New Infinite update - my thoughts

The most recent blog post about Halo Infinite (see here) still does not address armor coatings. I feel that they’re trying to distract us by not formally addressing and/or at least acknowledging that there’s still a base of players that are not happy with the fact they want to charge us our hard-earned money for armor colors. Armor colors have been free-of-charge since Halo CE. Why should I have to pay money for the color(s) I want?

I’m grateful they’re at least wanting to be more vocal about keeping us in the loop, but there are still certain things that I’m uncertain about. I would be happier if they can at least just cut to the chase about the armor coating situation, since it seems like a lot of what I’ve been reading on the Halo sub-Reddit and Halo Waypoint forums don’t seem to talk about it much anymore. Do you think they should finally address once-and-for-all the armor coating controversy?

Another concern I had was the ESRB rating. Halo CE and 2 (especially CE) had lots of blood, and it was virtually non-existent more recent games like Halo 5. I was wanting to know what the amount of blood/gore/etc. would be expected when it comes to Infinite.

Moving on, the weapon designs look really nice. The Hydra reminds me of the AR though, which may confuse players at first. The weapon designs don’t look overly complex, and they don’t look shiny. I think that’s a good thing, since weapons are used in a multitude of environments and conditions, which will make them more realistic when exposed to the elements. I can tell that they’re trying to emulate the classic looks of the original Halo games.

I’m cautiously optimistic about Halo Infinite. I really want this to be a good game.

Edit: added another paragraph.

> 2533274818575073;1:
> The most recent blog post about Halo Infinite (see here) still does not address armor coatings. I feel that they’re trying to distract us by not formally addressing and/or at least acknowledging that there’s still a base of players that are not happy with the fact they want to charge us our hard-earned money for armor colors. Armor colors have been free-of-charge since Halo CE. Why should I have to pay money for the color(s) I want?
>
> I’m grateful they’re at least wanting to be more vocal about keeping us in the loop, but there are still certain things that I’m uncertain about. I would be happier if they can at least just cut to the chase about the armor coating situation, since it seems like a lot of what I’ve been reading on the Halo sub-Reddit and Halo Waypoint forums don’t seem to talk about it much anymore. Do you think they should finally address once-and-for-all the armor coating controversy?
>
> Another concern I had was the ESRB rating. Halo CE and 2 (especially CE) had lots of blood, and it was virtually non-existent more recent games like Halo 5. I was wanting to know what the amount of blood/gore/etc. would be expected when it comes to Infinite.
>
> Moving on, the weapon designs look really nice. The Hydra reminds me of the AR though, which may confuse players at first. The weapon designs don’t look overly complex, and they don’t look shiny. I think that’s a good thing, since weapons are used in a multitude of environments and conditions, which will make them more realistic when exposed to the elements. I can tell that they’re trying to emulate the classic looks of the original Halo games.
>
> I’m cautiously optimistic about Halo Infinite. I really want this to be a good game.
>
> Edit: added another paragraph.

They’ve addressed Armour coatings many times in the past already. There isn’t anything new to say.
When the initial outcry happened 343i said they’re listening and making adjustments to make armour coatings better than they initially unveiled.
There was also a length chapter in last months Inside Infinite that addressed armour coatings yet again.

Its a new system, it’s not going to be removed. It has its own purpose in the way infinites customisation and progression works. You don’t have to like it if you don’t want to but stressing about a feature that isn’t going to change is probably unwise.

As this was a sandbox update we’re not likely to hear about VFX like blood. Once again they did say they were working on that in Inside Infinite in December. If that’s a question you want more details on you can use #Ask343 on Twitter and you may get a answer in the future.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> > 2533274818575073;1:
> >
>
> They’ve addressed Armour coatings many times in the past already. There isn’t anything new to say.
> When the initial outcry happened 343i said they’re listening and making adjustments to make armour coatings better than they initially unveiled.
> There was also a length chapter in last months Inside Infinite that addressed armour coatings yet again.
>
> Its a new system, it’s not going to be removed. It has its own purpose in the way infinites customisation and progression works. You don’t have to like it if you don’t want to but stressing about a feature that isn’t going to change is probably unwise.
>
> As this was a sandbox update we’re not likely to hear about VFX like blood. Once again they did say they were working on that in Inside Infinite in December. If that’s a question you want more details on you can use #Ask343 on Twitter and you may get a answer in the future.

*Nothing new to say?*How much will they charge for armor coatings?
How do players aquire said coatings? except challenges etc
You dont have to do any damage control for them you know, noones forcing you. People dont like coatings, and its an OBVIOUS way they will monetize this game. get real

> 2533274843630494;3:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > >
> >
> > They’ve addressed Armour coatings many times in the past already. There isn’t anything new to say.
> > When the initial outcry happened 343i said they’re listening and making adjustments to make armour coatings better than they initially unveiled.
> > There was also a length chapter in last months Inside Infinite that addressed armour coatings yet again.
> >
> > Its a new system, it’s not going to be removed. It has its own purpose in the way infinites customisation and progression works. You don’t have to like it if you don’t want to but stressing about a feature that isn’t going to change is probably unwise.
> >
> > As this was a sandbox update we’re not likely to hear about VFX like blood. Once again they did say they were working on that in Inside Infinite in December. If that’s a question you want more details on you can use #Ask343 on Twitter and you may get a answer in the future.
>
> *Nothing new to say?*How much will they charge for armor coatings?
> How do players aquire said coatings? except challenges etc
> You dont have to do any damage control for them you know, noones forcing you. People dont like coatings, and its an OBVIOUS way they will monetize this game. get real

I’m not doing damage control, I’m really not bothered by armour coatings at all. That’s my opinion, Half the time you’re red or blue anyway.
The game is going free to play, there’s going to be monetisation and progression changes. That’s the nature of the business.

They’ve already said that coatings can be earned without paying. I imagine they’ll go into more detail on progression closer to launch. I take information as it comes. I’m not going to get myself worked up about armour coatings for a year straight til they tell us something.

End of the day, if you don’t like it. Don’t buy them. Speak with your wallet. Money talks.

This update was about the sandbox element. The sandbox team is not working on armor coatings and have nothing to say about that.

The next updates will be a “talk with some of the folks working to bring Zeta Halo to life” (environment artists and level designers, I suppose) in February and next the theme will be the audio in March.

Don’t expect anything new about armor coatings for a while.

> 2533274818575073;1:
> The most recent blog post about Halo Infinite (see here) still does not address armor coatings. I feel that they’re trying to distract us by not formally addressing and/or at least acknowledging that there’s still a base of players that are not happy with the fact they want to charge us our hard-earned money for armor colors. Armor colors have been free-of-charge since Halo CE. Why should I have to pay money for the color(s) I want?
>
> I’m grateful they’re at least wanting to be more vocal about keeping us in the loop, but there are still certain things that I’m uncertain about. I would be happier if they can at least just cut to the chase about the armor coating situation, since it seems like a lot of what I’ve been reading on the Halo sub-Reddit and Halo Waypoint forums don’t seem to talk about it much anymore. Do you think they should finally address once-and-for-all the armor coating controversy?
>
> Another concern I had was the ESRB rating. Halo CE and 2 (especially CE) had lots of blood, and it was virtually non-existent more recent games like Halo 5. I was wanting to know what the amount of blood/gore/etc. would be expected when it comes to Infinite.
>
> Moving on, the weapon designs look really nice. The Hydra reminds me of the AR though, which may confuse players at first. The weapon designs don’t look overly complex, and they don’t look shiny. I think that’s a good thing, since weapons are used in a multitude of environments and conditions, which will make them more realistic when exposed to the elements. I can tell that they’re trying to emulate the classic looks of the original Halo games.
>
> I’m cautiously optimistic about Halo Infinite. I really want this to be a good game.
>
> Edit: added another paragraph.

ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.

What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.

> 2533274850493408;6:
> > 2533274818575073;1:
> > The most recent blog post about Halo Infinite (see here) still does not address armor coatings. I feel that they’re trying to distract us by not formally addressing and/or at least acknowledging that there’s still a base of players that are not happy with the fact they want to charge us our hard-earned money for armor colors. Armor colors have been free-of-charge since Halo CE. Why should I have to pay money for the color(s) I want?
> >
> > I’m grateful they’re at least wanting to be more vocal about keeping us in the loop, but there are still certain things that I’m uncertain about. I would be happier if they can at least just cut to the chase about the armor coating situation, since it seems like a lot of what I’ve been reading on the Halo sub-Reddit and Halo Waypoint forums don’t seem to talk about it much anymore. Do you think they should finally address once-and-for-all the armor coating controversy?
> >
> > Another concern I had was the ESRB rating. Halo CE and 2 (especially CE) had lots of blood, and it was virtually non-existent more recent games like Halo 5. I was wanting to know what the amount of blood/gore/etc. would be expected when it comes to Infinite.
> >
> > Moving on, the weapon designs look really nice. The Hydra reminds me of the AR though, which may confuse players at first. The weapon designs don’t look overly complex, and they don’t look shiny. I think that’s a good thing, since weapons are used in a multitude of environments and conditions, which will make them more realistic when exposed to the elements. I can tell that they’re trying to emulate the classic looks of the original Halo games.
> >
> > I’m cautiously optimistic about Halo Infinite. I really want this to be a good game.
> >
> > Edit: added another paragraph.
>
> ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
>
> What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.

I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.

Only warning that if this thread turns into another discussion about armor costings I will lock it. We already have a mega thread dedicated to discussing them.

> 2535442879769873;7:
> > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > >
> >
> > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> >
> > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
>
> I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.

As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.

> 2535406260637191;9:
> > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > >
> > >
> > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > >
> > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> >
> > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
>
> As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.

I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer

This update was focused on sandbox so I wasn’t expecting anything about armour coatings. I’d assume the next time they talk about coatings is when they do a full customization breakdown but I have no idea when that’ll be. I just hope that there’s a good amount of default coatings covering basic colours like the old system did and then have more special looking coatings that you can unlock/buy.

I also thought the weapons look great. I really like the colour pallete they’re using for the UNSC weapons, the greys are so much better than H5.

> 2535442879769873;10:
> > 2535406260637191;9:
> > > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > > >
> > > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> > >
> > > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
> >
> > As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.
>
> I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer

Initially I did think it may be the Revenant but after considering we’re fighting the Brutes within the Banished forces I can see a good argument for the Chopper & Prowler to make a return.
Especially since I always felt like the Revenant was alway a bit meh to me.

> 2533274865778947;12:
> > 2535442879769873;10:
> > > 2535406260637191;9:
> > > > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > > > >
> > > > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> > > >
> > > > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
> > >
> > > As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.
> >
> > I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer
>
> Initially I did think it may be the Revenant but after considering we’re fighting the Brutes within the Banished forces I can see a good argument for the Chopper & Prowler to make a return.
> Especially since I always felt like the Revenant was alway a bit meh to me.

I mean, revenant is really cool by the look and use, but it’s one of those vehicles, that i can forget that they even exist:

> 2535453809720436;13:
> > 2533274865778947;12:
> > > 2535442879769873;10:
> > > > 2535406260637191;9:
> > > > > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > > > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> > > > >
> > > > > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
> > > >
> > > > As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.
> > >
> > > I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer
> >
> > Initially I did think it may be the Revenant but after considering we’re fighting the Brutes within the Banished forces I can see a good argument for the Chopper & Prowler to make a return.
> > Especially since I always felt like the Revenant was alway a bit meh to me.
>
> I mean, revenant is really cool by the look and use, but it’s one of those vehicles, that i can forget that they even exist:

Definitely agree. Used it in the Reach campaign and for Halo 2 speed runs. Other than that I alwayssssss passed on it haha.

> 2533274865778947;14:
> > 2535453809720436;13:
> > > 2533274865778947;12:
> > > > 2535442879769873;10:
> > > > > 2535406260637191;9:
> > > > > > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > > > > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
> > > > >
> > > > > As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.
> > > >
> > > > I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer
> > >
> > > Initially I did think it may be the Revenant but after considering we’re fighting the Brutes within the Banished forces I can see a good argument for the Chopper & Prowler to make a return.
> > > Especially since I always felt like the Revenant was alway a bit meh to me.
> >
> > I mean, revenant is really cool by the look and use, but it’s one of those vehicles, that i can forget that they even exist:
>
> Definitely agree. Used it in the Reach campaign and for Halo 2 speed runs. Other than that I alwayssssss passed on it haha.

Wait. Halo…2? To the best of my knowledge, the Revenant is only in Reach. Did you confuse it with the Spectre? Unless standalone Halo 2 Anniversary really is a thing, and the Revenant (out of all vehicles) was added for whatever reason. Heh…
As for me, I like the Revenant mostly for its design, colouring and especially the passenger seat. I love to ride passenger in vehicles in campaign, even though it doesn’t always end well due to the AI’s driving.

> 2535406260637191;15:
> > 2533274865778947;14:
> > > 2535453809720436;13:
> > > > 2533274865778947;12:
> > > > > 2535442879769873;10:
> > > > > > 2535406260637191;9:
> > > > > > > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > > > > > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.
> > > > >
> > > > > I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer
> > > >
> > > > Initially I did think it may be the Revenant but after considering we’re fighting the Brutes within the Banished forces I can see a good argument for the Chopper & Prowler to make a return.
> > > > Especially since I always felt like the Revenant was alway a bit meh to me.
> > >
> > > I mean, revenant is really cool by the look and use, but it’s one of those vehicles, that i can forget that they even exist:
> >
> > Definitely agree. Used it in the Reach campaign and for Halo 2 speed runs. Other than that I alwayssssss passed on it haha.
>
> Wait. Halo…2? To the best of my knowledge, the Revenant is only in Reach. Did you confuse it with the Spectre? Unless standalone Halo 2 Anniversary really is a thing, and the Revenant (out of all vehicles) was added for whatever reason. Heh…
> As for me, I like the Revenant mostly for its design, colouring and especially the passenger seat. I love to ride passenger in vehicles in campaign, even though it doesn’t always end well due to the AI’s driving.

I’m pretty sure he may have just made a mistake I don’t think the revenant appears in halo 2 - Maybe I’d like the revenant more if more gametypes in multiplayer used it as I don’t think it’s bad looking but generally the way the driver and passenger seats are open leaves you with a larger risk of being killed.

> 2535406260637191;15:
> > 2533274865778947;14:
> > > 2535453809720436;13:
> > > > 2533274865778947;12:
> > > > > 2535442879769873;10:
> > > > > > 2535406260637191;9:
> > > > > > > 2535442879769873;7:
> > > > > > > > 2533274850493408;6:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > ESRB rating means nothing to me, so I don’t really care.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > What I was curious the most about was when Quinn talked about his favorite vehicle being one that hasn’t been revealed yet, but isn’t totally brand new. My guess is that this vehicle is the chopper - which really amps me up.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I have heard people speculating that the new vehicles hinted at are the chopper and most likely something that appeared in halo wars like the wolverine though its all speculation.I personally think rather than the chopper it’s the prowler as they have said that they’re focusing on co-op vehicles over lone wolf vehicles.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As much as I would love for it to be the Prowler or Chopper (but Prowler takes priority for me), knowing them it is probably going to be the Revenant. A nice vehicle, yes, but not one I like nearly as much as the two I mentioned. It would be disappointing if it was added in while the others were not.
> > > > >
> > > > > I fully agree I personally rarely use the revenant and don’t really like it - It feels like a downgraded wraith with not much more to offer
> > > >
> > > > Initially I did think it may be the Revenant but after considering we’re fighting the Brutes within the Banished forces I can see a good argument for the Chopper & Prowler to make a return.
> > > > Especially since I always felt like the Revenant was alway a bit meh to me.
> > >
> > > I mean, revenant is really cool by the look and use, but it’s one of those vehicles, that i can forget that they even exist:
> >
> > Definitely agree. Used it in the Reach campaign and for Halo 2 speed runs. Other than that I alwayssssss passed on it haha.
>
> Wait. Halo…2? To the best of my knowledge, the Revenant is only in Reach. Did you confuse it with the Spectre? Unless standalone Halo 2 Anniversary really is a thing, and the Revenant (out of all vehicles) was added for whatever reason. Heh…
> As for me, I like the Revenant mostly for its design, colouring and especially the passenger seat. I love to ride passenger in vehicles in campaign, even though it doesn’t always end well due to the AI’s driving.

I’m probably confusing it with the Spectre yeah haha.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2533274843630494;3:
> > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > >
> > >
> > > They’ve addressed Armour coatings many times in the past already. There isn’t anything new to say.
> > > When the initial outcry happened 343i said they’re listening and making adjustments to make armour coatings better than they initially unveiled.
> > > There was also a length chapter in last months Inside Infinite that addressed armour coatings yet again.
> > >
> > > Its a new system, it’s not going to be removed. It has its own purpose in the way infinites customisation and progression works. You don’t have to like it if you don’t want to but stressing about a feature that isn’t going to change is probably unwise.
> > >
> > > As this was a sandbox update we’re not likely to hear about VFX like blood. Once again they did say they were working on that in Inside Infinite in December. If that’s a question you want more details on you can use #Ask343 on Twitter and you may get a answer in the future.
> >
> > *Nothing new to say?*How much will they charge for armor coatings?
> > How do players aquire said coatings? except challenges etc
> > You dont have to do any damage control for them you know, noones forcing you. People dont like coatings, and its an OBVIOUS way they will monetize this game. get real
>
> I’m not doing damage control, I’m really not bothered by armour coatings at all. That’s my opinion, Half the time you’re red or blue anyway.
> The game is going free to play, there’s going to be monetisation and progression changes. That’s the nature of the business.
>
> They’ve already said that coatings can be earned without paying. I imagine they’ll go into more detail on progression closer to launch. I take information as it comes. I’m not going to get myself worked up about armour coatings for a year straight til they tell us something.
>
> End of the day, if you don’t like it. Don’t buy them. Speak with your wallet. Money talks.

1. you dont speak for everyone, you 're not bothered, a big part of the community is
  2. can be earned’ not ‘will be earned’
  3. if you don’t like it. Don’t buy them. thats the mentality that got us here in the first place, ‘i dont mind it, if its not affecting gameplay’ hence the heavily monetized system that revolves around games today

> 2533274843630494;18:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > 2533274843630494;3:
> > > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > They’ve addressed Armour coatings many times in the past already. There isn’t anything new to say.
> > > > When the initial outcry happened 343i said they’re listening and making adjustments to make armour coatings better than they initially unveiled.
> > > > There was also a length chapter in last months Inside Infinite that addressed armour coatings yet again.
> > > >
> > > > Its a new system, it’s not going to be removed. It has its own purpose in the way infinites customisation and progression works. You don’t have to like it if you don’t want to but stressing about a feature that isn’t going to change is probably unwise.
> > > >
> > > > As this was a sandbox update we’re not likely to hear about VFX like blood. Once again they did say they were working on that in Inside Infinite in December. If that’s a question you want more details on you can use #Ask343 on Twitter and you may get a answer in the future.
> > >
> > > *Nothing new to say?*How much will they charge for armor coatings?
> > > How do players aquire said coatings? except challenges etc
> > > You dont have to do any damage control for them you know, noones forcing you. People dont like coatings, and its an OBVIOUS way they will monetize this game. get real
> >
> > I’m not doing damage control, I’m really not bothered by armour coatings at all. That’s my opinion, Half the time you’re red or blue anyway.
> > The game is going free to play, there’s going to be monetisation and progression changes. That’s the nature of the business.
> >
> > They’ve already said that coatings can be earned without paying. I imagine they’ll go into more detail on progression closer to launch. I take information as it comes. I’m not going to get myself worked up about armour coatings for a year straight til they tell us something.
> >
> > End of the day, if you don’t like it. Don’t buy them. Speak with your wallet. Money talks.
>
> 1. you dont speak for everyone, you 're not bothered, a big part of the community is
> 2. ‘can be earned’ not ‘will be earned’
> 3. if you don’t like it. Don’t buy them. thats the mentality that got us here in the first place, ‘i dont mind it, if its not affecting gameplay’ hence the heavily monetized system that revolves around games today

Never once did I mention that I spoke for everyone. Like I very clearly stated, everything I said is my own opinion.

Wether we like it or not the state of the gaming industry has changed. Do I prefer the older way of things sure. But I’ve also accepted that gaming in a business and things change monetarily. End of the day we are still customers just as much as we are a gaming community.
A mixture of unlocks being earned through gameplay and some through financial trade is a fair compromise from my stand point and opinion.

Like BreezyStarfish the Monitor said. I’m not trying to make this into a whole Armour Coatings thread. I gave my opinion in response to OP’s original post & some vehicle speculation and yet you’re focusing on Coatings.