New object at the beginning of the level 'HALO'

The first time I played Anniversary I noticed something peculiar after I exited the escape pod, whilst standing on the bridge I investigated the improved graphics of Anniversary and found something in the ocean that wasn’t in the original game. At first glance it looks like an island but it is too shaped to be natural, my first thought was that it might be the Pillar of Autumn but then I realized it couldn’t be. After playing through the campaign further and watching the terminal where 343 GS talks about the mysterious ship that crash landed on the installation I was even more confused, if it was in fact that mysterious ship that I found then why was it in the ocean? I suppose an ocean could have formed on that sector of the ring over a large period of time but there is no knowing for certain.

Perhaps what ever this thing is was actually in the original CE but the games low resolution kept it from being visible. I really don’t have a clue. I can’t take any pictures but perhaps you could see it yourself? Just look out to the ocean on the level ‘Halo’ and switch between the original and improved graphics until you find it.

I will also re-post this in the Universe forum because I believe it holds some significance there.

Delta

Interesting… I’ll have to check this out.

> The first time I played Anniversary I noticed something peculiar after I exited the escape pod, whilst standing on the bridge I investigated the improved graphics of Anniversary and found something in the ocean that wasn’t in the original game.

I just scanned over the ocean and found nothing that couldn’t pass as an island.

> Perhaps what ever this thing is was actually in the original CE but the games low resolution kept it from being visible.

This doesn’t really hold. Classic mode is rendered in just as high resolution as the CEA visuals, Halo PC (which has been out for over eight years) can render in far higher resolutions than either (and nowadays handily tromps on CEA in numerous other image quality metrics), and even the original game on native hardware isn’t astronomically lower res than CEA (480 lines is a semi-respectable 2/3rds of 720 lines).

Resolution isn’t really a hindrance here.

> > The first time I played Anniversary I noticed something peculiar after I exited the escape pod, whilst standing on the bridge I investigated the improved graphics of Anniversary and found something in the ocean that wasn’t in the original game.
>
> I just scanned over the ocean and found nothing that couldn’t pass as an island.
>
>
>
> > Perhaps what ever this thing is was actually in the original CE but the games low resolution kept it from being visible.
>
> This doesn’t really hold. Classic mode is rendered in just as high resolution as the CEA visuals, Halo PC (which has been out for over eight years) can render in far higher resolutions than either (and nowadays handily tromps on CEA in numerous other image quality metrics), and even the original game on native hardware isn’t astronomically lower res than CEA (480 lines is a semi-respectable 2/3rds of 720 lines).
>
> Resolution isn’t really a hindrance here.

1. I’ll get back to you.
  2. It was really just a guess.

You know what? I looked at it from another angle and it seems to be another island. Sorry guys, I let my imagination run wild with this.

Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.

> Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.

Legendary Golden Banshee? Please elaborate.

> Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.

Maybe…

Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.

> > Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.
>
> Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.

One question. How did you become a boss and be able to survive that drop?

> > > Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.
> >
> > Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.
>
> One question. How did you become a boss and be able to survive that drop?

I used a mod to see if I could make it over to the island. Normally, I wouldn’t use it, but someone mentioned that something could happen if you try to go over to the island.

> > > > Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.
> > >
> > > Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.
> >
> > One question. How did you become a boss and be able to survive that drop?
>
> I used a mod to see if I could make it over to the island. Normally, I wouldn’t use it, but someone mentioned that something could happen if you try to go over to the island.

Careful, discussing modified content is against the rules.

> > > > > Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.
> > > >
> > > > Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.
> > >
> > > One question. How did you become a boss and be able to survive that drop?
> >
> > I used a mod to see if I could make it over to the island. Normally, I wouldn’t use it, but someone mentioned that something could happen if you try to go over to the island.
>
> Careful, discussing modified content is against the rules.

I’m no monitor, but I would call that statement fair game (it’s like a grey area). As long as we don’t get into any specifics beyond that. It is bad nonetheless, however.

Thanks for answering the question though, although the response was a bit questionable. Appreciate it!

> > Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.
>
> Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.

Thankyou for doing that anyway, can you see why I might have thought what I did?

Honestly, I can see why you thought it wasn’t an island.

> Honestly, I can see why you thought it wasn’t an island.

The difference in shade to the rest of the islands and its three sections made me think, a bit too much.

> > > > > Maybe if you find a way of getting to this island you can get the Legendary Golden Banshee. Just a possibility.
> > > >
> > > > Good luck with that. Here’s a video for everyone, if you’re still confused.Enjoy.
> > >
> > > One question. How did you become a boss and be able to survive that drop?
> >
> > I used a mod to see if I could make it over to the island. Normally, I wouldn’t use it, but someone mentioned that something could happen if you try to go over to the island.
>
> Careful, discussing modified content is against the rules.

I know, thanks.