New Internet, Need to Know if Gameplay will be Effected...

Just moved, got brand new internet. But it’s slow. Like snail slow. Like we’re talking 4MB DL and less than 1MB UL. I had 30MB DL and 15MB UL at my old place.

Luckily, Halo has some amazing netcode that can deal with slow connections like this.

The stupid internet company has a monopoly over my area… it’s the only way to get online. And it’s expensive… -Yoink!-.

So will my very, VERY slow speeds be effecting my gameplay once I get my wireless router going?

Where are my other slow internet people at!?

You probably won’t be pulling host ever again, but you should be fine otherwise.

While I do notice a very noticeable delay, once I find my pacing in my first couple kills I honestly can top the boards in my matches with a roughly 1.50 DL speed, 150 something ping to my nearest server in Speedtest, and according to the site my upload speed is .02 but then it gives me a test error no matter what, so I won’t trust it is that bad.

All on a moderate NAT Cell phone tower Internet service.

If I can deal with that, you’ll do perfect.

Not really keeping up with the “times” but your as you put it “very very slow” connection is actually around the average, anywhere from 4-6 DL is average last i knew.

You wont have any problems, dont know why you’re trying to make a big deal out of it.

Welcome to foreign continents.

Halo’s net code fails … You’re connection is like mine XD On the slim to no chance you’re host you’ll lag worse than off host. Oh and about 90% of your games will lag a lot … Pre-pair to see sniper blood shots and unregistered DMR shots like crazy :slight_smile:

Story of my life man!

> Halo’s net code fails … You’re connection is like mine XD On the slim to no chance you’re host you’ll lag worse than off host. Oh and about 90% of your games will lag a lot … Pre-pair to see sniper blood shots and unregistered DMR shots like crazy :slight_smile:

You’re just missing, and you can’t lag on your own host.

> Not really keeping up with the “times” but your as you put it “very very slow” connection is actually around the average, anywhere from 4-6 DL is average last i knew.
>
> You wont have any problems, dont know why you’re trying to make a big deal out of it.

Oh no, it’s nowhere near the average these days.

Using Speedtest, you can compare to other places around the world. I got an F for the National average and an F for the Global average. Bottom 5% in the US. Bottom 11% for the world.

I was just wondering as I’ve never had to deal with such slow speeds… Even Youtube videos have trouble loading and most webpages seemingly crawl.

I still haven’t had a chance to try it out online, as my router is en route and won’t be here for about another week so. Guess I’ll just hope!

> While I do notice a very noticeable delay, once I find my pacing in my first couple kills I honestly can top the boards in my matches with a roughly 1.50 DL speed, 150 something ping to my nearest server in Speedtest, and according to the site my upload speed is .02 but then it gives me a test error no matter what, so I won’t trust it is that bad.
>
>
> All on a moderate NAT Cell phone tower Internet service.
>
>
>
> If I can deal with that, you’ll do perfect.

I wonder what would happen if me and you played against each other with our cell phone internet.

I agree with the last line.

> If I can deal with that, you’ll do perfect.

> > Halo’s net code fails … You’re connection is like mine XD On the slim to no chance you’re host you’ll lag worse than off host. Oh and about 90% of your games will lag a lot … Pre-pair to see sniper blood shots and unregistered DMR shots like crazy :slight_smile:
>
> You’re just missing, and you can’t lag on your own host.

I was about to say the same thing if you’re lagging on your host you are technically standbying the other team, even if you don’t mean to.

> > Not really keeping up with the “times” but your as you put it “very very slow” connection is actually around the average, anywhere from 4-6 DL is average last i knew.
> >
> > You wont have any problems, dont know why you’re trying to make a big deal out of it.
>
> Oh no, it’s nowhere near the average these days.
>
> Using Speedtest, you can compare to other places around the world. I got an F for the National average and an F for the Global average. Bottom 5% in the US. Bottom 11% for the world.
>
> I was just wondering as I’ve never had to deal with such slow speeds… Even Youtube videos have trouble loading and most webpages seemingly crawl.
>
> I still haven’t had a chance to try it out online, as my router is en route and won’t be here for about another week so. Guess I’ll just hope!

Oh really? as i did say, I haven’t been keepin up lol

I’m runnin on 6.5mb DL and 0.71 UL slower than 55% of US :c (first time comparing it, didn’t know how to lol)

I dont seem to have any problems online at all or in the past, nor do i have any problems running 1080p youtube videos.

You shouldn’t have problems.