New Idea for Warthogs in Halo 4 (Or any vehicle for that matter)

Have you ever played in BTB and you were either driving or on the gun of Warthog. For the majority of us, we have at least driven or manned the gun on the awesome Warthog at least once. But every now and then we come across a… questionable team mate that either drives the Warthog like a dunce. Or we get a team mate who gets on the gun and focuses his fire on an enemy wielding a spiker instead of shooting at the giant Scorpion or Banshee in front of him.

It’s happened to most of us, and it can be extremely frustrating to those without a mic. But I’ve got a solution.

Say hello to the all new targeting system in Halo 4 vehicles.

Whether you’re driving, gunning, or in the triple kill seat, at a press of the button you can highlight an enemy you think is a high priority target, placing a hard to miss waypoint for your allies to see. If you are on the gunner you can press down the right stick down to highlight an enemy. Same goes for the passenger seat. For the driver he can either press the right trigger to honk at the enemy (thus highlighting them) or press the right stick. This helps those without mics better communicate who they think needs to be killed first. It will have a cool down so people will have trouble spamming.

For balancing purposes the waypoints are only visible to allies in the vehicles.

So, what do you think? Overpowered? Perfect? What are your opinions?

TL;DR? At a click of a button, anyone on a vehicle can place a waypoint over the head of a enemy target only visible to those in the vehicle. This helps people without mics communicate and use team work.

> Have you ever played in BTB and you were either driving or on the gun of Warthog. For the majority of us, we have at least gunned or driven the awesome Warthog. But every now and then we come across a… questionable team mate that either drives the Warthog like a dunce. Or we get a team mate who gets on the gun and focuses his fire on an enemy wielding a spiker instead of shooting at the giant Scorpion or Banshee in front of him.
>
> It’s happened to most of us, and it can be extremely frustrating to those without a mic. But I’ve got a solution.
>
> Say hello to the all new targeting system in Halo 4 vehicles.
>
> Whether you’re driving, gunning, or in the triple kill seat, at a press of the button you can highlight an enemy you think is a high priority target, placing a hard to miss waypoint for your allies to see. If you are on the gunner you can press down the right stick down to highlight an enemy. Same goes for the passenger seat. For the driver he can either press the right trigger to honk at the enemy (thus highlighting them) or press the right stick. This helps those without mics better communicate who they think needs to be killed first. It will have a cool down so people will have trouble spamming.
>
> For balancing purposes the waypoints are only visible to allies in the vehicles.
>
> So, what do you think? Overpowered? Perfect? What are your opinions?
>
> TL;DR? At a click of a button, anyone on a vehicle can place a waypoint over the head of a enemy target only visible to those in the vehicle. This helps people without mics communicate and use team work.

A great idea.

These are the kind of innovations we need to see in halo. Its a refinement of gameplay thats been there from day 1.

Its not like AAs or bloom which change the game we love but rather enhances and refines teh gameplay we all love.

It sounds like a good idea, just how would the driver do this? He has to steer the vehicle, how can he look at an enemy to target them? Or would the targeting just automatically target the nearest enemy?

So exactly what Battlefield does then. I’d rather them advocate using mics.

I like the idea. Would be really cool if Halo gets such new features instead of game breaking things like bloom or AA’s.

I am all for mics as well but most people are either in Party chat or don’t want to use them. This is a solution for those who don’t use mics.

As for the person who said how the driver would highlight anyone; if the driver wanted someone dead, he would at least 50% of the time chase his target if it is fleeing. That makes it easy to target people running away. Other than that, it might be a be it difficult for the driver to highlight anyone, but it is still a helpful tool.

I like the idea! Kinda like spotting in Battlefield?

I’ve never played Battlefield but Battlefield 3’s graphics looks amazing so I will be getting it =).

On topic though, like i said I’ve never played Battlefield but if they came up with the feature, I think Halo would do some good to learn from it’s peers.

It could be cool, but if a driver is trying to highlight a guy, he may put the teammates in it in danger by focusing on the player rather than the surroundings.

> It could be cool, but if a driver is trying to highlight a guy, he may put the teammates in it in danger by focusing on the player rather than the surroundings.

it would expand the driver skill gap. People who know how to use the feature well would have advantages over teams who dont.

You should go post this over at the Official Feedback thread in the general disscussion forums if you really want 343 to see this.

As for me I really like the idea.

When I’m driving, I just drive toward the target and HONK and then HONK HONK HONK if they don’t shoot and if it’s not too late…lol.

But Yeah that would be a more ‘advanced’ targeting than the honk method…

> You should go post this over at the Official Feedback thread in the general disscussion forums if you really want 343 to see this.
>
> As for me I really like the idea.

Will do, I thought it was more likely to be seen here.

> > You should go post this over at the Official Feedback thread in the general disscussion forums if you really want 343 to see this.
> >
> > As for me I really like the idea.
>
> Will do, I thought it was more likely to be seen here.

You might have someone stumble apon it on its own, but BS angel reads every post in that thread so thats your best shot!

Er… How about no? This has the potential to be abused. Easily. For starters, Warthog drivers could spam the button to find targets that would have gone unnoticed otherwise. It would be sort of like how someone doesn’t see the guy in Active Camo until the red name appears above their head. Just flat out annoying. It’d also be necessary to make sure that the waypoint doesn’t linger over the enemy after they gone behind cover or out of sight.

Overall, it’s a feature that would just be too difficult to implement correctly. I do think that this would work wonderfully in campaign though. It would definitely make it a lot easier for Kat to drive.

Nope. That’s what mics are for.

So instead of a Battlefield “lock on” targeting system, how about players are just allowed to set one navpoint? You find a sniper who is crushing your team or you need to highlight a shotgun campers position. You can only set one navpoint so it isn’t abused and it only lasts for one minute. You would set a navpoint by pressing the D-Pad right, and you can deselect it by pressing it left, you can “adjust” your navpoint by pressing the D-Pad right again, but you can only adjust it 3 times before you have to wait for your minute to be up (so adjusting it isn’t abused).

I think only gunners and passengers should be able to point someone.

Basically you have to aim at the target and press the left trigger for a waypoint kinda like in Invasion

Depends. If it targets the enemy allowing the gunner/passenger to shoot the target without aiming inevitably it’s overpowered. If it displays a helpful marker (for a limited time) allowing you and your gunner/passenger to see the location of a high priority target it’s fair, and a great addition.

Great idea, it looks good on paper.

But: When we are playing, I don’t want 50 waypoints cluttering the screen at once. There needs to be some sort of limit. Like one every x seconds, and only show it to those in the vehicle.