New map Disappointment?

Now I am not saying the maps are bad and I enjoy halo 5. However all the free maps we get being forge or remixes with the exception of battle of noctus feels a bit lazy and lackluster compared to say paid dlc maps from previous halos. I originally was ok with micro transactions because we got free maps but this isn’t what I had in mind and the req system has very annoying design with all the useless stuff in there so it takes longer to get what you actually want. Like emblems being something you unlock now just to take up space. I would rather pay ten bucks for three new maps than get a remix of another map that hardly changes it. Some of my favorite maps in other halos were dlc and they always felt worth the price so I’m hoping we get maps like those soon. Love to know other peoples opinions on this.

I don’t mind the remixes. At least they are developer maps and play decently. Truth/Regret and Plaza/Overgrowth play differently to each other so I’m sure Riptide will play differently to Fathom.

Just one more remix to go then we can move on to new maps :slight_smile:

> 2533274811430050;2:
> I don’t mind the remixes. At least they are developer maps and play decently. Truth/Regret and Plaza/Overgrowth play differently to each other so I’m sure Riptide will play differently to Fathom.

They play well and are good maps but I still rather something new. I also feel most the play differences in the maps are the weapon spawns being different which could just be done without remixing.

just wish they’d release more maps and game types. I dont want to get burnt on this game like I did the trash that h4 was

> They play well and are good maps but I still rather something new.

Yea I guess it is just the dev time that goes into making a whole new map that’s the problem. Players are hungry for new maps so they want to get them out quick.

> 2533274826890965;5:
> just wish they’d release more maps and game types. I dont want to get burnt on this game like I did the trash that h4 was

Halo 4 was pretty bad but I loved those dlc maps. Vertigo was unique, pit remake, daybreak all good maps that differed from the maps on the disc. That’s what I want something that is different enough to make me want to keep playing. Also halo 4 had fun more mode varieties still unbalanced as -Yoink- but had options.

> 2533274811430050;6:
> > They play well and are good maps but I still rather something new.
>
>
> Yea I guess it is just the dev time that goes into making a whole new map that’s the problem. Players are hungry for new maps so they want to get them out quick.

With that mindset the map quality will not be good. They should focus less on req content that most people will never get and more on maps and game modes. I know people like the req system but I personally might have half the reqs available and if they keep adding stuff it just makes it harder for me to get the stuff I want like prophets bain.

> They should focus less on req content that most people will never get and more on maps and game modes.

I agree. I have plenty of weapon skins and armour customisation now. More than enough cosmetic stuff to tie us over for awhile. Probably need to put some more work into their servers as well.

> 2533274813118653;7:
> > 2533274826890965;5:
> > just wish they’d release more maps and game types. I dont want to get burnt on this game like I did the trash that h4 was
>
>
> Halo 4 was pretty bad but I loved those dlc maps. Vertigo was unique, pit remake, daybreak all good maps that differed from the maps on the disc. That’s what I want something that is different enough to make me want to keep playing. Also halo 4 had fun more mode varieties still unbalanced as -Yoink- but had options.

Halo 4 maps were great IMO (Im going to get flamed), but honestly I had A LOT of fun playing H4. You can make the argument that it was unbalanced and loadouts were a bad idea, but the game looked great and was A LOT of fun. OTOH I like the way H5 feels, it really is competitive and it feels like H2 but the maps to me are terrible. I fee like they were just thrown together and hacked up to make other maps. They definitely spent a lot of time on the map design in H4, even with the DLC maps. H5 just feels like they had better things to do, which is disappointing.

> 2604983891615163;10:
> > 2533274813118653;7:
> > > 2533274826890965;5:
> > > just wish they’d release more maps and game types. I dont want to get burnt on this game like I did the trash that h4 was
> >
> >
> > Halo 4 was pretty bad but I loved those dlc maps. Vertigo was unique, pit remake, daybreak all good maps that differed from the maps on the disc. That’s what I want something that is different enough to make me want to keep playing. Also halo 4 had fun more mode varieties still unbalanced as -Yoink- but had options.
>
>
> Halo 4 maps were great IMO (Im going to get flamed), but honestly I had A LOT of fun playing H4. You can make the argument that it was unbalanced and loadouts were a bad idea, but the game looked great and was A LOT of fun. OTOH I like the way H5 feels, it really is competitive and it feels like H2 but the maps to me are terrible. I fee like they were just thrown together and hacked up to make other maps. They definitely spent a lot of time on the map design in H4, even with the DLC maps. H5 just feels like they had better things to do, which is disappointing.

I agree halo 4 was a lot of fun. I really liked most the maps and game modes. Ricochet was fun and dominion was alright. Love ragnarok. The balance issues are the only thing that bugged me biggest thing being boltshot. Halo 4 also had the problem of population dropping very quick.

> 2533274810945725;3:
> Just one more remix to go then we can move on to new maps :slight_smile:

We still need Rig and Coliseum so that’s two. Who knows? Maybe we’ll see them both in one update!

> 2533274810945725;3:
> Just one more remix to go then we can move on to new maps :slight_smile:

I want an official, Pit Stop Remake plzzzz. :stuck_out_tongue: