NEW Map SPECULATION! + other tidbits

In May, Frankie wrote a Bulletin, and in this bulletin, he talked about a map the team was working on:

> One map in particular gave me a really excellent vibe – <mark>a mix of my favorite aspects of Blood Gulch and Waterworks</mark>. Don’t just mash those ideas up in your head to imagine the map, because that won’t really get you there. But you’ll know what I mean when you play it.

Now, this was a while ago; far before E3, ComicCon and RTX. Since then, we’ve seen Longbow, a BTB map. This map shares (in my opinion) a couple similarities of both Blood Gulch and Waterworks. But what I was wondering was this: is Longbow the map that Frankie was alluding to? I feel, actually, that it isn’t, and that we have yet to see this map.

I believe this map is still under the wraps, awaiting it’s reveal closer to the release of Halo 4. Adding to this, a while back on NeoGaf, Frankie had released the name for Longbow (this post that I’m talking about I cannot find, but if I do, I’ll link it). This was before the talk of the certain features revealed in the Bulletin. I doubt Frankie would give us both a name and map details without addressing any correlation between them, therefore making us believe that there are two separate maps.

This also makes me wonder, how many BTB maps will we be receiving at launch? And since Frankie already revealed that there would definitely be a remake in Halo 4 (again, I don’t have the link, but it was from ComicCon), maybe we’ll be seeing even more maps with features like classic maps. In my opinion, BTB maps are the best of the franchise, and as my personal favorite maps were BTB maps, I’m hoping that some of these new maps do show up as BTB maps, or at least Squad-Slayer sized.

This is all speculation, of course. I’m really excited for this map, even though we hardly know nothing of it. I wonder when we’ll be up to date with all the maps being released with the game.

Before I finish the post, there’s another thing that I believe the community didn’t extract from the bulletin. Is it possible that the Jetpack was already hinted at, right under our noses?

> Oh. And on the subject of MP maps – we have a great variety of maps, with a good breakup of sizes and modes – but on larger maps, vehicle support was a big priority for the design team. Ironically, this is something that becomes a little easier to tune thanks to the universal inclusion of sprint. <mark>If your teammate spazzes out and sails off a cliff in your hog, you still have options.</mark>

That highlighted line makes me think of a few videos of Halo Reach multiplayer I’ve seen, where an enemy hijacks a warthog and drives it off the cliff, while the person that got highjacked safely makes it back up with his jetpack.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

I’m not trying to bump this, but does nobody have anything to say about this mysterious map? Any ideas?

If you hadn’t put “no leaks”, this topic would be buzzing.

You’ll learn :wink:

> If you hadn’t put “no leaks”, this topic would be buzzing.
>
> You’ll learn :wink:

Yeah, I’m not much of a thread-maker. I prefer to post randomly or lurk.

Anyways, Fix’d it. :wink:

> If you hadn’t put “no leaks”, this topic would be buzzing.
>
> You’ll learn :wink:

That’s the funny part. Although, it still prompted me to click because I was wondering how he found a new map without leaks. XD

On topic, I’m not really sure what the topic is about. This map that was hinted at, what else is there to say about it?

> > If you hadn’t put “no leaks”, this topic would be buzzing.
> >
> > You’ll learn :wink:
>
> Yeah, I’m not much of a thread-maker. I prefer to post randomly or lurk.
>
> Anyways, Fix’d it. :wink:

No no no! You want “New Map Details!!!1!one!!11!!eleven!! + Info” or something jazzy like that. Everyone will forget how they got sucked in when they read the excellently-crafted OP.

Of course we’re flogging a dead horse a bit here, but next time…I’ll be watching :slight_smile:

> > > If you hadn’t put “no leaks”, this topic would be buzzing.
> > >
> > > You’ll learn :wink:
> >
> > Yeah, I’m not much of a thread-maker. I prefer to post randomly or lurk.
> >
> > Anyways, Fix’d it. :wink:
>
> No no no! You want “New Map Details!!!1!one!!11!!eleven!! + Info” or something jazzy like that. Everyone will forget how they got sucked in when they read the excellently-crafted OP.
>
> Of course we’re flogging a dead horse a bit here, but next time…I’ll be watching :slight_smile:

Ah, well, that’s too bad. I guess I’ll make another thread like this in a while, when we might have SOME information about the map instead of one mysterious line wedged in between the lettuce and pickles of a big Bulletin sandwich.

> > If you hadn’t put “no leaks”, this topic would be buzzing.
> >
> > You’ll learn :wink:
>
> That’s the funny part. Although, it still prompted me to click because I was wondering how he found a new map without leaks. XD
>
> <mark>On topic, I’m not really sure what the topic is about. This map that was hinted at, what else is there to say about it?</mark>