New Helmet on Xbox Live Marketplace + Discovery

Before I start I just want to point out that I am NOT trying to offend anyone, nor am I telling 343 how to run their business, I am not a troll and I am not writing this angrily.

Anyway, yesterday I signed on to Xbox Live and noticed an advertisement for the Defiant Map Pack (I would have bought if the lovely BS Angel hadn’t done the code dump) On said advertisement there was a picture of the new helmet (if you don’t know what i’m talking about, click here.

Ok, fantastic, the new helmet that may or may not exist, who knows? But, 343 and Bungie have denied it’s existence many times, correct? So it can’t exist? Alright fair enough, so it doesn’t exist.

That’s false advertising and therefore illegal.

I’m not trying to tell them how to run a business but if BS Angel were here reading this i’m sure she would agree, it is false advertising, they are basically showing us a picture of something that doesn’t exist, i.e something we will not get when we purchase said Map Pack. I would really like this helmet to be real, and to be honest. Check the chest.

I’ve never seen that chest before. Have you? So there apparently is a new chest now too.

Like I said before though, this isn’t a flame thread, only something to get the attention and opinion of the forumgoers. And who knows, someone from 343 might be able to throw us a bone or something because whatever way you look at it at the end of the day if that helmet does not exist then it is false advertising.

PS: I was one of the people lucky enough to get the Defiant Map Pack about 48 hours early and I just want to point out that when I downloaded it 48 hours prior to release date it was about 400 MB, when I re-downloaded. It was 700 MB.

What came with that extra 300 MB? It’s only speculation but I would really like to hear what you guys have to say so please if you can spare the time give me a well written discussion on the whole thing.

Thanks, Spearhead.

They have never denied its existence. To my knowledge they have just stated that there would be no new armor in the Defiant Map Pack.They stated this BEFORE the map pack came out. There is also a video of Frank O’Conner stuttering over a question of new armor etc. So it remains to be seen if anything will come of this or not.

A couple things:

Do you get angry at a game company when they show concept art in advertising and then that particular scene or design doesn’t make it in to the game? maybe they are working on new armour, but couldn’t get it done in time to include it with Defiant Map Pack, we don’t know, and frankly, I don’t care. There’s a metric TON of armour in Reach, and unless you play exorbitant amounts of Halo, it’s not all unlocked for you yet (even friends of mine who are nova don’t have 100% armoury completion, they’re only at about 80%). Yes, that helmet looks cool. No, I don’t see the new chest piece you speak of, and no, I don’t think that 343 is being all shadowy and secretive about these things. Have you considered that even if there is new armour in the map pack, but it is simply not unlocked yet, that 343 may not be able to tell us for some legitimate reason? How much would new armour improve you game experience? Sure, it would certainly be very cool, but would it make a marked difference in the way you play or enjoy the game? not any more than the armour available now does.

Where the extra 300 MB discrepancy is concerned, it’s unclear what this could be. Perhaps it’s the forge objects for the maps? I don’t know if they were fore-able before that tuesday, as I was at PAX until tuesday morning. perhaps it’s a combination of a slightly more optimized performance build of the maps, or perhaps it’s the network code for the maps, perhaps it’s a combination of these or more things. I think the better question is: Who cares? the maps are amazing, and you got them for free.

You mean this

The reason this bugs me is because we know so little about it, and yet it’s right there, advertising the maps (or at least it was). Though they may not be able to tell us much or anything really at this point, it just kind of seems like 343 (or Microsoft or whoever) is waving something in our face that we can’t have.

False advertising? Not so much, both 343I and Bungie have said that no new armor comes with the maps.

And the 400mb 700mb size. Who knows. I did hear that the 400mb was a developers build though it that could be false.

> A couple things:
>
> Do you get angry at a game company when they show concept art in advertising and then that particular scene or design doesn’t make it in to the game? maybe they are working on new armour, but couldn’t get it done in time to include it with Defiant Map Pack, we don’t know, and frankly, I don’t care. There’s a metric TON of armour in Reach, and unless you play exorbitant amounts of Halo, it’s not all unlocked for you yet (even friends of mine who are nova don’t have 100% armoury completion, they’re only at about 80%). Yes, that helmet looks cool. No, I don’t see the new chest piece you speak of, and no, I don’t think that 343 is being all shadowy and secretive about these things. Have you considered that even if there is new armour in the map pack, but it is simply not unlocked yet, that 343 may not be able to tell us for some legitimate reason? How much would new armour improve you game experience? Sure, it would certainly be very cool, but would it make a marked difference in the way you play or enjoy the game? not any more than the armour available now does.
>
> Where the extra 300 MB discrepancy is concerned, it’s unclear what this could be. Perhaps it’s the forge objects for the maps? I don’t know if they were fore-able before that tuesday, as I was at PAX until tuesday morning. perhaps it’s a combination of a slightly more optimized performance build of the maps, or perhaps it’s the network code for the maps, perhaps it’s a combination of these or more things. I think the better question is: Who cares? the maps are amazing, and you got them for free.

I actually found out what the extra 300 MB was in another thread, and no I don’t get angry when companies do that, I never get angry at that kind of thing and asking me that is quite offensive, it sounds like you are assuming that I am deviod of any common knowledge. (No offence) I know there is a ton of armor in Halo Reach, if i’ll be honest with you I am totally satisfied with just the normal Recon helmet and default body. I don’t know why I just do.

As for the chest piece, look around the neck area, there is what appears to be a black tube of some sort? I’ve checked all chest pieces available in the modded accounts (FOR MACHINIMA) I have and none of them match that chest.

I’m not saying that new armor would improve my game experience, like I said I am happy with what I have but even if the armor is real it is quite unfair if not illegal to show something that we can’t have even though many people have purchased it.

Yes I got the maps for free, that does not however make my opinion a load of old garbage, that’s like saying that I can talk but I can’t do it with my mouth. It makes no sense.
The last line you wrote kind of offended me also, since you’re basically rejecting all i’ve said and just thrown a typical response from either a troll or a person minus a brain.

I ask for an intelligent response, I get one but I also get insulted. Thank you…for the intelligent part anyway.

> They have never denied its existence. To my knowledge they have just stated that there would be no new armor in the Defiant Map Pack.They stated this BEFORE the map pack came out. There is also a video of Frank O’Conner stuttering over a question of new armor etc. So it remains to be seen if anything will come of this or not.

Sorry, I had a bit of a mis-type, I wrote the sentence incorrectly, I was meant to say what you did in regards to Frank O’Conner and 343.

My apologies.

> > They have never denied its existence. To my knowledge they have just stated that there would be no new armor in the Defiant Map Pack.They stated this BEFORE the map pack came out. There is also a video of Frank O’Conner stuttering over a question of new armor etc. So it remains to be seen if anything will come of this or not.
>
> Sorry, I had a bit of a mis-type, I wrote the sentence incorrectly, I was meant to say what you did in regards to Frank O’Conner and 343.
>
> My apologies.

Oh I see. No problem.
I would like to ask you guys a question. Is the new helmet still on your dashboard? I saw it when it first appeared. I made mention of it on the forums and now all I see is the green tunnel picture with one blue Spartan and a few red ones. I am just curious if it is just me that can’t see it anymore??

I don’t see it anymore as well, Link

If you see a sprite commercial where it shows a big tough black guy drinking a sprite, would you want the big black guy to come with the sprite too? I don’t think you would nor could sue sprite if you wanted to take that guy home with you to. Btw not being racist.

> I don’t see it anymore as well, Link

Oh Ok, Thanks. I was hoping it just wasn’t me.

> If you see a sprite commercial where it shows a big tough black guy drinking a sprite, would you want the big black guy to come with the sprite too? I don’t think you would nor could sue sprite if you wanted to take that guy home with you to. Btw not being racist.

That’s a little extreme, but having someone with new armor, front and center, in an ad for a map pack can easily give people the wrong idea. Where a big tough black guy drinking a sprite, it is completely unrealistic to think that you would get big tough black guy when you buy a sprite

It might come in a future update, but as of right now we don’t have access to any new armor so there’s no use complaining about it. When Bungie released the Noble map pack, a picture in the weekly update showed a Spartan with the Operator helmet with an attachment that doesn’t exist. It may have been cut or waiting for a later time to release the DLC.

The chest piece appears to be the grenadier one with a NECK GUARD.

They never advertised the helmet as available, so you really can’t call them out for it…

> The chest piece appears to be the grenadier one with a NECK GUARD.
>
> They never advertised the helmet as available, so you really can’t call them out for it…

The fact that they have put that image up to advertise is misleading the general public. It is unfair.

I can call them out for it because i’m a person entitled to an opinion, as are you. :slight_smile:

Again, it is marketing. All this discussion about new armor for the Defiant Map Pack. I can easily say that some of folks who bought the map pack was for the armor. However it is misleading.

To reference to the Sprite commercial which was unnecessary because it’s a different issue.

Also Frankie told us in a interview that you would have to play the Defiant Map Pack to find out. (OMG I NEED TO BUY IT THEN) It’s safe to assume we will eventually get to actually see it in game play.

> They have never denied its existence. To my knowledge they have just stated that there would be no new armor in the Defiant Map Pack.They stated this BEFORE the map pack came out. There is also a video of Frank O’Conner stuttering over a question of new armor etc. So it remains to be seen if anything will come of this or not.

> > The chest piece appears to be the grenadier one with a NECK GUARD.
> >
> > They never advertised the helmet as available, so you really can’t call them out for it…
>
> The fact that they have put that image up to advertise is misleading the general public. It is unfair.
>
> I can call them out for it because i’m a person entitled to an opinion, as are you. :slight_smile:

You can read up on what you are getting. “Three new maps…” CONFIRM PURCHASE

Defiant Map Pack.

It’s fair.
Be patient.
We can wait.

> If you see a sprite commercial where it shows a big tough black guy drinking a sprite, would you want the big black guy to come with the sprite too? I don’t think you would nor could sue sprite if you wanted to take that guy home with you to. Btw not being racist.

I’d totally want that big black guy with my sprite, we could be buddies and play Halo together!

False advertising? Really, you’re going to go with that… okay. Good luck, you have my blessing to start up a lawsuit and you get back to us with the results.

Meanwhile I’ll be suing over that screenshot that shows 5 people in Firefight.

Calm down guys, first it’s not false advertising, things like this are not final images, and are not proper representations of the product, you can’t always buy a car in the color you saw on TV, doesn’t mean you can go false advertising crazy. Not having a digital helmet that you’ll never wear and only want so you can have everything is no reason to get your -Yoink!- bunched up. Time to put the Pull Ups on and wipe the tears away, I did it awhile ago and I promise they’re quite comfortable

Who said anything about suing them? I didn’t. I love how people keep trying to put words in my mouth.