New Music Composer for Halo 4?

Now that its 343 this time around and not bungie I was just thinking, will Marty be working and making a new score for this new game. For those of you that don’t know this is the man that created all of the halo soundtracks, the backbone for the games epic, ancient/futuristic feel that we know and love. I just feel it wouldn’t be the same without his talent.

I am honestly hoping so.

Halo isnt halo with the music from Marty.

I’d assume so.

simply because it isn’t Halo without marty’s monks.

While Marty’s music was taken into account for Halo Wars, he did not create any music for the project. This will most likely be the case with Halo 4. Marty O’Donnell is an employee of Bungie Studios.

Marty said he was done composing Halo music after Reach, including anything else made for the franchise.

Let the man rest.

Get the team behind Halo Wars music though, they served a very faithful score.

Last I checked, Sotaro Tojima is the audio director at 343. He worked on Metal Gear Solid 4.

Marty is a heavy inspiration for the Halo music and everything going forward. He will be missed and he will never be able to be copied but the short answer is no, Marty along with the rest of Bungie has nothing to do going forward with Halo.

They should hire Hans Zimmer.

I know Marty is a part of Bungie, but do you think he would still be interested in doing it for them? I can’t imagine it without him.

I’d imagine him doing bits and pieces on Halo 4’s soundtrack, if Bungie let him. But most of the work will probably be made by another composer.

On Marty’s Twitter it said,

> MartyTheElder:
> Remember the song “Tears of a clown”? For some reason it’s in my head today.

Which Vic Deleon replied

> vicdeleon:
> @MartyTheElder stop being bitter, you old man :stuck_out_tongue:

This was after Vic had said that he was “Sincerely proud to say I’m a Lead Mission Artist working with an all-star team at 343i on #Halo4”.
I’m thinking that this is saying that Marty is bitter he is not working on the project.

I personally would prefer some hollywood composer doing the score, think Hans Zimmer (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2), Harry Gregson-Williams (Metal Gear Solid 2; 3; 4) or Steve Jablonsky (Gears of War 2; 3; Command and Conquer) but that’s just me =)

I loved Jack Wall’s stuff on Mass Effect 2.

Grim

I remember reading some interview with Marty a little while ago where he was asked if he was going to do the soundtrack for future Halo games.

I’m pretty sure he said that he would consider it if he was asked, and if Bungie were ok with it.

I don’t really see this happening though. I’d be content if they got the composer who worked on Halo Wars. I think he did a pretty good job.

Whatever they do, I’m sure it’ll be good.

He better.

While halo is still not truly Halo without bungie, 343 do show that they have a lot in common with bungie, they interact with us a lot, though not as much as Bungie, and without the trademark humor.

Still, Halo CERTAINLY is not Halo without Marty and his chanting monks.

As much as I love Marty, Halo Wars had some pretty amazing music as well. So, Marty or not, I just want the music to be up to Halo standards.

this will be differnt game

The person who scored Halo Legends.

I don’t know. I really hope marty has something to do with it. He nails that halo feel in his music.

> The person who scored Halo Legends.

oh god please no. Am I the only one who absolutely hated the legends soundtrack?