New Halo game should NOT be called Halo 4

Call me crazy, but I really think this new game should be titled something other than Halo 4. I don’t mean to NOT call it Halo. But I think the number 4 should be dropped from the title. I think because it is a brand new trilogy it needs to be called Halo: Forerunner, or Halo: Aftermath or Halo: New Threat, or whatever. Just something along those lines.

But the first three Halo games were about the Halo rings and the battle with The Flood and the Covenant. I know it COULD be about those factions in these new games. But my geuss is that there is a new threat for Chief to fight. This is just my opnion, but I believe that it makes sense.

It’s continuing the main storyline, why not call it Halo 4? Master Chief’s saga has numbered titles.

I think that any Halo that follows Chief’s story should have the series number at the end and Halo at the beginning and nothing in between, but I guess that that’s just my personal preference.

The Final Fantasy franchise is up to FFXIV (Final Fantasy 14). Granted they are all separate stories but Final Fantasy games non-the-less. In my opinion the main Halo title (CE/2/3/4 etc.) should be reserved for Master Chiefs story. Everything else should have and alternate Halo title such as Halo: “Insert Name Here”.

Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.

> Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.

It’s still Halo and Master Chief no matter which way you look at it.

> Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.

After Halo: Reach Bungie shouldn’t be allowed to make any more Halo games…

> > Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.
>
> After Halo: Reach Bungie shouldn’t be allowed to make any more Halo games…

Sings as Metallica’s vocals

It’s sad but truuuue

> > Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.
>

Um… Duh. Bungie already said they are done making Halo games.

> > > Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.
> >
> > After Halo: Reach Bungie shouldn’t be allowed to make any more Halo games…
>
> Sings as Metallica’s vocals
>
> It’s sad but truuuue

Good song and so true at the same time…

> > > DisturbedShifty:
> > > Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.
> >
>
> Um… Duh. Bungie already said they are done making Halo games.

I know that, I was making a joke because of the half–Yoinked!- job they did.

>

I don’t think they really meant to make Reach have that Haloesque feeling that the other Halos had. Nonetheless Reach is a great game and I thought Bungie did a great job with it.

> >
>
> I don’t think they really meant to make Reach have that Haloesque feeling that the other Halos had. Nonetheless Reach is a great game and I thought Bungie did a great job with it.

I think they were more or less using it as a social/gameplay/style experiment so they’re first non-Halo project didn’t crash and burn. Reach had a large fan base backing it. Reach just didn’t hold up to the others and became what Bungie meant it to be.

Halo 4 just makes perfect sense though, and plus the 4 in the new-ish font just looks freaken awesome.

> Halo 4 just makes perfect sense though, and plus the 4 in the new-ish font just looks freaken awesome.

I know, best logo to date.

> Halo 4 just makes perfect sense though, and plus the 4 in the new-ish font just looks freaken awesome.

Meh. The font they used to spell out “Halo” for Halo: Reach is much better. I liked the simplified version of the classic Halo font.

> > > > Ok. Another reason I think it shouldn’t be called Halo 4, it’s not made by Bungie.
> > >
> > > After Halo: Reach Bungie shouldn’t be allowed to make any more Halo games…
> >
> > I don’t think they really meant to make Reach have that Haloesque feeling that the other Halos had. Nonetheless Reach is a great game and I thought Bungie did a great job with it.
>
> I think they were more or less using it as a social/gameplay/style experiment so they’re first non-Halo project didn’t crash and burn. Reach had a large fan base backing it. Reach just didn’t hold up to the others and became what Bungie meant it to be.

I actually agree, but don’t worry, I’m sure that 343 will be bringing back that classic feeling that Halo fans have come to know and love. As long as traditional infection and the elephant make a comeback to Halo 4 I’ll be happy, with the multiplayer at least.

Halo 3 - Finish The Fight
Halo 4 - Start A New Fight
Halo 5 - Fighting. Do It
Halo 6 - You Know What To Do

> Halo 3 - Finish The Fight
> Halo 4 - Start A New Fight
> Halo 5 - Fighting. Do It
> Halo 6 - You Know What To Do

I know where you got that from. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Halo 3 - Finish The Fight
> > Halo 4 - Start A New Fight
> > Halo 5 - Fighting. Do It
> > Halo 6 - You Know What To Do
>
> I know where you got that from. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I know how Halo 4 will start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L1eKPpuNiY

> > > Halo 3 - Finish The Fight
> > > Halo 4 - Start A New Fight
> > > Halo 5 - Fighting. Do It
> > > Halo 6 - You Know What To Do
> >
> > I know where you got that from. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I think I know how Halo 4 will start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L1eKPpuNiY

Oh my god that is so old! XD