New little tidbit about Master Chief in H4

http://www.oxm.co.uk/30614/news/halo-4s-master-chief-isnt-the-master-chief-you-remember/

> He’s a byword for endurance, the one constant in a universe rocked by Covenant invasion, but according to 343 Industries, Master Chief hasn’t made the transition from Halo 3 to Halo 4 psychologically unscathed.
>
> Eagle-eyed fans picked up on changes to the Chief’s armour in the new game’s E3 reveal trailer, noting in particular that his mighty Spartan codpiece is no more.
>
> “There’s some story behind his new look,” explained studio boss Frank O’Connor in an E3 interview. “There are specific reasons why he looks the way he does and why some of his [emphasis]behaviours[/emphasis] have changed. We’ll see in good time.
>
> Halo 4 gets going some time after the previous game’s conclusion, with the Chief’s vessel drifting in space towards a mysterious planet. “A lot of things have changed in that intervening period,” O’Connor hinted.
>
> If character and setting have shifted, one thing Halo 4 aims to preserve is the feel of Bungie’s original trilogy, with Microsoft Games Studios corporate vice-president Phil Spencer telling us that the new game “will live up to what fans fell in love with”.
>
> Here’s the trailer again for your consideration. Notice any new personality quirks? We find it hard to believe you can slaughter that many Grunts without acquiring some sort of emotional baggage.

So we have Cortana with rampany issues and now Master Chief with his own baggage.

very good find but where did you get it from? as for halo going “back to its roots” i call more of a focus on the grand story of halo, such as the precursors and the relations to them.
And it was never said or really implied that cortana was going rampant and i fail to see how flickering lights make people think that; her attitude was normal and she wasn’t trying to kill anything.

Remember Halo 3? That was Cortana with her rampancy issues.

Canonically, anyhow, AIs have a 7 year span, which was dramatically reduced when Cortana absorbed the Forerunner data.

> Remember Halo 3? That was Cortana with her rampancy issues.
>
> Canonically, anyhow, AIs have a 7 year span, which was dramatically reduced when Cortana absorbed the Forerunner data.

Sigh that sentence is being greatly paraphrased; halsey clearly said in TFoR that " UNSC AI’s are deleted after 7 years for fear or rampancy" they don’t die exactly at 7. and at the end of HE you find out that halsey did something with cortana’s memory storage that might affect factors of her becoming rampant.

Please for the love of all things merciful, please tell me they aren’t adding -Yoink!- and/or romance. If they do, I will take the disc out of my 360, spit on it, throw it outside, run over it with a car, smash it with a hammer, then burn it. I then take a nice long pee on its ashes.

If its just Chief with a different attitude though, then OK.

I doubt we’ll see a romantic relationship with Chief and Cortana, Cortana is an AI. Although Chief definatly cares for Cortana, but not in that way.

“Human Weakness” provides some insight on Cortana’s possible “false rampancy.” During her confinement with the Gravemind, Cortana was under a consitent data assault and manipulation from the Gravemind. As a great manipulator and misinformer, he planted a seed of rampancy and doubt in Cortana. But even Cortana was never quite clear if it was true rampancy or simply Gravemind’s manipulation and access to her.

> Remember Halo 3? That was Cortana with her rampancy issues.
>
> Canonically, anyhow, AIs have a 7 year span, which was dramatically reduced when Cortana absorbed the Forerunner data.