip off a brutes face i mean all the things you saw happen in the cutscenes or in shorts like when mastercheif was hiding behind the knights only to drop a frag and rush them with guns i mean comeone who wouldnt want that kinda combat.
>
> And to all the veteran players think of it as a new challenge a new way of gaming to master or shun away from and stick to the simple jump crouch jump shoo style hey thats cool but lets play like spartan were sapposed to play as.

Firstly aint even gonna read all that… way to cluttered… probably better re-organize…

Secondly, generally with suggestions a poll is needed to get the visual differentiating views of the parties…

Thirdly, you say its old controls and mechanics… we say its Halo… DO NOT COPY OTHER FRANCHISES MECHANICS OR METHODS… they could be ‘manipulated’ to fit Halo’s sandbox… but Halo should not be catered to fit theirs…

> “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”

Why? WHY? WHY?!?

Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?

> > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
>
> Why? WHY? WHY?!?
>
> Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?

Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.

> > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> >
> > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> >
> > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
>
> Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.

Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.

> > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > >
> > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > >
> > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> >
> > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
>
> Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.

Titanfall does have a campaign. Just a really, really, really, really bad one. It’s more of a tutorial.

But yeah, Titanfall was never meant to have a narrative so that’s kind of a moot point.

> > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > >
> > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > >
> > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> >
> > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
>
> Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.

But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.

> > > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > > >
> > > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > > >
> > > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> > >
> > > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
> >
> > Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.
>
> But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.

So did Titanfall when you think about it. XD
But like I said before, the game was never meant to have a story mode. They just shoehorned it in at the last second.

> > > > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > > > >
> > > > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > > > >
> > > > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> > > >
> > > > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
> > >
> > > Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.
> >
> > But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.
>
> So did Titanfall when you think about it. XD
> But like I said before, the game was never meant to have a story mode. They just shoehorned it in at the last second.

Oh yeah I know lol I’m just saying I rather TF no campaign rather then COD “story”.

> > > > > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> > > > >
> > > > > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
> > > >
> > > > Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.
> > >
> > > But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.
> >
> > So did Titanfall when you think about it. XD
> > But like I said before, the game was never meant to have a story mode. They just shoehorned it in at the last second.
>
> Oh yeah I know lol I’m just saying I rather TF no campaign rather then COD “story”.

Yep! I’m glad they didn’t. I don’t play it much since I’m not much of an ADS “Shooter guy” but it’s definitely fun to run around Last Titan Standing :slight_smile:

> > > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > > >
> > > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > > >
> > > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> > >
> > > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
> >
> > Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.
>
> But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.

In terms of storytelling, Call of Duty leaves every other AAA franchise in the dust, Halo included. In fact, it and Halo are polar opposites; CoD has a strong plot carrying weak gameplay, while Halo has excellent gameplay let down by insipid storytelling. Take a step back and actually look at the plots; Halo 2 was the last time the writers tried anything remotely ambitious.

I realize I’m probably going to get some angry responses, because you’re not allowed to say anything good about Call of Duty on a Halo website, so I’ll take this moment to present my response to your complaints in advance.

> > > > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > > > >
> > > > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > > > >
> > > > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> > > >
> > > > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
> > >
> > > Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.
> >
> > But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.
>
> In terms of storytelling, Call of Duty leaves every other AAA franchise in the dust, Halo included. In fact, it and Halo are polar opposites; CoD has a strong plot carrying weak gameplay, while Halo has excellent gameplay let down by insipid storytelling. Take a step back and actually look at the plots; Halo 2 was the last time the writers tried anything remotely ambitious.

H4 was good, COD has literally the worst writing since bayformers I agree that 3 and Reach were bad but COD has had the same story since COD4 to tell me that it has a strong story is kind of well…not right.

> > > > > > > “Then came titan fall and Yoink! got real i mean seriously you can run up a building to the next hop one wall run accross another its like ninja stuff right.”
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Why? WHY? WHY?!?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Titanfall is one of the most generic, unimaginative shooters ever created. The kindest way I can describe it is as a watered-down Section 8 with an inflated price tag. It does nothing that hasn’t been done better a thousand times before. Why do so many people buy into the marketing and hold it up as the holy grail of gaming?
> > > > >
> > > > > Because what it sets out to do it does damn well. The kindest way I can describe it is as the game Call of Duty should have been.
> > > >
> > > > Call of Duty at least has the decency to put a campaign out.
> > >
> > > But COD has a really really bad campaign with unclever twists and bad story telling.
> >
> > In terms of storytelling, Call of Duty leaves every other AAA franchise in the dust, Halo included. In fact, it and Halo are polar opposites; CoD has a strong plot carrying weak gameplay, while Halo has excellent gameplay let down by insipid storytelling. Take a step back and actually look at the plots; Halo 2 was the last time the writers tried anything remotely ambitious.
>
> H4 was good, COD has literallyt he worst writing since bayformers I agree that 3 and Reach were bad but COD has had the same story since COD4 to tell me that it has a strong story is kind of well…not right.

Halo 4 was not good. Halo 4 was weak even by recent Halo standards in the story department. It barely had a plot beyond “run to the next waypoint marker to plug Cortana in”. It’s almost painful to compare it to, say, Black Ops, which could be adapted into a solid political/action thriller.

As for your complaint every CoD has the same storyline, this simply makes no sense. I’d love to hear you expand on it, though I find myself doubting you’ve even played the games. Like I said, “CALLADOOTY IS BAD” has been imprinted so strongly on the minds of the masses that I doubt you’d even let yourself consider anything I’m saying before you jump to deny it.

> snip

While I 100% disagree with the H4 part we shall not go into that further as our opinions differ by a lot. But again COD presents nothing besides cheesy twists AND let me stop there, since you want to insult me and assume things about me I am done with this.

Also I unfortunatly have either played or watched every COD story…IMO to hate something you must fully know it.

> > snip
>
> While I 100% disagree with the H4 part we shall not go into that further as our opinions differ by a lot. But again COD presents nothing besides cheesy twists AND let me stop there, since you want to insult me and assume things about me I am done with this.
>
> Also I unfortunatly have either played or watched every COD story…IMO to hate something you must fully know it.

I know plenty of people who can’t hear Call of Duty mentioned without hating on it, and cheerfully admit they’ve only played it once round a friend’s house without any indication this undermines their opinion.

Now, please mention one twist in Halo that you wouldn’t consider cheesy.

> In terms of storytelling, Call of Duty leaves every other AAA franchise in the dust, Halo included. In fact, it and Halo are polar opposites; CoD has a strong plot carrying weak gameplay, while Halo has excellent gameplay let down by insipid storytelling. Take a step back and actually look at the plots; Halo 2 was the last time the writers tried anything remotely ambitious.
>
> I realize I’m probably going to get some angry responses, because you’re not allowed to say anything good about Call of Duty on a Halo website, so I’ll take this moment to present my response to your complaints in advance.

You should really watch escapist’s zero punctuation series and listen to this guy absolutely trash the story in COD. COD campaigns are really not that good.

The idea of COD is fun, I enjoyed COD 4, which incidentally had the strongest campaign IMO. Where the idea of COD is bad comes from releasing a new one every year that is almost exactly the same. I will not buy another COD (last one was MW2)simply on principle that I should not have to pay $60 for an expansion for a mediocre campaign and a copy paste multiplayer with a few new maps, guns, and features. Which is why I liked Titanfall even the the story was GOD AWFUL.

OT: I think those actions you described OP may better be left in a cutscene, because if we were to include those in game play it might not be anything more than a QTE (counter-knifing in BF4). It would be really cool to see a spartan doing flips and ish over a sword lunging elite though.