New Halo's Multiplayer Armor

I would like to know if the armor will look like Halo 4’s did. I didn’t like much of the outfits presented to us. Recruit, Mk5, Mk6 were the only good looking ones. I have been wearing ODST gear since Halo 3 (I did a lot of matching for Halo 3 to get it close) and I was very excited to see ODST return, but very upset with the way it looks. It made me want to vomit. Anyone else have concern for the aesthetics? I only am because I like making machinima, and Halo 4 is not machinima worthy.

It isn’t significantly long after the events of Halo 4, so I doubt the GEN2 will have a significant overhaul in terms of graphics, Maybe the proportions will be a bit different, as to address complaints of Halo 4’s visual flair. But it’ll technically be the same hardware, and purely visual enhancements.

Oh, Also, one downfall to Halo 4’s Multiplayer was lighting on some maps. The sun blinded me at points to where it would literally look as if a player appeared out of no where and killed me.

I actually prefer the newer ODST variant to the older hideous one. The rest I can agree with you on.

I’d like a hybrid system of Halo 4’s armory with Reach, and generation-based designs. Like, Air Assault with Reach-like tactical attachments.

I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.

> I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.

i’m with ya man

> > I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.
>
> i’m with ya man

looks at your avatar

I’m still waiting for a true Halo Wars armor :confused:

I really can’t see them redesigning the armor all over again. While there is some armor I just can’t stand a lot of it I like. I do hope that the plastic like look that H4 has was just due to the fact that the 360 was being over taxed and not the goal of the production staff.

> > I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.
>
> i’m with ya man

Same here, however, I would like to see “some” Halo Reach armors appear in the next title. As a Recon lover, I prefer the halo 4 Recon b/c of its sleek look, which goes well with the armor. Recon back in Halo Reach was to “bulky” but I hope with Helmet (hopefull the UA/HUL attachment appear), the torso, contoured forearms and legs appear in Halo 5.

Halo 5 Armor Example:

-MJOLNIR Grenadier (Circa 2531)-

Helmet: Prototype G >UA/Face-Cage >Commando

Chest: Prototype G > Grenadier/Commando >Grenadier LRP

Shoulders: Prototype G > Prototype Commando > Insignia (dome, right firing arm)

Forearms: Mark IV (B) > Bracer > Breacher

Legs: Mark IV (B) > Grenadier > CQC >Medic

One of my biggest gripes was the undersuit it was so dumb that it changed colors.
Halo 4 armor would’ve looked way better if the undersuit remained solid black and grey.

On top of that i hope we see more classic designs with some new flavor.

The rogue helmet was absolutely butchered in halo 4 the halo 3 one looked way better.

the armor should also have a functional look to it like reach did.

In all honesty i just really hope that the whole infinity spartan 4 training stuff
is thrown out from multiplayer i hope we get to play as spartan 2’s and elites like
classic halo.

Armor skins never were in halo and they looked odd in halo 4 same with weapon skins.

Mark VI, Air Assault, Protector, (also Contoured but it’s not a set) and Recon were the only sets I liked in Halo 4 and they were all based on previous iterations of Halo armor (except protector).

Most of the armor in this game is straight up ridiculous. The helmets are especially awful. More supersoldier, less power ranger.

I’d also like to see a bit more of the gritty, worn appearance Reach armor had. Halo 3 was criticized for having shiny action figure armor, then they went and did it again in Halo 4. I understand the S-IVs are mostly new to the scene and haven’t been through a hundred battles like the S-IIs and S-IIIs but for the sake of appearances, let’s forget it.

> > > I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.
> >
> > i’m with ya man
>
> looks at your avatar
>
> I’m still waiting for a true Halo Wars armor :confused:

What? Mark IV? That stuff isn’t even supposed to have shielding.

> > > > I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.
> > >
> > > i’m with ya man
> >
> > looks at your avatar
> >
> > I’m still waiting for a true Halo Wars armor :confused:
>
> What? Mark IV? That stuff isn’t even supposed to have shielding.

I think the same could be said for ODST. Mark IV may not have had shielding during the time that it was in use, but newer models of it would certainly have energy shields when used by post-war forces.

HALO 4 armor variants with HALO REACH style aesthetic upgrades(EX: Jun’s 4 Sniper bullets strapped onto shoulders). To finish it off, make ALL under-armor black to create a counter-balance to the MJOLNIR’s vibrant colors and make armor look like actual metal instead of plastic like in HALO 4.

Hopefully most of the Halo 4 armors won’t come back or will be heavily changed. I’ve discussed how most of them have design flaws or complete contradictions to what their use is and how they look.

As for the armor designs that I would like to see come back and override the newer designs, The Halo 3 Mk. VI, Rogue, Recon, and EVA designs should all return. Halo 4’s Mk VI was okay minus the shoulders and chest looking a bit unnecessarily different. The Halo 4 Rogue armor is honestly a joke when you think about it, the armor doesn’t match up in the slightest with what its used for; if a Spartan was alone using that in the field and happened to trip over a rock and land on their face, they’d be without an operable helmet and would have to pick the glass out of their face. Recon has been getting less and less angular and losing its main design philosophy in each following game. As for EVA, people used to make fun of how it looked like a fishbowl, and it seems like the artists have been trying to make it look more like that since Reach.

Reach’s pouches, tools, extra armor, comm. links, cameras, and such should return. They made the armor look more realistic and military, and after all the original Mk V armor in Halo CE had ammo pouches to start it all off.

> In all honesty i just really hope that the whole infinity spartan 4 training stuff
> is thrown out from multiplayer i hope we get to play as spartan 2’s and elites like
> classic halo.
>
> Armor skins never were in halo and they looked odd in halo 4 same with weapon skins.

It won’t be, and there is absolutely no reason for it to be. Honestly, what’s wrong with a canon tie in? It doesn’t limit anything! Look at Fiesta!

Armor and weapon skins have great potential. Who cares if they were never in Halo before? A lot of things were never in Halo before.

Pure nostalgia is no reason to force a complete 180 on things that don’t even affect gameplay, and on things that aren’t even negative at that. Following that design philosophy, Halo wouldn’t even be a franchise. CE for eternity.

> > > > > I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.
> > > >
> > > > i’m with ya man
> > >
> > > looks at your avatar
> > >
> > > I’m still waiting for a true Halo Wars armor :confused:
> >
> > What? Mark IV? That stuff isn’t even supposed to have shielding.
>
> Grenadier had various generations and seem to in fact have a hybrid Mark V/Mark VI superficial design by canon.
>
> I’m talking about a specific generation used during the Halo Wars era.
>
> (Screw it, the canon for earlier MJOLNIR is so messed up it barely covered the generations of prototype shielding besides what we’ve seen in Wars and Reach. I’m visualizing three different generations of earlier personal shield tech.)

> > > > > > I hope they go with the Reach military/practical armour designs, they can mix in the weird stuff in with that which occasionally looks good on certain people even with armour I despise.
> > > > >
> > > > > i’m with ya man
> > > >
> > > > looks at your avatar
> > > >
> > > > I’m still waiting for a true Halo Wars armor :confused:
> > >
> > > What? Mark IV? That stuff isn’t even supposed to have shielding.
> >
> > Grenadier had various generations and seem to in fact have a hybrid Mark V/Mark VI superficial design by canon.
> >
> > I’m talking about a specific generation used during the Halo Wars era.
>
> Wasn’t really canon, but when it comes to Multiplayer armor everything and anything can be the latest upgraded version of the armor that supports shields and new hardware. They did it with ODST in Halo 3 and the Military Police armor in Reach, there’s no issues with updating armors to work with MJOLNIR.