new jackals explained

now i dont really believe this my self, but here is another OPTION, as i said i dont really think this but it could work…

so click here http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Halo-4-Schakal_screencap-0.jpg

and look at the bottom (halo 4) jackal, now if we look right at the back of his head behind the spines, its like a red colour, now look at his face and its almost bone white yes?

now behind the eye we see a sort of gap, almost like a vein with loose reddish skin in-between his upper and lower jaw, now look at the eye, its very sunken, i MAY THINK that its new head MAY be a helmet, as we can see lines where it would fit on and lines where we can see oddly coloured skin, now look at some other pics of them, there is a line from back of the head to the jaw, space between helmet for ears? (even though jackals dont have noticeable ears they would have “holes” for lack of a better term) we see a curve below its spines, maybe a helmet edge? it almost looks like a skull, maybe the jackals have sort of de evolved in this faction and there is not much armour about and they have to use a bone like material for helmets?

as i said i dont really think this but another option is always welcome, and if you strip the neck back you can see how a jackals head could POSSIBLY squeeze in there maybe as i said i dont really think this but meh, something to think about :slight_smile:
what do you guys think? please no hate as i said only an option to consider :slight_smile:

http://halofanforlife.com/?p=2394

Didn’t I tell y’all about the jackal helmet guy.

lol :smiley: i replied to the other thred, i think it may be plausible… definitely more than poof magically changed :smiley: but i dont really mind anyhow

Wait… what? You think the new head might be a helmet? There are shots of the Jackal up close with its mouth wide open, it’s no helmet.

Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?

Which is why a rofled before

Jackals are wearing masks…seems legit.

It’s definitely not a helmet, but the picture in the OP definitely looks a lot better than the other picture we saw. It doesn’t look quite so eel-like.

What was wrong with the metallic helmets Jackals wore before?

> Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?

Why are people saying this? Honestly I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. obviously there’s an explanation for the change in covenant and also why they have the sub title, “Storm”. 343i will explain it when they feel it is necessary, maybe they don’t want to spoil the game for us. Is everything always about the damn canon? Such petty nitpicking.

It’s not a helmet, Jackal’s helmets are metallic.

> > Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?
>
> Why are people saying this? Honestly I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. obviously there’s an explanation for the change in covenant and also why they have the sub title, “Storm”. 343i will explain it when they feel it is necessary, maybe they don’t want to spoil the game for us. <mark>Is everything always about the damn canon? Such petty nitpicking.</mark>

Considering 343i is a company who always talks about how they love the Halo canon, it is weird to see them make such drastic changes.

> > > Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?
> >
> > Why are people saying this? Honestly I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. obviously there’s an explanation for the change in covenant and also why they have the sub title, “Storm”. 343i will explain it when they feel it is necessary, maybe they don’t want to spoil the game for us. <mark>Is everything always about the damn canon? Such petty nitpicking.</mark>
>
> Considering 343i is a company who always talks about how they love the Halo canon, it is weird to see them make such drastic changes.

This, and you can’t really expect everyone to sit tight. They haven’t given us an explanation for why that thing ate the Jackal and replaced it.

> > > Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?
> >
> > Why are people saying this? Honestly I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. obviously there’s an explanation for the change in covenant and also why they have the sub title, “Storm”. 343i will explain it when they feel it is necessary, maybe they don’t want to spoil the game for us. <mark>Is everything always about the damn canon? Such petty nitpicking.</mark>
>
> Considering 343i is a company who always talks about how they love the Halo canon, it is weird to see them make such drastic changes.

As they say, it’s supposed to be a new Halo game ofcourse “artistic liberties” will be taken but everyone’s using it as an excuse to be obnoxious, still I’m sure that they’ll provide a reason as to why the Storm looks so radically different from the Covenant and I’m sure that pre-existing members of the Covenant keep a familiar look to the previous games.

> > > > Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?
> > >
> > > Why are people saying this? Honestly I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. obviously there’s an explanation for the change in covenant and also why they have the sub title, “Storm”. 343i will explain it when they feel it is necessary, maybe they don’t want to spoil the game for us. <mark>Is everything always about the damn canon? Such petty nitpicking.</mark>
> >
> > Considering 343i is a company who always talks about how they love the Halo canon, it is weird to see them make such drastic changes.
>
> <mark>As they say, it’s supposed to be a new Halo game</mark> ofcourse “artistic liberties” will be taken but everyone’s using it as an excuse to be obnoxious, still I’m sure that they’ll provide a reason as to why the Storm looks so radically different from the Covenant and I’m sure that pre-existing members of the Covenant keep a familiar look to the previous games.

Yet why change the iconic designs of the Covenant? I don’t recall anyone really demanding they change. They are pulling a George Lucas, changing things simply because they can.

Why are you sure? They’ve changed the Forward Unto Dawns design and there is no absolutely no explanation for that.

> Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?

You know what else was a dump all over the canon of a franchise? Klingon forehead ridges.

> Why are you sure? They’ve changed the Forward Unto Dawns design and there is no absolutely no explanation for that.

Same with the chief’s armor.

practically everuthing is different aesthetically, except the few classic weapons

> > > > > Nah… it’s just a dump all over the canon. But whatever looks cool, right?
> > > >
> > > > Why are people saying this? Honestly I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. obviously there’s an explanation for the change in covenant and also why they have the sub title, “Storm”. 343i will explain it when they feel it is necessary, maybe they don’t want to spoil the game for us. <mark>Is everything always about the damn canon? Such petty nitpicking.</mark>
> > >
> > > Considering 343i is a company who always talks about how they love the Halo canon, it is weird to see them make such drastic changes.
> >
> > <mark>As they say, it’s supposed to be a new Halo game</mark> ofcourse “artistic liberties” will be taken but everyone’s using it as an excuse to be obnoxious, still I’m sure that they’ll provide a reason as to why the Storm looks so radically different from the Covenant and I’m sure that pre-existing members of the Covenant keep a familiar look to the previous games.
>
> Yet why change the iconic designs of the Covenant? I don’t recall anyone really demanding they change. They are pulling a George Lucas, changing things simply because they can.

Well I do. The same hypocrites that demanded a change and were unsatisfied before having the changes fully explained to them were the same people who claim that CoD never changes the game/graphics but just adds new guns and is the same boring game each year. They’re just like indecisive voters during Election Day.

[deleted]