New Idea for Customization and Ranking

While many of you have been arguing over customization, Ranking, and Bloom, i have a proposition to make to you. on the topic of skills to upgrade, you could improve different aspects of AA’s, or equipment, or whatever they use using it as a customization option, along with other aspects.

Lets use JetPack, as a example.

Level 1-
Burn time: 5 seconds
Height level: 5 meters
Recovery Time: 30 seconds

You can upgrade each individual “perk” using Skill Points you earn throughout multiplayer, Campaign, and other game types. All 3 upgraded perks will bring that skill set to Level 2. You cannot upgrade the same perk more than 2 times at each level. Upgrading more Levels will reward you with more Skill Points.

Now, lets talk Bloom.

You can customize different weapons too, using the same technique as above. Example below. One perk you can upgrade is Reticule Expansion, or Bloom. You begin with full bloom, then as you upgrade it slowly dissipates to none, but it takes a lot of Skill Points to buy.

DMR Level 16

reticule expansion: none
Clip Size: 50
Zoom: x4
Reload Time: 2.5 seconds

The levels can go up to 25, and this can be implemented with armor, HUD, weapons, AA’s, and many more.

The levels will contribute to your overall Rank, which will match you with other players of the same or near-same rank.

There will also be a social mode where you play as everything set to Level 1, for the more casual players.

How does this sound for a customization and Leveling system?

Sounds like a Call of Duty-esque ranking system which we are trying to stay clear from, and what made Reach redundant to thousands of people. It rewards people who play the game more, and not those whose who are skilled.

In polite terms, this really isn’t a good idea. It would break the game and alienate so many players that prefer a ranking system similar to H2/H3, just like Reach has done.

If 343i have any smarts at all, the ranking system will be as far from this as possible.

> Sounds like a Call of Duty-esque ranking system which we are trying to stay clear from, and what made Reach redundant to thousands of people. It rewards people who play the game more, and not those whose who are skilled.
>
> In polite terms, this really isn’t a good idea. It would break the game and alienate so many players that prefer a ranking system similar to H2/H3, just like Reach has done.
>
> If 343i have any smarts at all, the ranking system will be as far from this as possible.

ive never played CoD, nor do i want to. This ranking system isnt close to what ive read online, because the actual upgrading of your abilities and armor is what levels you up, along with skill points. How would it be “broken”, when farming cant be implemented nor can you be paired with higher/lower skilled players.

Also you can only get Skill Points by winning or by being outstanding in a game, by getting many kills or many medals.

I’m not the biggest fan :frowning:

The game mechanics have already been effed enough by Reach i don’t think this will make it any better…

> I’m not the biggest fan :frowning:
>
> The game mechanics have already been effed enough by Reach i don’t think this will make it any better…

how so?

Thoughts?

just stop

No. Sorry, but just no.

Your system would the game JUST like CoD. If you play a CoD game for the first time a month or so after it has been released, the differentiation between you and the other players is immense. They all have better weapons and perks than you, and although they are all fairly challenging between eachother, to you they are hard to kill, and they can kill you very quickly.

So for you, Level 1 DMR, bloom at 100%, 15 bullets in your clip and a long reload time, Vs a Level 16 DMR player, bloom at 0%, 50 bullets in their clip and a sort reload time, who is more likely to win?

He can shoot you as fast as he likes, and you can only pace your shots for accuracy. You are dead in seconds.

Yes, you said that it will match you with people of a similar level, but that just wouldn’t happen. Have you tried on Halo 3, or even Reach?

It doesn’t work.

Sorry, but I highly doubt many people will agree with you.

This is foolish. You’re literally proposing that just because someone has played the game longer, they have a astronomical advantage to someone who hasnt. Seriously, imagine a TS game where the entire other team has no bloom, and you do have bloom. You will get slaughtered. Halo has never been about “whoever has played the longest has a better advantage”. If you want then, then go play CoD, BF3, or some other bad game that bad players play.

PS. The forums needs to stop with all this “weapon customization” BS.

> This is foolish. You’re literally proposing that just because someone has played the game longer, they have a astronomical advantage to someone who hasnt. Seriously, imagine a TS game where the entire other team has no bloom, and you do have bloom. You will get slaughtered. Halo has never been about “whoever has played the longest has a better advantage”. If you want then, then go play CoD, BF3, or some other bad game that bad players play.
>
> PS. The forums needs to stop with all this “weapon customization” BS.

lol.

I stated that the rank will be based on your overall level in all fields. It wont match you with higher-skilled players to make it even. If you are a Level 4 overall, which is all the levels divided by how high the level is, you wont get matched with any levels higher than 6.

yo shonen

i suggest you stop showin’
ur ideas