New interview with Frankie SDCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NqBhFnJWU&feature=g-all-u

Enjoy!

Gracias! :slight_smile:

[deleted]

Multi-tasking like a boss! It’s hard talking and playing at the same time.

Thanks OP!

> Multi-tasking like a boss!
>
> Thanks OP!

No problem. :wink:

Good interview

That was such a great interview I also loled when Tsquared was laughing at Frankie’s deaths XD. P.S. woohooo for my 117th post :smiley:

Frankie said “first 3” map packs. Will there be more besides these 3? I’m hoping Halo 2 number of map packs.

Frankie practically grimaced when T2 asked him about potential button glitches like H2’s BXR being in the game lol. You can tell he did not like that question at all.

I also liked that he brought up some new questions like leader-boards and clans from
H2, would be awesome for all players if those came back to Halo.

> Frankie practically grimaced when T2 asked him about potential button glitches like H2’s BXR being in the game lol. You can tell he did not like that question at all.

Aha, I noticed that.

I’ve seen the same question directed at him before. It seems to me after Halo 2, some people think that these sort of glitches should be actual features in the game. I mean they were great in Halo 2 as they did require another sort of skill level but only by accident, keyword; accident.

> > Frankie practically grimaced when T2 asked him about potential button glitches like H2’s BXR being in the game lol. You can tell he did not like that question at all.
>
> Aha, I noticed that.
>
> I’ve seen the same question directed at him before. It seems to me after Halo 2, some people think that these sort of glitches should be actual features in the game. I mean they were great in Halo 2 as they did require another sort of skill level but only by accident, keyword; accident.

The brilliance involved in the button glitches was that ones like RRX or RRXYYRRX required a massive amount of skill to pull off. Double-Shot (RRX) was hard to pull off, and we didn’t even see it in every BR battle, even when Pros were involved. And in reality, it made the kill time .3 seconds faster. Assuming you can maintain your accuracy when your thumb is off the right stick, and can hit the buttons at the exact time, then you deserve that third of a second ticked off your kill time.

With the Quad-Shot (RRXYYRRX) the kill time could be reduced all the way down to 1 second. This was almost impossible to pull off in a fight. The timing and skill involved, regardless of strafing and aiming was very high.

Button glitches like this, that required massive amounts of skill I would like to see in Halo 4. Even after thre years of Halo 2, it was rare to see on the Pro Circuit. When you have small mechanics that after three years people paid to play the game still haven’t consistently mastered, but the advantages they give if mastered aren’t game breaking… Small things like that are what gave Starcraft its longevity, and will give Starcraft 2 a similar life span. I want that in my Halo game :slight_smile:

Maybe 343i can “accidentally” add in some similar button glitches.

> > > Frankie practically grimaced when T2 asked him about potential button glitches like H2’s BXR being in the game lol. You can tell he did not like that question at all.
> >
> > Aha, I noticed that.
> >
> > I’ve seen the same question directed at him before. It seems to me after Halo 2, some people think that these sort of glitches should be actual features in the game. I mean they were great in Halo 2 as they did require another sort of skill level but only by accident, keyword; accident.
>
> The brilliance involved in the button glitches was that ones like RRX or RRXYYRRX required a massive amount of skill to pull off. Double-Shot (RRX) was hard to pull off, and we didn’t even see it in every BR battle, even when Pros were involved. And in reality, it made the kill time .3 seconds faster. Assuming you can maintain your accuracy when your thumb is off the right stick, and can hit the buttons at the exact time, then you deserve that third of a second ticked off your kill time.
>
> With the Quad-Shot (RRXYYRRX) the kill time could be reduced all the way down to 1 second. This was almost impossible to pull off in a fight. The timing and skill involved, regardless of strafing and aiming was very high.
>
> Button glitches like this, that required massive amounts of skill I would like to see in Halo 4. Even after thre years of Halo 2, it was rare to see on the Pro Circuit. When you have small mechanics that after three years people paid to play the game still haven’t consistently mastered, but the advantages they give if mastered aren’t game breaking… Small things like that are what gave Starcraft its longevity, and will give Starcraft 2 a similar life span. I want that in my Halo game :slight_smile:
>
> Maybe 343i can “accidentally” add in some similar button glitches.

Give it up man, They were in H1+H2 and added another dimension to the game but Frankie and 343 has made it clear they do not want anything like that in future Halo titles.

I do think fixing all the physics tricks(Grenading power ups,weapons,grenade jumping, grenade boosting,sword cancelling, boosting vehicles) and fun glitches that H1+H2 has made the game less fun and more dull like other shooters, but I understand wanting Halo MM to be a sterile environment(Even if that makes it less fun =(.

Some of those physics tricks and glitches could of stayed with little to no effect on the game, but who knows maybe H4 physics engine will have tricks and glitches of its own.

I wouldn’t like it either if I was Frankie regarding the button glitches. It’s basically telling him that they didn’t do a good enough job with their game testing and the game might not have been as good without them.

How in the world does he multitask like that?

I want button glitches to play as flood and play with bots

I’m glad they frown upon button glitches. But if they find something that slips through the cracks and is fun, they run with it. Sounds good to me

I hope that competitive players back off a little after seeing this vid. Frankie and 343i are clearly taking them seriously and I thought it was cool that they are looking into having tournaments of their own if MLG doesn’t pick them up.

A new video? Thank the man.