New Map "Fathom" - Space Wales & Space Eels? Wtf?

Is anyone else nervous about the new map Fathom. It’s described as being an underwater facility with “Space Wales” & “Space eels” swimming around outside of the glass windows. :confused::confused::confused:

Sounds Nintendo to me. Doesn’t sound like halo. Sounds like it could make the game lose credibility. I really hope 343 don’t stuff this up. They need to make a decision about who they’re catoring to… What age group.
They can’t keep trying to cator to everyone the games becoming confusing.
“Space Wales” & “Space Eels”… Really?!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It must be so miserable being you. Is it difficult living life so pessimisticaly? A small blurb making you nervous? That specific order of half a dozen words giving you the jitters?
God. You people are the worst. Stop being a -Yoinking!- -Yoink-.

Troll

Not really as long as the map is balanced and fun to play I couldn’t care less about the aesthetics of the maps as long as I can shoot people in the face and it plays like Halo that is all that really matters.

Well, if the map is underwater and not set on Earth, then what do you see swimming in the ocean? Right, whether they call them space whales or alien whales or whatever doesn’t really matter does it? It’s just aesthetics which actually fit the situation.

…what?

> 2535434864716711;3:
> Troll

Nope just making the point that you see a couple of words and -Yoink- your pants that everything is ruined and going to be rubbish.

So u don’t think whales are a bit cleshay?
I bet it’s even a killer whale for sure!

I would have done something a little less cleshay. Maybe something like jellyfish with those long stinger tenticals just floating past so that it’s not so in your face.

i can already see it… “free willy” swimming past the window looking in :confused:

Moas and the other wildlife in Reach were pretty nice. And everybody loved to shoot the bird things on Halo 2. So I say it’ll be pretty cool. Hell, I might even end up disliking it because I’ll get too distracted by them. Also, Warframe is a really successful game, aimed at a mature audience, and it is currently letting users preview underwater tilesets (maps) that are based on other planets.

> 2535434864716711;8:
> So u don’t think whales are a bit cleshay?
> I bet it’s even a killer whale for sure!
>
> I would habe have done something a little less cleshay. Maybe something like jellyfish with those long stinger tenticals just floating past so that it’s not so in your face.
>
> i can already see it… “free willy” swimming past the window looking in :confused:

Who knows maybe we can know on the glass or something and if you piss the whale off enough it will come crashing though the glass and flood the map killing everyone on it unless you can sprint close the shutter doors and activate the anti compression chamber to save yourself.

> 2535434864716711;1:
> Is anyone else nervous about the new map Fathom. It’s described as being an underwater facility with “Space Wales” & “Space eels” swimming around outside of the glass windows. :confused::confused::confused:
>
> Sounds Nintendo to me. Doesn’t sound like halo. Sounds like it could make the game lose credibility. I really hope 343 don’t stuff this up. They need to make a decision about who they’re catoring to… What age group.
> They can’t keep trying to cator to everyone the games becoming confusing.
> “Space Wales” & “Space Eels”… Really?!

Seriously OP? Out of all the things you could have had a problem with this is what you chose? The map looks fine. :confused:

Its under the water man

This map may be one of my favorites scenery wise, I love the ocean, and getting to see alien sea creatures would be cool. Can’t wait to check it out.

> 2535434864716711;1:
> Is anyone else nervous about the new map Fathom. It’s described as being an underwater facility with “Space Wales” & “Space eels” swimming around outside of the glass windows. :confused::confused::confused:
>
> Sounds Nintendo to me. Doesn’t sound like halo. Sounds like it could make the game lose credibility. I really hope 343 don’t stuff this up. They need to make a decision about who they’re catoring to… What age group.
> They can’t keep trying to cator to everyone the games becoming confusing.
> “Space Wales” & “Space Eels”… Really?!

Jesus do you guys ever stop with the 343 bash fest. Its an underwater map for Christ sake. Its freaking awesome, but nope, to you 343 is catering to a young group. That’s such a cool idea for a map and you have people here putting it down #die343

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Lol I want 343 to get it right. Excuse me if I’m sceptical of them. After all, it’s not like they’ve ever done anything wrong!
The Fan Boyism is strong with these twelvies

Space whales??? What is this, Doctor Who???

No they are sharks with FRIKIN LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS!

" I’m dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There’s an awful lot of that now isn’t it? And what’s this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like ‘Ow’, ‘Ownge’, ‘Round’, ‘Ground’! That’s it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it’ll be friends with me? Hello, Ground!"

Space Whales.

> 2535434864716711;15:
>

Luckily for you there will be 34 other maps to play on. Maybe 33 if they do a remix of Fathom (which they probably won’t seeing as it is a new map).
As the saying goes “All these flavors, and you choose to be salty”.

It’s an alien world, what do YOU EXPECT???
Nothing???
Do you want us to come up with a latin name and catagory for them???