New map pack; prices

OK so let me start off by saying yes, I do know that the new maps have to cost something because 343 cant just work for free. Do they really have to cost $10 though? I purchased halo4 right at the launch for $60 and then I bought the last map pack for $10, and now they want another $10? Recently halo4 dropped down to $40, why? This makes me feel robbed; as a loyal player, buying the game at the beginning and then buying add-ons too. The people that are just now buying the game only have to pay $60 to get to the same game/add-ons that cost me $80. This doesn’t seem right. Could 343 possibly make the players who played before a certain date have a break or two in how much we have to pay? Support your loyal players because they supported you.

Just food for thought

Limited edition, War Games Pass = free, standart edition = pay.

Halo 4’s still $60 here but Black Ops II just recently went on sale for $40. Granted, I live Canada so I don’t know if that makes a different but I’m a little baffled as to why Halo hasn’t decreased in price here yet while Black Ops has. Anyways, back on topic. You were purchasing a brand new game so of course you would have to pay full price. This is how a company makes their money. If you don’t want to spend more, just don’t buy the map pass.

Microsoft wants to milk the game as far as they can.

Now DLC maps for Halo have been 800 MSP for the last 7 odd map packs so that isn’t new. Annoying but if you want them you’ll have to fork out.

I got the War GAme pass before the game came out.What dissapoints me is their Xbox live Rewards system,i bought the pass the exact moment it came out,yet i didn’t get them microsoft points+i also didn’t get any for playing over 30+ hours in matchmaking(between the decided dates)

The only reason i use xbox is for Gears of war and halo,otherwise i’d have a PS3 by now

Halo tradition for more than 5 years.

Your logic makes me facepalm.

The beginning cost is to help make the map pack and to get the game on release.
You can’t really complain about this is how the world works

Nope. They’ve pretty much always been $10 (as long as I can remember anyways), so they aren’t going to reduce the price.

At lest they are not 15 bucks like COD

Edit stupid iPad

A free map would be nice. Bungie did it with Cold Storage in Halo 3.

Honestly, it’s a business and it’s their way of making an income.
Just get over it, like others have said, it’s always been that way.
It’s only $10.

Games always drop in price. I really don’t know why I have to say this.

> At lest they are not 15 bucks like COD
>
> Edit stupid iPad

CoD map packs cost more because they contain more content (i.e. maps). More maps = higher cost.

I really wish i didn’t have to shell out 10 dollars every time new maps came out. But it isn’t anything new and on top of that i’m pretty sure i would pay 20 dollars for 3 maps.

I just love halo

I am wondering if we’ll get a ‘try before we buy’ like they did on the last map pack.

> A free map would be nice. Bungie did it with Cold Storage in Halo 3.

It would be nice, but you can’t have free DLC if they have Achievements. That’s just -Yoink!-'s rule, so I wouldn’t count on it happening.

> I really wish i didn’t have to shell out 10 dollars every time new maps came out. But it isn’t anything new and on top of that i’m pretty sure i would pay 20 dollars for 3 maps.
>
> I just love halo

You should have bought the map pack pass.

> I got the War GAme pass before the game came out.What dissapoints me is their Xbox live Rewards system,i bought the pass the exact moment it came out,yet i didn’t get them microsoft points+i also didn’t get any for playing over 30+ hours in matchmaking(between the decided dates)
>
> The only reason i use xbox is for Gears of war and halo,otherwise i’d have a PS3 by now

I know where you’re coming from, for me, Halo was the reason to own an XBox. I’m giving 343i til the 6th of May, at this point, to make progress in the areas I want to see fixed/improved (customs, forge, etc). If not I’m out & will be looking at the PS4 (after all, any other titles I’m after come out on that or the Wii U, which I have already).

> Limited edition, War Games Pass = free, standart edition = pay.

Halo 4 LE is 100 bucks, while the war games map pass is 2000 points = 31 bucks. I paid 60 bucks for my copy of Halo 4. If I buy the War Games map pass I’ll still be paying less than you did for the limited edition.