New info spoils Thursday War?

I do believe there is some minor spoilers about The Thursday War that is revealed in the descriptions of the newely revealed weapons

Source: Description of the Storm Rifle (scroll down the page till you find it)

STORM RIFLE
DESIGNATION: T-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced
MANUFACTURER: Lodam Armory

The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor.

Looks like ONI got what they wanted.

Hmm, seems they figured out how to manufacture and even improve more weapons. Good for them.

I heard that gameinformer wrote this in the discription of a spartan ops mission:

“We got to see an early mock-up of the first episode in which Majestic Squad suits up in Spartan armor onboard the Infinity, flies past a massive Star Wars-caliber space battle in a smaller vessel, and attempts to stop Covenant forces from reaching an artifact on Requiem. This faction of Covenant believes that one of their gods resides on the planet, which is occupied with some version of the Forerunners called the Promethians. While Spartan Ops takes place on the same planet as the campaign, 343 promises that unique level designs and geometry separates the two modes in the vast majority of cases.”

This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”

> I heard that gameinformer wrote this in the discription of a spartan ops mission:
>
> “We got to see an early mock-up of the first episode in which Majestic Squad suits up in Spartan armor onboard the Infinity, flies past a massive Star Wars-caliber space battle in a smaller vessel, and attempts to stop Covenant forces from reaching an artifact on Requiem. This faction of Covenant believes that one of their gods resides on the planet, which is occupied with some version of the Forerunners called the Promethians. While Spartan Ops takes place on the same planet as the campaign, 343 promises that unique level designs and geometry separates the two modes in the vast majority of cases.”
>
> This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”

How does this even remotely suggest that the Arbiter and Shipmaster are dead? That’s only one faction of Covenant. For all we know, the Arbiter and his forces could be allied with the humans by 2557.

> > I heard that gameinformer wrote this in the discription of a spartan ops mission:
> >
> > “We got to see an early mock-up of the first episode in which Majestic Squad suits up in Spartan armor onboard the Infinity, flies past a massive Star Wars-caliber space battle in a smaller vessel, and attempts to stop Covenant forces from reaching an artifact on Requiem. This faction of Covenant believes that one of their gods resides on the planet, which is occupied with some version of the Forerunners called the Promethians. While Spartan Ops takes place on the same planet as the campaign, 343 promises that unique level designs and geometry separates the two modes in the vast majority of cases.”
> >
> > This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”
>
> How does this even remotely suggest that the Arbiter and Shipmaster are dead? That’s only one faction of Covenant. For all we know, the Arbiter and his forces could be allied with the humans by 2557.

The description of the Storm Rifle indicates a past tense during the Sangheili civil conflicts. As in the wars are over, and that there is a victor. It seems that Thel 'Vadam is not the victor.

Or this faction of Elites are the losers who managed to escape. After all, why else would they scavenge a derelict human vessel? They probably also think whatever is on Requiem may allow them to re-engage the Arbiter.

> > > I heard that gameinformer wrote this in the discription of a spartan ops mission:
> > >
> > > “We got to see an early mock-up of the first episode in which Majestic Squad suits up in Spartan armor onboard the Infinity, flies past a massive Star Wars-caliber space battle in a smaller vessel, and attempts to stop Covenant forces from reaching an artifact on Requiem. This faction of Covenant believes that one of their gods resides on the planet, which is occupied with some version of the Forerunners called the Promethians. While Spartan Ops takes place on the same planet as the campaign, 343 promises that unique level designs and geometry separates the two modes in the vast majority of cases.”
> > >
> > > This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”
> >
> > How does this even remotely suggest that the Arbiter and Shipmaster are dead? That’s only one faction of Covenant. For all we know, the Arbiter and his forces could be allied with the humans by 2557.
>
> The description of the Storm Rifle indicates a past tense during the Sangheili civil conflicts. As in the wars are over, and that there is a victor. It seems that Thel 'Vadam is not the victor.

> The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor.

It just states there were conflicts it says nor implies nothing of those conflicts nor is anything said about Thel.

> > > I heard that gameinformer wrote this in the discription of a spartan ops mission:
> > >
> > > “We got to see an early mock-up of the first episode in which Majestic Squad suits up in Spartan armor onboard the Infinity, flies past a massive Star Wars-caliber space battle in a smaller vessel, and attempts to stop Covenant forces from reaching an artifact on Requiem. This faction of Covenant believes that one of their gods resides on the planet, which is occupied with some version of the Forerunners called the Promethians. While Spartan Ops takes place on the same planet as the campaign, 343 promises that unique level designs and geometry separates the two modes in the vast majority of cases.”
> > >
> > > This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”
> >
> > How does this even remotely suggest that the Arbiter and Shipmaster are dead? That’s only one faction of Covenant. For all we know, the Arbiter and his forces could be allied with the humans by 2557.
>
> The description of the Storm Rifle indicates a past tense during the Sangheili civil conflicts. As in the wars are over, and that there is a victor. It seems that Thel 'Vadam is not the victor.

That doesn’t surprise me one bit really.

Well, since the Halo story has shifted to one where everybody is vying to be the biggest, evillest -Yoink- in the universe and Thel Vadam isn’t going down that route, I suppose that makes him fair game to kill off.

> > > > I heard that gameinformer wrote this in the discription of a spartan ops mission:
> > > >
> > > > “We got to see an early mock-up of the first episode in which Majestic Squad suits up in Spartan armor onboard the Infinity, flies past a massive Star Wars-caliber space battle in a smaller vessel, and attempts to stop Covenant forces from reaching an artifact on Requiem. This faction of Covenant believes that one of their gods resides on the planet, which is occupied with some version of the Forerunners called the Promethians. While Spartan Ops takes place on the same planet as the campaign, 343 promises that unique level designs and geometry separates the two modes in the vast majority of cases.”
> > > >
> > > > This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”
> > >
> > > How does this even remotely suggest that the Arbiter and Shipmaster are dead? That’s only one faction of Covenant. For all we know, the Arbiter and his forces could be allied with the humans by 2557.
> >
> > The description of the Storm Rifle indicates a past tense during the Sangheili civil conflicts. As in the wars are over, and that there is a victor. It seems that Thel 'Vadam is not the victor.
>
>
>
> > The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor.
>
> It just states there were conflicts it says nor implies nothing of those conflicts nor is anything said about Thel.

It says they served various infantry during the wars. If there was a war going on with and a new gun was invented, it would say “this gun is serving…” or serves. And the GI post that Jerry mentioned states that these elites worship the forerunners, something Thel does not believe in.

Meaning it doesn’t say who won and Thel doesn’t believe in the Great journey which involves randomly killing races and activating rings that kill everything. We honestly don’t know anything about what Thel personally believes. Such as his views on everything that is going on.

> Meaning it doesn’t say who won and Thel doesn’t believe in the Great journey which involves randomly killing races and activating rings that kill everything. We honestly don’t know anything about what Thel personally believes. Such as his views on everything that is going on.

Uhh… did you read Glasslands? That’s like the primary reason Avu despises Thel. He doesn’t revere the Forerunners as gods.

> > Meaning it doesn’t say who won and Thel doesn’t believe in the Great journey which involves randomly killing races and activating rings that kill everything. We honestly don’t know anything about what Thel personally believes. Such as his views on everything that is going on.
>
> Uhh… did you read Glasslands? That’s like the primary reason Avu despises Thel. He doesn’t revere the Forerunners as gods.

Avu is an extremist. Anything less that utmost and total devotion would be heresy to him.

No i didn’t read Glasslands which is why i say Elites shouldn’t be in MP.

You don’t have to Worship something to Respect it not to mention we were told there are still covenant remnants about so i wouldn’t instantly assume that he lost the civil war regardless how how likely that may be.

> No i didn’t read Glasslands which is why i say Elites shouldn’t be in MP.

You really love to bring my thread into everything. And try and read up on the subject before being heavily opinionated on it.

You Exaggerate a lot. Two threads isn’t “everything” nor is a single thread of people saying something “everybody”.

And there isn’t a canonical subject behind it other than “the covenant are integral to halo” even though they are involved in 27 years out of a timeline that now expands millions of years.

Though this is offtopic and you should see cobras post.

> I do believe there is some minor spoilers about The Thursday War that is revealed in the descriptions of the newely revealed weapons
>
> Source: Description of the Storm Rifle (scroll down the page till you find it)
>
>
>
>
> STORM RIFLE
> DESIGNATION: T-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced
> MANUFACTURER: Lodam Armory
>
> The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor.
>
>
>

If I had to guess it could play into the whole Covenant civil war as a whole since we know the Elites aren’t done fighting the Brutes. There is also the whole attempted assassination of the Arbiter thing going on which could definitely lead to conflict. I believe the Elites seen at Requiem could belong to the Abiding Truth since they’re looking for their Gods but that’s not really conclusive. Any Elite who still has faith or curiosity could be interested in meeting a Forerunner. Who knows though. It may or may not be a spoiler.

> You Exaggerate a lot. Two threads isn’t “everything” nor is a single thread of people saying something “everybody”.
>
> And there isn’t a canonical subject behind it other than “the covenant are integral to halo” even though they are involved in 27 years out of a timeline that now expands millions of years.
>
> Though this is offtopic and you should see cobras post.

Cobra’s post doesn’t really affect what is happening, more or less a general statement. What I truly believe is that the Fleet seen in the opening of Halo 4 really belongs to the Unnamed Shipmaster from The Return. Think about it. He just got done capturing a human who spoke with the 343 Guilty Spark Copy/Monitor who is in search for the Librarian. After interrogating that human, he would likely lead his fleet on a wild goosechase to Requiem. Probably meeting up with the Servants of Abiding Truth because their beliefs coincide, with the whole worshiping the Forerunners and hating the humans.

Supporting this, you have to think realistically. In Glasslands, the Abiding Truth has to steal a Tug. That is their only naval vessel in their possession. I would be amazed if the Servants managed to have a whole fleet at the start of the events in Halo 4. Unless of course 'Telcam can be so influential that he unites all of Sanghelios under his cause and every Sangheili ship is used, then that might be possible, but with 343i trying to incorporate every piece of canon, I’m sticking with the fleet belonging to the Unnamed Shipmaster, aided by Avu.

> This means that Arby and probably the shipmaster are dead. Ironically Mercy’s words came out to be true: “You will die as every Arbiter did before you.”

No! Not Thel’ Vadam ! Not my dear Arbiter! Unacceptable! Unacceptable! Absolutely unacceptable!