"New" map riptide.

New map riptide, or should we just call it dusty fathom?

Since 343 insists on zero originality they could at least do us a favor and remake good maps instead of their own mediocre/bad maps.

Did you really expect 343i to make something new?

Lmao it is a dusty fathom isn’t it haha
i only played the map once but i knew it felt familiar…

The february update will include a brand new map (not a remix), Bravo has confirmed this on the January livestream. He also said more content updates will include new maps that are not remixes and they have heard the feedback on remix maps.

To be honest, 343i atleast has put effort in making Riptide feel and look different enough to be a new experience, but I agree we should not have remix maps at all.

I don’t really get what the beef is about these remix maps. A few blocks stolen from another map are going to ruin the whole experience for you? That’s pathetic. I played a game on Riptide last night and I thought it was a really nice map, probably one of the furthest from Fathom (my least favourite map) gameplay wise. Aesthetically you can see it uses the same building blocks, but I think they’ve done a brilliant job of roughing it up, the colour pallet for example is beautiful and the semi under water parts near the fuel rod look amazing. There are plenty of things wrong with Halo 5 but this isn’t one of them.

> 2533274802103078;6:
> I don’t really get what the beef is about these remix maps. A few blocks stolen from another map are going to ruin the whole experience for you? That’s pathetic. I played a game on Riptide last night and I thought it was a really nice map, probably one of the furthest from Fathom (my least favourite map) gameplay wise. Aesthetically you can see it uses the same building blocks, but I think they’ve done a brilliant job of roughing it up, the colour pallet for example is beautiful and the semi under water parts near the fuel rod look amazing. There are plenty of things wrong with Halo 5 but this isn’t one of them.

Except its not a few blocks, on overgrowth for example, half the map (Camo side) resembles the Red spawn to Sniper spawn area.

plays differently and it’ interesting to see a new spin on a map theme idea

Halo 5 currently has no maps that I will remember years from now as “great maps”. If we keep getting remixes than this will not change. 343i does remixes to save on time and money, they are literally cutting corners

I’ll see myself out

riptide is very different from fathom if you actually play it, just using the same palette.

Why you complain?
Riptide really different map/

> 2533274953693601;7:
> > 2533274802103078;6:
> > I don’t really get what the beef is about these remix maps. A few blocks stolen from another map are going to ruin the whole experience for you? That’s pathetic. I played a game on Riptide last night and I thought it was a really nice map, probably one of the furthest from Fathom (my least favourite map) gameplay wise. Aesthetically you can see it uses the same building blocks, but I think they’ve done a brilliant job of roughing it up, the colour pallet for example is beautiful and the semi under water parts near the fuel rod look amazing. There are plenty of things wrong with Halo 5 but this isn’t one of them.
>
>
> Except its not a few blocks, on overgrowth for example, half the map (Camo side) resembles the Red spawn to Sniper spawn area.

I know it’s more than just a few blocks, that’s not my point. Again, Overgrowth plays completely differently to Plaza. It’s cheap that it a rearranged version of the same map, but aesthetically and gameplay wise it’s completely different. Plaza is one of the best asymmetrical maps in halo imo while Overgrowth is a horrible ‘clusterluck’ and both maps are beautiful in their own right. If it helps maps come out quicker then I don’t think it’s that much of a problem.

Fathom is a great map, and I’m looking forward to playing Riptide.

> 2533274875412897;13:
> Fathom is a great map, and I’m looking forward to playing Riptide.

be warned Riptide will play very differently to Fathom. Good map but very different to Fathom.

> 2533274802103078;6:
> I don’t really get what the beef is about these remix maps. A few blocks stolen from another map are going to ruin the whole experience for you? That’s pathetic. I played a game on Riptide last night and I thought it was a really nice map, probably one of the furthest from Fathom (my least favourite map) gameplay wise. Aesthetically you can see it uses the same building blocks, but I think they’ve done a brilliant job of roughing it up, the colour pallet for example is beautiful and the semi under water parts near the fuel rod look amazing. There are plenty of things wrong with Halo 5 but this isn’t one of them.

Problem is there is no gameplay or graphic variety in Halo 5 as is with these maps all being small, blocky and industrial. There are still no dev made BTB maps, and still not a single vehicle in regular Arena because the maps don’t support it at all (and never in a Halo game did you have to run to BTB to find some good old fashioned vehicle play). The maps themselves with the industrial feel are just not distinct and interesting as the maps in previous Halos. There’s no beachside spinning turbine like Zanzibar, there’s no canyon like Blood Gultch, nor rolling dunes from Sandtrap. The best we get for visual variety is a pretty skybox and some overgrown or dustied-up remix map.

We need some distinct maps ASAP- both from a gameplay and graphics side. No more boxed UNSC structures!

> 2533274836357090;10:
> riptide is very different from fathom if you actually play it, just using the same palette.

Half of the map is a direct copy of fathom -.-

> 2533274839045782;11:
> Why you complain?
> Riptide really different map/

No its not just try to compare the two maps and you will se that they copied at least half of fathom -.-

> 2533274846978810;15:
> > 2533274802103078;6:
> > I don’t really get what the beef is about these remix maps. A few blocks stolen from another map are going to ruin the whole experience for you? That’s pathetic. I played a game on Riptide last night and I thought it was a really nice map, probably one of the furthest from Fathom (my least favourite map) gameplay wise. Aesthetically you can see it uses the same building blocks, but I think they’ve done a brilliant job of roughing it up, the colour pallet for example is beautiful and the semi under water parts near the fuel rod look amazing. There are plenty of things wrong with Halo 5 but this isn’t one of them.
>
>
> Problem is there is no gameplay or graphic variety in Halo 5 as is with these maps all being small, blocky and industrial. There are still no dev made BTB maps, and still not a single vehicle in regular Arena because the maps don’t support it at all (and never in a Halo game did you have to run to BTB to find some good old fashioned vehicle play). The maps themselves with the industrial feel are just not distinct and interesting as the maps in previous Halos. There’s no beachside spinning turbine like Zanzibar, there’s no canyon like Blood Gultch, nor rolling dunes from Sandtrap. The best we get for visual variety is a pretty skybox and some overgrown or dustied-up remix map.
>
> We need some distinct maps ASAP- both from a gameplay and graphics side. No more boxed UNSC structures!

Amen to that. I even miss snowbound where you could atleast ride a goose xD

It’s not a terrible map at least

> 2533274975064639;19:
> It’s not a terrible map at least

That is true. It is an ok map. Its better than fathom at least.