New ONI Spartan = Marlowe?

This was posted on thewrap.com in an article about Ridley Scott’s upcoming digital Halo series:

Expected to follow the same format as Machinima’s “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn,” the story is set in the 26th century and follows a surgically-enhanced super soldier who is not Master Chief, TheWrap has learned.

Instead, Colter is expected to play Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.

Article Link

So anyways, anyone thinking this new character in Halo 5: Guardians may be the same one slated to be featured in Scott’s project? If so, that means we may be getting our first look at him in action before the end of the year!

Whether he is or is not, I’m really intrigued by the concept of having another character related to ONI involved in the story. They are one of my favorite aspects of Halo, and I love seeing them brought into the forefront of the games.

Scotts digital feature is set to launch later this year. So it would make a bit of sense to build up this new character via a live action short. We could get to know his back story and well as his Personality to build him up for Halo 5.

This actually makes some sense.

This is being covered here:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst242485_Halo-5--Guardians-REVEALED--Update-2--NewGuy.aspx